Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmuir obviously rates Aish highly. That kind of get me a little concerned that we haven’t made the best use of Aish.
I’m sure he will flourish over in Freo playing more as a midfielder.

Surprise, surprise it's not about our cap for 2020 rather we want to leave our options open for the year after. It makes sense to hold off signing Aish until we know what dollars we'll have left after De Goey, Moore and Grundy. Further going by the below comments it seems Pickering has shopped Aish around to gain more job security after not being able to get a longer deal at Collingwood.

"We've been trying to extend him, and Collingwood have been pretty up front about it and said, 'Look, we wouldn't be able to do anything until potentially this time next year'.

"(Collingwood said), 'If there's somewhere else that you're going to be guaranteed to play and is going to be a good opportunity for you, we won't stand in your way'. And we know Longmuir loves him."

Feel sorry how Collingwood has Treated him in this Trade Period

Collingwood hasn't treated him like anything. He's contracted for next year, his manager tried to organise an extension and the club has said "we can't do anything right now because of all the other big deals we have to focus on." Encouraging a bloke to explore his options to ensure job security is the most compassionate thing the club could do in the circumstances.

What have they done exactly Dave? From all reports Freo approached him/Pies and we OK'd him have a medical and meeting with Freo.

Have we treated him poorly because we haven't extended him beyond 2020 when his manager asked for it but that was earlier than this Trade period?

Dave I think you have misread this one buddy.......all parties have been very mature and open.

I hope he stays just like you.......but the ball is in his court tomorrow.

Future 3rd most likely the best trade outcome we can expect.

Wouldn't surprise if it was only a nominal 4th round selection to get Aish a new home and his salary off our books for next year and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a future pick too, not keen to see him go personally but it's looking that way. He seems an obvious one to cull if they are really keen to go down that path.

Let's see what happens tomorrow!

Oh Dave, you’re joking surely.
Aish turned his back on his original club, requesting a trade to Collingwood.
He hasn’t achieved anything at Collingwood and has been given a lifeline by Freo. Had we let him fulfill his last year of contract, which he can still elect to do, his worth may diminish further and at the end of 2020 have no suitors and no future at CFC.
Best he grab this lifeline. And I’m not in the least concerned that trading him away will come back to bite us. Not many three club players achieve achieve “A” status.

Dave's reaction in this thread tomorrow will be a sadder moment than when Simba watched Mufasa get trampled.

Be the Saddest I been about a Trade since we lost Chris Dawes

Hope for the best for Aish whatever happens.
The fact that his manager, Pies and Freo are all supporting him to make his own decision demonstrates he’s a respected individual.
He certainly has my respect. Never taken a backward step when in the black and white.

Hope for the best for Aish whatever happens.
The fact that his manager, Pies and Freo are all supporting him to make his own decision demonstrates he’s a respected individual.
He certainly has my respect. Never taken a backward step when in the black and white.
Yes that’s a good point.

(Notwithstanding the sideways steps he took when he had that umbrella :umbrellarain:

Jokes.)

Dave's reaction in this thread tomorrow will be a sadder moment than when Simba watched Mufasa get trampled.
Uncalled for nahnah.....not sure why people need to mock him about this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back