Training Jen's training updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
First the foot stress, now hip surgery. He sure is a collingwood player.
The great thing about our academy is that we get the boys to the Holden Centre sooner, where it's brutal surface can develop players into the Collingwood way earlier than normal.

Excuse my ignorance here, but has the club come out and said what the issue was with Langdon and what surgery he had? All seemed a bit vague all year really.
A knee thing. lol That's all we knew. But its something he has had for a few years now. But what it was exactly, we don't know.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Good to see Grundy employing the bushman's hankie.

We're very similar re.. funny charismatic enthusiastic inteligent and we have that Oprah appeal where we're able to connect people together and s**t like that.

Wanna do an around the ground with the nid and gimp show next yr re? I reckon we'd create a f sensation re.

We're very similar re.. funny charismatic enthusiastic inteligent and we have that Oprah appeal where we're able to connect people together and s**t like that.

Wanna do an around the ground with the nid and gimp show next yr re? I reckon we'd create a f sensation re.
I don't think you could handle me in trakkie daks, mochies & reaking of Brutt 33.

Also, I say crikey just as often as you use re.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I don't think you could handle me in trakkie daks, mochies & reaking of Brutt 33.

We're very much alike.. but with contrasting ways of communicating our ideas and that re.. which would make it work.. classic combination re.. bring back entertainment to the game.. rather than have 50 stiffs complain about 1 bloke yelling his lungs out.. dancing in the aisles to the f rumba beat and s**t like.. and the afl wanna market the game overseas.. how on earth can they when we're missing that one big essential from the game.. defeats the f purpose re.. far too many.. 'oh shut up.. I'm watching the game you clown'. Stifffffs

We're very much alike.. but with contrasting ways of communicating our ideas and that re.. which would make it work.. classic combination re.. bring back entertainment to the game.. rather than have 50 stiffs complain about 1 bloke yelling his lungs out.. dancing in the aisles to the f rumba beat and s**t like.. and the afl wanna market the game overseas.. how on earth can they when we're missing that one big essential from the game.. defeats the f purpose re.. far too many.. 'oh shut up.. I'm watching the game you clown'. Stifffffs
Fugg yeah man, do you remember that lame dance troupe we had?

My moves put them to shame.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

Are you gonna rip flares and go full Panathinaikos? No more of this clap clap clap go Pies s**t.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Are you gonna rip flares and go full Panathinaikos? No more of this clap clap clap go Pies s**t.

Here re.. it's f like.. 'oh pass me the Thins Craig.. oh can you reach in and grab the Nes Shaz.'

You go to f Toumba in Thesaloniki and you can't see 2 inches in front of your face from the 50 flairs lit.. you go home and it takes you 3-4 days to recover from flair smoke inhalation.. your ears are ringing.. you've lost your voice.. you can't sleep even though you're exhausted.. you're legs are stiff from all the lactic acid.

I'm not suggesting we go full on PAOK re.. but how on earth are we ever going to promote the game of AFL overseas when the crowd acts so vanilla re. It's f like we've got the foo fighters on stage going nuts.. then you turn to the crowd and you're thinking wtf is this.. Carol's by Candelight watching f Dennis Walter with that baratone malakia voice of his perform.. sway right and f left.. oh this is so f cool.. what a lovely time I'm having tonight.

Agh stooo.. go spend the millions in grass roots footy..

Last edited:

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pre-season Training: Dec 4th.

Players in attendance (in some form)
De Goey
Quaynor
Grundy
Elliott
Browns x 2
Daicos
Grundy
Treloar
Langdon
Noble
Pendles
Shaz
Adams
Cameron
Dunn
Mayne
Varcoe
Greenwood
Reid
Phillips
Sidebottom
Roughy
Thomas
Crisp
Kelly
Murphy
Broomhead
Moore
Appleby
WHE
Wills
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Atu
Mihochek
Lynch
Madgen
Tohil
Keene
Rantall
Ruscoe
Bianco

Only ones missing is Beams and Stevo.

First ones out was Roughy, Treloar, Reid, Daics, Greenwood. Then the rest of the squad began trailing out. It seems we have a rehab group persisting of -- and they didn't participate with the main group with match sim (Treloar, Reid, Daicos, Greenwood, Quaynor) Treloar asked a trainer "We doing rehab today?". I'm not sure why he is in the group.

Once everyone warmed up, they split into rotations, then started off with the match sim. Again, those rehab players didn't participate. Dunn was on the stationary bike, along with Broomhead who came out and joined him.
Langdon made an appearance, and went over the boys when they were on a break from the match sim, to listen to the coaches.

Then once that was done, Half the group went inside, and the ones remaining separated in two groups and did some more work. Followed by some stoppages drills with the younger players.
Bianco was with Grundy, Mayne and Shaz. Ruscoe was with Cox. I don't recall where Rantall was.

Light session, not surprising not a lot was done.

There are probably some things I'm missing. I got some videos I will put up.

Interesting you noted Shaz doing some stoppage work with Grundy and Mayne, myself and a few others on here have wondered whether he’s someone who could move into the mid group next year,due to our abundance of HBF types.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d love to know what’s going on with Treloar. All he can does is running, no skills whatsoever. Might be a bit of a concern but he has time on his side.

This early in the preseason, I'd assume some of that is just "management" of guys who have historically had some significant injury issues.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Brut 33 is so last year. You'll need to make the move to blue stratos.

SouthernPie

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting you noted Shaz doing some stoppage work with Grundy and Mayne, myself and a few others on here have wondered whether he’s someone who could move into the mid group next year,due to our abundance of HBF types.
I have never doubted Shaz's innate abilities, especially his uncanny ability to read the flight of the ball. It's sad for him that he's never gotten a good solid run to establish himself permanently in the team's best 22.
Must admit I've never thought of him as a mid-fielder! :think: He is elite with hand-ball accuracy though, so perhaps he could play as a defensive mid, by contesting the centre bounces, dish it off and then run like hell into the backline????? it would mean the more attacking mids like Treloar could confine themsleves more to forward of centre.
Hohno9911, could you please offer more detail in how you envisage him being used? Very interested. :)

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
This early in the preseason, I'd assume some of that is just "management" of guys who have historically had some significant injury issues.

How dare you bring logic into the page long anxiety attack over guys with individual programs??

Pre-season Training: Dec 4th.

Players in attendance (in some form)
De Goey
Quaynor
Grundy
Elliott
Browns x 2
Daicos
Grundy
Treloar
Langdon
Noble
Pendles
Shaz
Adams
Cameron
Dunn
Mayne
Varcoe
Greenwood
Reid
Phillips
Sidebottom
Roughy
Thomas
Crisp
Kelly
Murphy
Broomhead
Moore
Appleby
WHE
Wills
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Atu
Mihochek
Lynch
Madgen
Tohil
Keene
Rantall
Ruscoe
Bianco

Only ones missing is Beams and Stevo.

First ones out was Roughy, Treloar, Reid, Daics, Greenwood. Then the rest of the squad began trailing out. It seems we have a rehab group persisting of -- and they didn't participate with the main group with match sim (Treloar, Reid, Daicos, Greenwood, Quaynor) Treloar asked a trainer "We doing rehab today?". I'm not sure why he is in the group.

Once everyone warmed up, they split into rotations, then started off with the match sim. Again, those rehab players didn't participate. Dunn was on the stationary bike, along with Broomhead who came out and joined him.
Langdon made an appearance, and went over the boys when they were on a break from the match sim, to listen to the coaches.

Then once that was done, Half the group went inside, and the ones remaining separated in two groups and did some more work. Followed by some stoppages drills with the younger players.
Bianco was with Grundy, Mayne and Shaz. Ruscoe was with Cox. I don't recall where Rantall was.

Light session, not surprising not a lot was done.

There are probably some things I'm missing. I got some videos I will put up.
I thought these early sessions were for the year 1-4 players? Have they changed things up or our seniors just really keen this year?

I thought these early sessions were for the year 1-4 players? Have they changed things up or our seniors just really keen this year?
First to fourth years started on the 18th of Nov and the rest were expected to start on the 2nd of Dec.

Johno9911

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have never doubted Shaz's innate abilities, especially his uncanny ability to read the flight of the ball. It's sad for him that he's never gotten a good solid run to establish himself permanently in the team's best 22.
Must admit I've never thought of him as a mid-fielder! :think: He is elite with hand-ball accuracy though, so perhaps he could play as a defensive mid, by contesting the centre bounces, dish it off and then run like hell into the backline????? it would mean the more attacking mids like Treloar could confine themsleves more to forward of centre.
Hohno9911, could you please offer more detail in how you envisage him being used? Very interested. :)

A defensive mid role is the right line of thinking imo, if Collingwood were that way inclined to move Shaz up the ground. He is an elite user of the ball, which would tidy up some of our disposal through midfield, as well as being able to drop behind the play and intercept and play on the defensive end, which would help balance out our midfield more.

Would probably be a similar sort of role to what Mayne plays, however I think Shaz would be an upgrade on Mayne as a bigger body and a better kick. I wouldn't have him in the center bounces, more out on a wing where he has time to hit up teammates, but also have the ability to drop of behind the play and intercept counter attacks out of our forward 50. Out on a wing (where the play is often less contested) might also assist in keeping him healthy, as he'd hopefully cope fewer knocks playing on the outside.

first two weeks were -- although even then a few seniors turned up. But everyone was back the start of this week.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fire at Collingwood

EK_aQrQUEAABSXH

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back