Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kid is only 21! Only absolute guns dominate before 23! Aish is no Judd, hodge Ball etc. but I would stick with him. He still has 10 years of football ahead of him. Sometimes we need to just have some patience.

That is how I feel now. I thought he be a Gun but does not look like he will but I also still think he can be a Best 22 Player at AFL Level and have a Solid Career

I have more hopes for Aish than Scharenberg. Aish has all the tools to become an elite balanced midfielder like Pendlebury/Selwood/Mitchell, just needs more confidence and experience.

Aish, Broomy, Brown and Daicos all a chance. Bucks said today that they are careful of picking young players before they are ready. Club feels that you can do more damage than good
someone said Daicos was on crutches after the VFL game. May need to check that

someone said Daicos was on crutches after the VFL game. May need to check that
Apparently trained well today and was listed as test in the injury report.

Not sure why he be on the Injury List when he Playing the Full Game on Sunday

Like i said it may have to be validated for Daics.

Although from personal experience you can play a full game and pull up lame. He may have been on crutches for precautionary purposes.

But if fit, I want Daicos IN!!

Well,I assume he didn't train earlier in the week due to his foot injury. Hence placed on the injured players list.
Listed as a Test.
I assume he passed the test today...
So he plays this weekend...

Daicos didn't play the full game on Sunday though, he went off in the first quarter...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kid is only 21! Only absolute guns dominate before 23! Aish is no Judd, hodge Ball etc. but I would stick with him. He still has 10 years of football ahead of him. Sometimes we need to just have some patience.

Aish might struggle to get beyond this contract let alone dominate at any stage.

He is one to percevere with, but he needs a serious kick up the backside. His work rate and intensity are so far off it that I personally have doubts that weren't there 12 months ago. It's a reflection of the coaching group, IMO, but no action is ever taken so he'll continue to drift in the short term.

In the space of 12 weeks a guy that's missed over 2 years of footy has moved passed him in terms of output and workrate. It's not good enough for a guy that's played around 100 games of state league footy or higher!

Only absolute guns dominate full stop. Aish is long odds to carve out a 10 year career at this rate let alone dominate at any stage.

He is one to percevere with, but he needs a serious kick up the backside. His work rate and intensity are so far off it that I personally have doubts that weren't there 12 months ago. It's a reflection of the coaching group, IMO, but no action is ever taken so he'll continue to drift in the short term.

In the space of 12 weeks a guy that's missed over 2 years of footy has moved passed him in terms of output and workrate. It's not good enough for a guy that's played around 100 games of state league footy or higher!
He really needs to take a leaf out of his mates book about the amount of work required to succeed at the top level. Matt still has things to work on still, but there should be no doubt now about his work rate and professionalism.

He really needs to take a leaf out of his mates book about the amount of work required to succeed at the top level. Matt still has things to work on still, but there should be no doubt now about his work rate and professionalism.

Couldn't agree more. IMO, we struggle for leadership, but there's no shortage of mentors around the club for him to attach himself to yet outwardly he continues to look like a guy that thinks talent alone will get the job done. It's not a good look for both him and the FD.

I would keep Aish for his last season but I would also say to him. "We want to see you Make Impact next Season and make yourself a Best 22 Player. IF not then NO New Contract"

He looked like this time last year he was Close to Cementing his Spot in the Best 22 but seemed to gone Backwards as seems to be only in because of Injuries.

Though I hope he plays last 2 Games and get Actually Put him in the Middle to see what he can do

Aish has never been quite the same since Picaboo left our Jolly posting brigade.

needs a bit of Picaboo

And umbrellas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back