Jeremy Corbyn, former UK Opposition Leader

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty amazing how badly Labour is doing in the polls considering how chaotic the Conservatives are.

May has real issues but so does Corbyn. He badly wants Brexit but his party doesnt. He would love no deal but cant be seen to want it. He says he wants an election but then he would have to campaign for remain

The ones doing all the hard pushing on another referendum are nearly all Blairites ie Benn, Cooper, Chucka etc.

Two stunningly useless leaders.

May has real issues but so does Corbyn. He badly wants Brexit but his party doesnt. He would love no deal but cant be seen to want it. He says he wants an election but then he would have to campaign for remain

The ones doing all the hard pushing on another referendum are nearly all Blairites ie Benn, Cooper, Chucka etc.

Polls I saw was that no matter what Jezza chose he'd be smoked in an election, and the only poll that he was in striking distance was one where the Brexit question wasn't asked. Basically, the working class constituency of Labour want Brexit, the chattering class don't, and if he choses either, he's ****ed.

Tories didn't seem to be fazed either way.

This 100%

I am a massive fan of compulsory voting, and in AU am a labour voter, but I admit I'd feel shitty putting a 1 against his name

Polls I saw was that no matter what Jezza chose he'd be smoked in an election, and the only poll that he was in striking distance was one where the Brexit question wasn't asked. Basically, the working class constituency of Labour want Brexit, the chattering class don't, and if he choses either, he's ******.

Tories didn't seem to be fazed either way.

Blairites masquerading as the Peoples Vote are saying that polling shows unless Labour back remain they will get killed. Apparently internal labour polling doesnt show that at all. Northern labour mps apparently are strongly opposed to another referendum.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-maj...bour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

When you factor in this uncertainty, the figures for how each party’s seats voted changes a bit. By this count, 62% of Conservative seats voted Leave, with 21% uncertain and 17% Remain. Labour’s seats, meanwhile, voted 56% Leave, 8% uncertain, and 36% Remain.

Blairites masquerading as the Peoples Vote are saying that polling shows unless Labour back remain they will get killed. Apparently internal labour polling doesnt show that at all. Northern labour mps apparently are strongly opposed to another referendum.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-maj...bour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

When you factor in this uncertainty, the figures for how each party’s seats voted changes a bit. By this count, 62% of Conservative seats voted Leave, with 21% uncertain and 17% Remain. Labour’s seats, meanwhile, voted 56% Leave, 8% uncertain, and 36% Remain.

Very interesting. One thing said was the younger eligible voters didn't participate in the referendum like the older constituency did. Its said they were much more likely to vote remain if they'd have bothered to vote. The young are apparently more Eurocentric having been brought up with the benefits of access & opportunity of the Eurozone. Much more so than the older groups who don't like that change.

What's your thoughts on that? Would another referendum bring those young votes out do you think?

What's your thoughts on that? Would another referendum bring those young votes out do you think?

Possibly. Its claimed so many people have died / turned 18 that even if everyone voted the same way remain would win

Corbyn seems to be forced to push for a 2nd referendum which he clearly doesnt want.

Corbyn has played the entire Brexit affair to his advantage, which deserves respect in itself. But seeing how his country will end up far worse off for his efforts, he doesn't get any from me. Selfish and equivocal. Thank u, next.

Blairites killing Labour again. If Corbyn was free to follow his own beliefs, Labour would be dominating the polls.

Blairites killing Labour again. If Corbyn was free to follow his own beliefs, Labour would be dominating the polls.

The lack of self awareness of some of them particularly Blair and Alistair Campbell is amazing. They are such a gift to Brexit and the Tories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blair cops a huge amount of s**t - much of it well deserved - but jeez, he did win three elections, and he did change Britain for the better.

He likes to say he reformed the public services. Utter tosh. Did nothing re the nhs but spend money and in education he had to backtrack and go back to the old Tory policy under a different name.

As for wages, Blair decimated the pay for a vast number of blue collar workers by letting in huge numbers of Eastern European migrants. Builders, roofers, tilers etc all saw their incomes smashed.

I wonder how Blair came to be worth allegedly close to £100m?

Its their one chance to try and grab back control. Cant see it working though, especially if the new deselection rules come in.

I doubt too many tears will be shed when Chuka and co leave for a new party and take the wretched Soubry with them.

Its their one chance to try and grab back control. Cant see it working though, especially if the new deselection rules come in.

I doubt too many tears will be shed when Chuka and co leave for a new party and take the wretched Soubry with them.
The front page of the Guardian will be soaked with tears of blood at the loss of their beloved Blairite Rump.

He likes to say he reformed the public services. Utter tosh. Did nothing re the nhs but spend money and in education he had to backtrack and go back to the old Tory policy under a different name.

As for wages, Blair decimated the pay for a vast number of blue collar workers by letting in huge numbers of Eastern European migrants. Builders, roofers, tilers etc all saw their incomes smashed.

I wonder how Blair came to be worth allegedly close to £100m?

As you know I'm not a huge Blar fan at all. He's the James Hird of politics.

But denying history or trying to rewrite it is just stupid.

Things his government did that were/are very positive:

- Bank of England independence on interest rates (recall the Tories stuff up on the ERM and having to raise rates etc etc. I know you'll have some bullshit excuse for this, but that's the historical reality)

- Scottish devolution. (Again, a can already anticipate your bullshit about subsidy junkies etc, but it was a profound democratic reform long overdue that actually saved the UK as a whole)

- Minimum wage (Brought in under his government, immigration impacts are separate thing)

- Good Friday Agreement and the peace process. It had a lot of authors, including the Tories, but he and his government held his nerve on many occasions after it was signed and kept the show on the road.

Independent is seemingly the Blairite rag du jour. Wont stop banging on about another referendum.
Ditto the Guardian, but the re-referendum is mainly about wedging Corbyn in its decades-long campaign against him.
They've never forgiven the members for taking the party back from the Blairites.

Ditto the Guardian, but the re-referendum is mainly about wedging Corbyn in its decades-long campaign against him.
They've never forgiven the members for taking the party back from the Blairites.

The Guardian is a bit more equivocal re him. Owen Jones is desperately trying to ingratiate himself. It seems more and more likely that a number of Blairites will jump before they are deselected (cant see many of them winning as independents, maybe someone like Frank Field)

The majority of the population want a referendum. And easily too. It aint even close. To deny them another vote is to deny the people democracy.

lol. You dont get another vote just because a govt is behind in the polls. Would remainers have argued the same if leave was ahead now and remain won the referendum? No of course not. Ridiculous argument.

There is no massive support for another referendum inside or outside parliament.

lol. You dont get another vote just because a govt is behind in the polls. Would remainers have argued the same if leave was ahead now and remain won the referendum? No of course not. Ridiculous argument.

There is no massive support for another referendum inside or outside parliament.
Yes you do get another vote regardless of the polls. Every 4 years. Its called elections. The polls for a referendum are overwhelming and it will be a landslide to remain. The enemies of democracy are stopping it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back