Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I just hate giving up first rounders, especially since we've done it so much lately!
A first rounder for a 195 cm backman who looks to have 10 seasons of near elite footy ahead of him would be a great deal for us for mine.

Problem about the Twisties I will have to stop eating them a lot as have to lose a fair bit of Rate so I don't find this problem hopefully again

Yeah Dave I was thinking the same thing, good get! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought his last 3 quarters were good today. Went to the game against Geelong and he was poor but at least he was trying his guts out. He's quite creative when he gets the ball but he just doesn't find it enough. Ditto Broomhead

I don't mind this idea. We seem to have small forwards rip us apart.
In theory I like it too but I worry about him being too slight for the role.

Think Ramsay is ahead of him there, but if he can find a way around that his ball use would make him an upgrade.

In theory I like it too but I worry about him being too slight for the role.

Think Ramsay is ahead of him there, but if he can find a way around that his ball use would make him an upgrade.

Aish doesn't have enough burst speed or strength to play as a lock down anything.

Like a lot of Collingwood players his decision making is sorely lacking a lot of the time, but out lack of structure / game play and generally poor running patterns would make it difficult a lot of the time.

A lot of our younger players are lacking a little above the shoulders where 90% of the battle is won or lost on game day but if we can improve in this area across the board then players like Aish will be fine.

Last edited:
Terrible season, particularly after finishing last year so strong. He's clearly lacking confidence, he doesn't look like he even wants the ball and if he does get it, just gets rid of it to his nearest team mate.

1 last year for him, IMO. He's probably lucky we spent so much on him, so will be a little more hesitant to cut our losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back