Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a pretty good mark.
I think what needs to be acknowledged with sport in general is that it's 90+% above the shoulders. He's not quick granted, but he is hard and skilful and as you've pointed out can take a grab.

He needs to get his head right, commit, train hard and develop. The AFL is littered with players that didn't have the physical attributes but dominated.

He was a star junior coming from a good footballing family, I think he is resting on his laurels and expecting it to just happen. Not everybody wants to be a brownloaw medalist and we would never have a team if everybody was trying to be...so I guess it's ok if he just wants to plod along...but he needs to contribute and at the moment he is not as impactful as he could be. Hopefully Buckley or the development coaches can turn him around.

I think what needs to be acknowledged with sport in general is that it's 90+% above the shoulders. He's not quick granted, but he is hard and skilful and as you've pointed out can take a grab.

He needs to get his head right, commit, train hard and develop. The AFL is littered with players that didn't have the physical attributes but dominated.

He was a star junior coming from a good footballing family, I think he is resting on his laurels and expecting it to just happen. Not everybody wants to be a brownloaw medalist and we would never have a team if everybody was trying to be...so I guess it's ok if he just wants to plod along...but he needs to contribute and at the moment he is not as impactful as he could be. Hopefully Buckley or the development coaches can turn him around.

So you think a Kick up the Bum might not go a stray?

Honestly needs to get angry, eat a steak and put some meat on. The way he's going he's going to stay in similar shape to Morgan. He's one of those vegans isn't he? Ever seen a well built Vegan?

He's a vegan? No wonder he's so ******* small and weak.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I think veganism is ******* idiotic for a professional athlete. I think it's idiotic in general but I understand some people wanting to go down that path. I don't understand anyone athlete that thinks you can compete at the highest level as a vegan. Sure, there are a few fringe sports where you could probably be okay. But a legitimate high output sport requiring so much strength, just insane.

He's a vegan? No wonder he's so ******* small and weak.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I think veganism is ******* idiotic for a professional athlete. I think it's idiotic in general but I understand some people wanting to go down that path. I don't understand anyone athlete that thinks you can compete at the highest level as a vegan. Sure, there are a few fringe sports where you could probably be okay. But a legitimate high output sport requiring so much strength, just insane.

Could be wrong but Morgan Mitchell is. And I swear she said her boyfriend introduced her to it. Whether it was him, or one prior, I'm not sure.

Edit just googled it and it was her ex, not James Aish. But who knows, maybe she has convinced him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be shadowing Sidebottom. Similar traits with Sidebottom being physically stronger - particularly around the hips.

Seems to be not many people in the Middle for Aish.

You Either Think he is a Dud or a Potential Gun Player

I think that's more your interpretation of peoples opinions Dave. I'm firmly in the middle. Kid has potential, I'm just not sure he's motivated enough to realise it. If he doesn't stake a claim in the 22 in 2018 he'll be looking for a real job.

Did look okay down back Early in the Year when he played there in the VFL.

He needs a Postion and Stay there and not Thrown around

I think we all know his position. Ideally, he's an inside mid. Just well down the pecking order for midfield time so he needs to either adapt to another position or build more size to merit that role at senior level.

Some Positive Signs seeing Aish already back in the Gym

Given that these guys finished their season almost 4 weeks ago you would have thought it would be the minimum expectation of a professional athlete to be doing some sort of work by now, especially of one who's career is seriously hanging by a thread!

I say expectation as it's obviously not a requirement.

Given that these guys finished their season almost 4 weeks ago you would have thought it would be the minimum expectation of a professional athlete to be doing some sort of work by now, especially of one who's career is seriously hanging by a thread!

I say expectation as it's obviously not a requirement.

Well Collingwood showed that Most Pies are on Holidays

Remove this Banner Ad

Back