Jeremy Cameron elbow on Harris Andrews

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think it will be graded intentional. Think it's reckless, high contact, severe impact

What does that equate to?

Anything deemed severe impact, regardless of being graded careless, is minimum 3 weeks. He raised that forearm though and they've shown zero tolerance for that s**t in the past. It'll be 4-6.

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 5.57.50 PM.png

Not looking at the ball, could have been brave and taken it on the body but CHOOSES to raise his elbow which becomes a weapon at the speed of the collision. Andrews knocked out cold mid air and falls to ground hitting head again.

Cameron has priors, deliberate dog act with the most dangerous body part at huge impact to the sacrosanct head, can't be less than 6 weeks or the AFL aren't serious about protecting the head.

It is their own team though so may go soft. Anything less than 6 weeks will prove it.

throw the book at him.

Reminds me of this:

First thing I thought of too - Plugger got 8 weeks for his hit on Caven.

Cameron should get the same. And should have been sent off!!!!!

To intentionally elbow the oppo's best defender to the head, an action that is always going to force that player out of the game, should result in the offender being disqualified from participating for the rest of the game as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see much difference to this one that only earned Membrey two weeks.

If anything, Cameron was less culpable as he was looking away and it was sheer bad luck that he caught Andrews on the point of the chin and KO'd him. Reckless rather than intentional.

Andrews being something of a media favourite seems to have bestowed the Cameron incident with a touch of hysteria.

Last edited:
4+ for sure.

I wondered why Giants fans weren’t in this thread defending it, but then I remembered the obvious.

Maybe they're both still watching the game?

If anything, Cameron was less culpable as he was looking away and it was sheer bad luck that he caught Andrews on the point of the chin and KO'd him. Reckless rather than intentional.

Andrews being something of a media favourite seems to have bestowed the Cameron incident with a touch of hysteria.

MRO is heavily (overly IMHO) focused on results though, and Grimes got up and took his kick (even if he looked wonky).

Good comparison, will cop another week as Andrews was carried off, maybe two for priors.

I have an idea on how suspensions should be dealt out, why should the upcoming teams be rewarded for a players indiscretion and not the team the player committed the act against......so here goes.

Suspension as normal and then +1 which is for when said player comes up against said club again.

ie: Cameron misses the next 6 games and then also misses the next time GWS play Brisbane.

I have an idea on how suspensions should be dealt out, why should the upcoming teams be rewarded for a players indiscretion and not the team the player committed the act against......so here goes.

Suspension as normal and then +1 which is for when said player comes up against said club again.

ie: Cameron misses the next 6 games and then also misses the next time GWS play Brisbane.

Bit awkward. Knock a bloke out in Round 1, serve your handful of weeks, play the rest of the season and possibly miss a GF when perfectly fit.

Someone is salty that Rance will only win AA by default and reputation this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back