MRP / Trib. James Sicily tackle on Hugh McCluggage

How many weeks for Sicily?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I'm in the minority and whatever I say will be chalked off as Lion fan bias but here's what I think - that's how he hit the ground, left arm is pinned so he can't break his own fall really, the tribunal said that in their decision, I'm not disputing that it was an accident but lots of people have been charged with accidents over the years, that's not a huge factor for me. As I already said I'd go 1 over 3 so yes I do think 3 is too excessive. I fully agree it was an accident but i disagree that it was unavoidable that's how I arrived at my 1 week opinion.

The tribunal are restricted by their own system that says if the tackle meets X and Y criteria it MUST be Z weeks - that system needs to be changed and there needs to be more flexibility.

I think there's an extra half rotation there resulting in him going down head first.

I'm not challenging Sicily's character or intent or anything, you can see in the footage he notices he is injured and asks to stop the game, he obviously didn't intend for the injury to happen.

View attachment 1717979
Again you and others mention it but his left arm being pinned is being overpowered. The direction his momentum is going it’s unlikely even with it not being pinned that he would be able to do much with that arm, his right arm is the one open and that is the best chance to break the momentum.

As mentioned, Football accidents happen and this is that.

Sicily is pushed by Coleman and proceedingly dives to tackle McCluggage around the hip. He is able to grab a hold of his left elbow which slides down to his hand around his thigh. McCluggage is caught HTB, but before this McCluggage is running through in the direction the tackle went, his head is downward which creates momentum going into the ground, it’s down because he’s obviously collecting the ball. Sicily does that and he then pulls him toward himself, which is what is taught by the AFL.

This is a perfect tackle, it’s just an unfortunate incident. The thing people mention is the roll over but by the point of that the tackle is complete and Sicily has little control of McCluggage, but he rolls him over once he has taken him toward himself. The contact is made majorly by the pulling toward himself not the roll, the roll is merely him getting up after the tackle.

Brockman coming over the top could’ve caused momentum changes to McCluggage but can’t be determined, however it is clear and that proven by the biomechanist that Sicily had lost control of the tackle once Brockman came over the top, or he lost a lot of control. Which also comes into the fact of what else can he do, and he did all he could.

Sicily will be in the coaches box for a few weeks which help with his leadership development..

The young Hawks will learn to play and win without the captain all the while getting a better draft pick.

Just a win-win-win for Hawthorn. As for the rest of the comp... Will see when a player misses a whole finals series for an accidental bump of the head.

Good to see Mcluggage back, guess it wasn't that bad missing only one game.

Last night Bailey Fritsch tackled Kolodjashnij in a very similar tackle to what Sicily executed on McCluggage. The difference was that unfortunately McCluggage was injured and Kolodjashnij was not.

If we were to develop any sort of consistency we’d do either one of two things;

1. Ban those tackles outright, irrespective of the outcome to the tackled player.

2. Let those tackles stand and reward them for their proper execution and not punish based on the outcome.

You either let good tackles go irrespective of the outcome, or just ban them altogether. Tackling is part of the game, you can’t seperate the Fritsch and Sicily tackle for negligence.

Last night Bailey Fritsch tackled Kolodjashnij in a very similar tackle to what Sicily executed on McCluggage. The difference was that unfortunately McCluggage was injured and Kolodjashnij was not.

If we were to develop any sort of consistency we’d do either one of two things;

1. Ban those tackles outright, irrespective of the outcome to the tackled player.

2. Let those tackles stand and reward them for their proper execution and not punish based on the outcome.

You either let good tackles go irrespective of the outcome, or just ban them altogether. Tackling is part of the game, you can’t seperate the Fritsch and Sicily tackle for negligence.

At least some people saw it.
It was identical with the only difference being no third player in

The bigger issue is the media clearly playing as the propoganda voice for the league, but they're struggling.
The peoples voice is starting to get through
People just don’t like the inconsistency. But yes, the media totally kowtow to the AFL and just dribble dross. Occasionally you’ll get some commentary that elicits genuine confusion and asks questions of the decision making etc, which is good.

People just don’t like the inconsistency. But yes, the media totally kowtow to the AFL and just dribble dross. Occasionally you’ll get some commentary that elicits genuine confusion and asks questions of the decision making etc, which is good.
Just enough trickle to make the majority question their doubts.
Good old fashioned gaslighting

Did you just see Noah Balta flick his head towards the turf trying to draw a free kick when he got sling tracked?

Interesting that McCluggage had his best game of the season tonight. He should fall and concuss himself more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your really have nothing. You've lost this argument.
The only thing you have is cattily attacking McCluggage for having the audacity to be tackled dangerously
Good to see Mcluggage back, guess it wasn't that bad missing only one game.
Interesting that McCluggage had his best game of the season tonight. He should fall and concuss himself more often.

Seek help mate you're not well

The only thing you have is cattily attacking McCluggage for having the audacity to be tackled dangerously

Seek help mate you're not well

They are literally talking about it now with King, Dunstall and Montagna saying its milking the free kick and nearly dislocated his neck.

Just because you can type words on a forum any say whatever you like does not mean you are devoid of reality as keep owning yourself. Keep owning yourself, everybody on the forum can see it Maddo

Just because you can type words on a forum any say whatever you like does not mean you are devoid of reality as keep owning yourself.

For Real Basketball GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Didn't see it, I've been watching the cricket

Did you miss the conversation from Buckley, Brown, Lewis tonight?

What about now with Dickson, Dal Santo and Brad Johnson? Basically saying if you have an arm pinned and are holding the ball you should drop the ball and brace for impact.

Did you miss the conversation from Buckley, Brown, Lewis tonight?

What about now with Dickson, Dal Santo and Brad Johnson? Basically saying if you have an arm pinned and are holding the ball you should drop the ball and brace for impact.
Yeah I'm watching the cricket again. I don't generally care what meat head "back in my day" types have to say when they're trying to fill air between betting ads. Or trying to generate click bait headlines

Yeah I'm watching the cricket again. I don't generally care what meat head "back in my day" types have to say when they're trying to fill air between betting ads. Or trying to generate click bait headlines

Meatheads? At least they're not airheads like some. I'll take meatheads opinion over someone who's never lost an argument on bigfooty as badly as you have.

Meatheads? At least they're not airheads like some. I'll take meatheads opinion over someone who's never lost an argument on bigfooty as badly as you have.
Ok mate. Stop tagging me any time someone says anything about a tackle ok?

Back