Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one max's out their strength potential at 21, he has more to come.
Tell that to his opponents...and teammates he's laid out already...This is a farm boy that's worked 7 days a week on his old man's farm, he's as strong as an ox.

We do have someone decent to partner with him. His name is Nick Murray, he is 21 years old and is looking on a good incline for a young KPD.

I’m not sure what people expect from a 21 yo. A seasoned well rounded defender?
Gee, I don’t know… maybe that he doesnt hurt himself and his team mates as often and instead takes out some of the opposition players?..

good boot on him, theres definitely a defender somewhere in there but its only half emerged at this point.. not sure on his decision making and football brain though as he just might be as dumb as a box of hammers..

but the lad is as mad as a cut snake.

Tell that to his opponents...and teammates he's laid out already...This is a farm boy that's worked 7 days a week on his old man's farm, he's as strong as an ox.
I don't think people are questioning his current strength, but the fact that the's got some physical growth left in him. This is quite pleasing to be honest.

My little guy has Autism too.. i agree.. not sure what effect being in another state would have. Seems like a convenient excuse.

Speech and occupational thearapists, pychologists, helpful schools, pediatricians etc etc would be found just as easily in melbourne as they would perth..

Although.. being close to parents in law is helpful.. but thats the same for the parents of any children, austistic or not..

Seems Grotto thinks the child’s needs only appear once a formal diagnosis is given. That any issues aren’t there beforehand

We do have someone decent to partner with him. His name is Nick Murray, he is 21 years old and is looking on a good incline for a young KPD.

I’m not sure what people expect from a 21 yo. A seasoned well rounded defender?
Yeah he could be good but right now he’s another Hartigan

Hartigan was a top class 1v1 defender, better than Murray has shown so far in his short career… but who you just didnt want the ball in Hartigans hands.. ever!.
This part was way overblown, Talia was just as bad, but no one ever mentioned him.

Right now he’s a 21 year old learning the craft.

Hartigan debuted as a 21 year old. I would say Murray today is already a match for 30 year old Hartigan.

People on this site baffle me with their expectations that these 18 to 22 year olds are meant to be ready made AFL stars.

Feel like this thread needs a cautionary notification for whiplash attached to the title. Opinions are already at full blown trade week levels of intensity, and he's not even our player...

Lol, Imagine what its like on the North board. Those guys must be tearing each other apart!

All 7 of them are having a wild time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartigan debuted as a 21 year old. I would say Murray today is already a match for 30 year old Hartigan.

People on this site baffle me with their expectations that these 18 to 22 year olds are meant to be ready made AFL stars.
Best of all it shows we can fill key defensive posts with rookies.
Our problems aren’t the kpd it’s midfield and that’s where all capital should be spent.

Feel like this thread needs a cautionary notification for whiplash attached to the title. Opinions are already at full blown trade week levels of intensity, and he's not even our player...

Lol, Imagine what its like on the North board. Those guys must be tearing each other apart!
Yeah a lot of intensity for a player unlikely to come to the club. North should take up the Tassie offer if it's on the table. It's the only way they will get out of their mess.

Last edited:
Murray put on more size and strength? ain't gonna happen, he's a massive man just not the tallest KPD going around. 98 Kegs of pure muscle.
He's certainly bulked up in the gym since he's been here, but hasn't lost any noticeable agility and is a decent size.

His body shape reminds me of Jack Darling (191cm, 95kg) or Noah Balta (194cm, 102kg), who are exceptionally strong but not overly tall for a KPD (even Steven May).

If he can increase his strength /power further without losing his agility, no reason he shouldn't do it.

Hartigan was a bloody good defender, not a great kick, but pretty reliable one on one at his peak.

He did some great jobs on Martin, Wingard as well as the bigger forwards too.

If he can get to that level that's a decent KPD on our hands from the rookie draft.

Personally I think he can go above that with his athletism.

Last edited:
Hartigan was a bloody good defender, not a great kick, but pretty reliable one on one at his peak.

If he can get to that level that's a decent KPD on our hands from the rookie draft.

Personally I think he can go above that with his atheism.
I really don't see what God has to do with it! ;)

That's why I said right now. Solid defensive player but does some dumb stuff

Personally I think he can go above that with his athletism.
Hartigan had some strengths but also many limitations. I wouldn't say he was bloody good but he was workmanlike.

Back