Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think majority of our VFL Listed Players are Better?
I think several are putting up their hands - Daicos, Mayne, De Goey (eventually) and Wells all could come in as soon as possible. I'm probably forgetting a few as well.

Aish isn't taking his footy very seriously. I haven't watched much of him recently so I'm not sure where he needs to improve. I think he's a good user of the ball but he's afraid of the contest, which in the modern game of contested ball and clearances and such, it really hurts Aish's position on the field as he cannot really dominate or change a game by himself.

I think several are putting up their hands - Daicos, Mayne, De Goey (eventually) and Wells all could come in as soon as possible. I'm probably forgetting a few as well.

Aish isn't taking his footy very seriously. I haven't watched much of him recently so I'm not sure where he needs to improve. I think he's a good user of the ball but he's afraid of the contest, which in the modern game of contested ball and clearances and such, it really hurts Aish's position on the field as he cannot really dominate or change a game by himself.

Could that he is Playing on the Wing which is mostly a Outside Postion and he thinks he has to stay on the Outside just about all the Time

Could that he is Playing on the Wing which is mostly a Outside Postion and he thinks he has to stay on the Outside just about all the Time
You have to be quick when out on a wing, like a Gaff or a Brad Hill. Aish just isn't that and considering we don't have much space for a mid like Aish on the inside, I'm coming to think we're not the club for him.

You have to be quick when out on a wing, like a Gaff or a Brad Hill. Aish just isn't that and considering we don't have much space for a mid like Aish on the inside, I'm coming to think we're not the club for him.

Agree the Wingman need Speed and Aish does not have that Sadly.

I would like us to Play him Either Forward or Down back so he can show off his Strong Mark and His Tidy Disposal or His Good Shot on Goal

Agree the Wingman need Speed and Aish does not have that Sadly.

I would like us to Play him Either Forward or Down back so he can show off his Strong Mark and His Tidy Disposal or His Good Shot on Goal
He played forward last year and was borderline useless; Mayne and Daicos would provide better options. He might be alright on the back flank; we need better kicks down back and I'm not very fond of Josh Smith playing there. Unfortunately for him, Wells is coming back and looks to slot in there for now according to Buckley's pre-season plans.

He played forward last year and was borderline useless; Mayne and Daicos would provide better options. He might be alright on the back flank; we need better kicks down back and I'm not very fond of Josh Smith playing there. Unfortunately for him, Wells is coming back and looks to slot in there for now according to Buckley's pre-season plans.

Well Going by what you said he be Stuck in the VFL and we might as well get Rid of Him at Seasons end.

I also worried when we brought In Wells it was BAD news for Aish

Maybe he thinks too much and plays too safe- not wanting to make a mistake.

When this happens, it comes with a lack of run and creativity.

Hoping he plays bang smack in the middle next week in the VFL.

Maybe he thinks too much and plays too safe- not wanting to make a mistake.

When this happens, it comes with a lack of run and creativity.

Hoping he plays bang smack in the middle next week in the VFL.

Yep. I would love to put on the ball so he can get early Touches which has helped him in the Past.

Maybe he is too smart and overthinks things on the Field.

He plays best when playing with Instinct instead of Thinking

Too many excuses for him at the moment..........De Goey had no problem playing in the forward line!

He needs to pull his finger out...........simple!

De Goey's play style also suits the forward line allot more than Aish's

Yeah I saw the none chase too, it didn't look good.

Your correct 14 disposals isn't alot and it wasn't great game by his standards but in saying that I thought it was a game that was tight in close so alot of players got there hands on the ball but couldn't effect a disposal.

I haven't looked at the stats but I imagine there would have been a low possessions count across the board, I didn't see anyone really kill it today. The stats might prove me wrong.
FFS Josh Thomas was better than him.

How long do we tow the line that Aish is played out of position?

He's bloody ordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks confused and hesitant. No idea what his instructions are, but whatever is happening at the moment isn't working. He looks like he needs instructions dramatically altered. If he's currently being given a loosely defined role, tighten it up and give him a very explicit role. If he's currently being given an explicit role, loosen it and give him carte blanche.

Based on the VFL game we won't be seeing him in the AFL for quite a while. He has time on his side so it's not really time to panic, but from today's game I'd play Wells, De Goey, Wills and Daicos all ahead of him in the seniors..

Well I hope you're right.

What do you base this on, that he'll be a better defender?
He seems more like a player that reads the play unfolding from behind the rather than someone and his overhead marking when coming back with the flight is quite good. Leading up at the footy however he seems to gets lost.

I'm not saying he'll make it as a defender I'll just will stop saying he's played out of position when he's tried there. If he fails we know he wasn't played out of position and he just sucked and he succeeds well..

Can't see a more unsuited player to playing defence on our list than Aish.

Unaccountable and slow, he'll be torn up by any half decent forward

Think you need to look harder at our list, we have plenty of unaccountable and slow half backs.

Coburg impressed me after quarter time, they worked really hard closing our mids down, not allowing them space. Defensively I think they played better than us we just had to many class players when it counted at the end of the game.

Agree with this. In the first quarter it was a case of 'how much will we win by'? I think Coburg were also coached very well, especially after the first quarter.

Anyway, that's another topic. Re Aish, he is enigmatic. I cant quite define him. I often think he has played poorly, and then find out after a game that he was more involved and influential than I realised.

But he is not soft, that's a BF myth.

Yep. I would love to put on the ball so he can get early Touches which has helped him in the Past.

Maybe he is too smart and overthinks things on the Field.

He plays best when playing with Instinct instead of Thinking

I think you are right with this TD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back