MRP / Trib. James Sicily tackle on Hugh McCluggage

How many weeks for Sicily?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't rotate him as you bring him down. Tackling is a skill like kicking. If you can't do it without injuring your opponent, you don't get to play.

Don't bring him down? How do you not bring them down when they're both down? You're out of your depth, just like the AFL.

LOL mate he was off balance what part of lunging tackle doesn't make sense all of that happened within a second. There was no control over rotating or not rotating him. It was momentum and the only way to avoid it is to NOT make the tackle. Did you even watch the tackle in real time.

No these armchair experts who haven't been in contact sports in their whole life just watch slow motion replays.

The tribunal who made the decision to suspend him was made up of ex-players, not fanboys.
And do you really think that they're not acting within parameters set down by the AFL top brass? They are clearly pressured to make findings that align with the AFL's preferences and I can assure you that any sitting members who aren't that malleable wouldn't be sitting on it for too long ... it's simply how the AFL works these days.

Don't rotate him as you bring him down. Tackling is a skill like kicking. If you can't do it without injuring your opponent, you don't get to play.
If he doesn’t rotate him it gets judged as push in the back.

They're not my rules; stop calling names just because you're salty at Sicily getting rubbed out for going back to his old aggro ways
Nothing that Sicily did was aggro in any way shape or form. He performed a legitimate tackle that netted him a HTB free kick and that the MRO/Trib are out of touch with the game and the supporters.

Nothing that Sicily did was aggro in any way shape or form. He performed a legitimate tackle that netted him a HTB free kick and that the MRO/Trib are out of touch with the game and the supporters.
I wouldn't bother with him. As you can see from his posting his view is obviously biased by using language like "aggro ways". It clearly wasn't. He is just responding to get a raise from ppl and getting ppl to respond to him. I suppose you have to get your kicks somehow

They're not my rules; stop calling names just because you're salty at Sicily getting rubbed out for going back to his old aggro ways

Nearly 2 weeks later you keep posting everyday without answering the question. At what point should Sicily release the tackle. 0.2, 0.5, or 0.7 seconds after initiating?

Comments like this would make sense if:
  • Time moved extremely slowly
  • The person being tackled was stationary
  • The person being tackled existed only to be tackled and did not have their own goals, actions etc.

Don't rotate on the way down. Jesus Christ. Someone actually thinks Sicily made a decision between the options of rotate or not rotating McLuggage while lunging, and tackling McLuggage around the hips, then with McLuggage was on top of him?

And he made that decision so poorly that he should not be allowed to play for 3 weeks?

How can you possibly follow that line of argument?

Nearly 2 weeks later you keep posting everyday without answering the question. At what point should Sicily release the tackle. 0.2, 0.5, or 0.7 seconds after initiating?
But it doesn't matter because Coleman pushed him 5 seconds earlier :rolleyes:

Patrick Dangerfield(Players Association)
Supports the ban.
1687245432597.png 1687245432597.png 1687245432597.png

Dangerfield was interviewed by Gerard Wheatley 3SEN today in what could only be described as a footy player reading from carefully prepared transcripts.
Wheatley’s interview was about as hard hitting at getting slapped with a wet lettuce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comments like this would make sense if:
  • Time moved extremely slowly
  • The person being tackled was stationary
  • The person being tackled existed only to be tackled and did not have their own goals, actions etc.

Don't rotate on the way down. Jesus Christ. Someone actually thinks Sicily made a decision between the options of rotate or not rotating McLuggage while lunging, and tackling McLuggage around the hips, then with McLuggage was on top of him?

And he made that decision so poorly that he should not be allowed to play for 3 weeks?

How can you possibly follow that line of argument?

Yes, three weeks. The appeals board confirmed the tribunal decision. If Sicily can't tackle in that situation without concussing his opponent he either shouldn't play or shouldn't tackle. This isn't a complicated one. It just seems that some people are desperate not to understand the rules.

Yes, three weeks. The appeals board confirmed the tribunal decision. If Sicily can't tackle in that situation without concussing his opponent he either shouldn't play or shouldn't tackle. This isn't a complicated one. It just seems that some people are desperate not to understand the rules.
When does Paul Curtis face the tribunal for breaking Leigh Jones' arm?

Can you confirm that for me?

Kicking in danger.

3 more than Curtis breaking someones arm if outcomes are what determines a punishment.
Geeze you pricks are ****ed.

The solution to one stupid decision is more stupid decisions?

No wonder your club made such a balls up of the racism report.

When does Paul Curtis face the tribunal for breaking Leigh Jones' arm?

Can you confirm that for me?

Kicking in danger.
Live us our coach back you twat.

Came in here to express my disgust at this decision now i wish he got an extra 10 weeks for all you sooks whinging.

Last edited:
Perplexed - you were pointing out 'It just seems that some people are desperate not to understand the rules', it seems as though 'kicking in danger' is a rule the tribunal feels desperate to 'not understand' when Liam Jones looks like he'll miss the rest of the season. This isn't a Hawthorn v North thing, it's pointing out how your witty observations are directed towards the wrong parties.

Ferball - 'Dive us back our coach'......enough said

If Sicily can't tackle in that situation without concussing his opponent he either shouldn't play or shouldn't tackle.

That's what's it's come down, he shouldn't play AFL. He's too much of a dangerous player.

Can you explain why 4 umpires thought it was a legal tackle and paid holding the ball?

Why in his previous 200 tackles Sicily has not a concussed a player? (As far as I can remember).

That's what's it's come down, he shouldn't play AFL. He's too much of a dangerous player.

Can you explain why 4 umpires thought it was a legal tackle and paid holding the ball?

Why in his previous 200 tackles Sicily has not a concussed a player? (As far as I can remember).
He won't be playing for 3 weeks. He'll learn and won't do a tackle like that again and will be fine.

Regarding the free - the umpires were wrong, Hawthorn got away with one. It happens.

Back