Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 more 4 clubs, 3 states. Stuart Wigney and Adrian Fletcher (could be considered 5 clubs as he played for the Bears and Brisbane Lions).

I reckon that about covers it. The only players who have played in 3 states.

Jared Polec the only other to do it all this millennium. (3 clubs, 3 states).

Challenge anyone to find anyone else...
I’m not sure how you could have overlooked the great Tony “8 quarters in a day” Armstrong...

Oh there you go, there's another one. I was just waiting for someone to find someone I overlooked! I knew it would happen. Better not quit my day job, I'm not Bruce McAvaney yet!
Another delicious one: Rhys Palmer
I assume you don't count him because the Blues weren't really a club when they recruited him.

I guess you're right. The more the merrier.

Daniel Currie is particularly special because I've never even heard of him.
There was a 5 year period where he was this board's choice as the unknown hack ruckman that we had to have. We never picked him up, but half the AFL strangely seemed to agree that he was perfect for the role.

Aish is in a pretty special position. Only 24 and an Adelaide boy. You'd have to think a hometown return and 4 states could be on the cards at some stage. If that occurs, the only question is where to erect the statue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a 5 year period where he was this board's choice as the unknown hack ruckman that we had to have. We never picked him up, but half the AFL strangely seemed to agree that he was perfect for the role.

Aish is in a pretty special position. Only 24 and an Adelaide boy. You'd have to think a hometown return and 4 states could be on the cards at some stage. If that occurs, the only question is where to erect the statue?

That's a privileged role being the unknown hack backup ruckman at Collingwood, we have got that to a fine art. Darcy Cameron is carrying on a fine tradition.

Aish also has the distinction of being worth significantly less every time he gets picked up... don't buy shares in James Aish.

That's a privileged role being the unknown hack backup ruckman at Collingwood, we have got that to a fine art. Darcy Cameron is carrying on a fine tradition.

Aish also has the distinction of being worth significantly less every time he gets picked up... don't buy shares in James Aish.
I never saw him play, but I get the impression that Currie was the ideal depth player. If most of the list is injured, you need guys who can come in and contribute to the loss.

I never saw him play, but I get the impression that Currie was the ideal depth player. If most of the list is injured, you need guys who can come in and contribute to the loss.

I seem to remember him being a popular supercoach cheapie now. 10 senior games in a 10 year senior career suggests he wasn't much chop and played the depth ruckman role with aplomb.

Despite the headline it’s an old nothing article...

James Aish has officially requested a trade to Fremantle in a bid to shore up his future.
The talented defender will head to WA as the Pies struggle to keep marquee players Brodie Grundy, Jordan De Goey and Scott Pendlebury under the salary cap.
Aish touched down in Perth yesterday for a tour of Fremantle’s Cockburn facility and admitted to having mixed feelings about the club shift.
“The last few days have been a bit of a whirlwind and came from nowhere,” Aish admitted at Perth Airport.
Aish said he was “really happy” at Collingwood, but the club’s salary cap restraints saw him pushed out.
“We’ll sit down with Freo and work something out for him,” Collingwood’s list manager Ned Guy said.
“We’ll try and do the right thing by Aishy.”
Aish’s manager Liam Pickering confirmed the safety of Fremantle’s three-year deal was enticing.
“We’ve been trying to extend him, and Collingwood have been pretty up-front about it and said ‘look, we wouldn’t be able to do anything until potentially this time next year’,” he said.
“(They said) ‘If there’s somewhere else that you’re going to be guaranteed to play and is going to be a good opportunity for you, we won’t stand in your way’. And we know Longmuir loves him.”

Don't you love the way they draw their own conclusions and add their own colour rather than simply rely upon the quotes of the people involved.

Don't you love the way they draw their own conclusions and add their own colour rather than simply rely upon the quotes of the people involved.

Better Story then the Truth

Probably got the highest pay per senior game than anyone... 1 game per year... and made $3 mill at a guess over 10 years.

Not bad work if you can get it.
Currie at 300k a year? Closer to 150 at a reach I reckon.

I watched the game Dave and besides setting up the second last goal didn’t do much.

Well I guess the People Telling me he was not good enough to play AFL be telling me that I was Wrong and we Lost No One

Remove this Banner Ad

Back