James Brayshaw rumoured to join Saturday Night Footy this year

Remove this Banner Ad

God Brayshaws voice is annoying but I'd take him over Basil and half the others anyday.

As long as he doesn't take either Lingy's/Bennets spot it's a solid upgrade.

God Brayshaws voice is annoying but I'd take him over Basil and half the others anyday.

As long as he doesn't take either Lingy's/Bennets spot it's a solid upgrade.

Cameron Ling is the worst special comments man ever. So bland and less insight than an American traveller at his first game

JB was a bit too enthusiastic for the cricket, but suits footy pretty well. And his name isn't Basil so it's a massive upgrade by default <3

Now if we could just replace Darcy with Ricky Ponting for special comments then might actually rate the team as a whole. I know, I know, Ricky did not play football at elite level. But FFS, I do not care, he has to be better than Darcy it will not matter.

Or tony romo completely different football sport but would be an upgrade

Will be interesting to see how JB goes. He worked well at Ch.9 with his mates Lyon, BT etc and they played off each other well. But Ch.7 is a more straight up and down commentary style with little personality. So which JB will turn up, the good caller but with a bit of his own personality or a robot commentator that Ch.7 like

Will be interesting to see how JB goes. He worked well at Ch.9 with his mates Lyon, BT etc and they played off each other well. But Ch.7 is a more straight up and down commentary style with little personality. So which JB will turn up, the good caller but with a bit of his own personality or a robot commentator that Ch.7 like

He is a good relationship with Luke they have called nearly 10 years on Triple M and he has alluded to a friendship with Richo- I think he will be good.I can’t imagien JB changing much and I don’t expect 7 would want him to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I would like to
Put money on is how quickly they move on Andy as host of the front bar. You would imagine that Andy would be eating everyone vitamin known to man ensuring he doesn’t get sick next year because 7 management would be chomping at the bit to plug JB in

Last edited:
What I would like to
Put money on is how quickly they move on Andy as host of the front bar. You would imagine that Andy would be eating everyone vitamin known to man ensuring he doesn’t get sing next year because 7 management would be chomping at the bit to plug JB in

Yes, he should stick to being the token male doing womens cricket. That shameful job suits him well.

What I would like to
Put money on is how quickly they move on Andy as host of the front bar. You would imagine that Andy would be eating everyone vitamin known to man ensuring he doesn’t get sing next year because 7 management would be chomping at the bit to plug JB in

I'd watch the hell out of the front bar if they could get JB to sign up to it.

If JB tones down the "blokey-ness" a little bit and finds a balance then he's a far better commentator, either way it is big upgrade on Basil.

Wtf is blokeyness? You mean if at every opportunity he reads from the media guide of things you are allowed to say?

JB and BT are going to be calling AFL X on channel 7 together. My hope is that they call the game straight with some witty humour thrown in but I'm not expecting that to happen.

He's been good so far. I'm the type who will quickly warm to a caller who the calls the game straight and he's been solid so far. My concern was we'd hear a twenty20 style commentary but he and BT have passed with flying colours so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back