Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Aish ... but yeah, win win. Great result if it frees up salary to keep the elite talent.... and good for James too if thats what he wants.

I've liked Aish. Never questioned his courage. But I don't think he's a difference maker. Good footballer -plays his role . Disposal is not as good as it could be.
If he goes he goes.
I understand your concern Dave but I don't really think we'll lose sleep over it

Bit sad to see him go to be honest I was hoping to see him go to the next level with us. On a brighter note he doesn't have to put up with Ross Lyon as coach.

I rate Aish ... but yeah, win win. Great result if it frees up salary to keep the elite talent.... and good for James too if thats what he wants.

Well I guess Club does not rate him as Certain Best 22 and He get along well with Longmiure who Rates Aish

Im fine with trading Aish out as long as compo is good. But I find it strange.
This is the guy we rushed straight in to a prelim after an injury layoff. Ahead of Shaz. One minute he’s seemingly a highly internally rated integral best 22 player.. next he’s thrown up for trade. Surely he wasn’t a big earner for us so how much cap space are we saving?

This is the guy we rushed straight in to a prelim after an injury layoff. Ahead of Shaz. One minute he’s seemingly a highly internally rated integral best 22 player.. next he’s thrown up for trade. Surely he wasn’t a big earner for us so how much cap space are we saving?

We have no Salary Cap Room so we need to get rid of players

Rumoured to be earning up to $500k a year.

If this move contributed to sureing up a Grundy, De Goey or Stephenson it’s definitely the right one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far there is nothing on it, even trade radio, just another site having a lend of us

Ps. Finally heard it, it was freo who went to Aish and collingwood, not the other way around

Last edited:
Given Longmuir’s connection, it may be we didn’t offer him up for trade, but that Freo made an offer for him. Longmuir knows him well, and probably thought he would be gettable as the Pies need some relief and Freo could do with him.

I see off loading Aish a consequence of the terrible list management we had for a number of years during the Hine / Gubby Allen period.

I like Aish - always have, and he probably played out of positiion at Pies.

But having said that he is not a difference maker - more a role player. We have more of his ilk waiting in the wings for less money so bon voyage James.

Wish him every success. The 2013 draft (Scharenberg (6), Freeman (10), and evetually Aish via Brisbane (8) ) - 3 top 10 picks just there and very little value out of that trio.

It’s behaviour like this that could never be tolerated.

The Club has had enough.

388C7453-A369-4040-99AF-03F68DE67D39.jpeg

Shirt tucked out,
Tie square cut.

Just not good enough.

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back