UK Liz Truss - Shortest serving UK PM in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Ru Paul's cousin.

I mean, Cory Brooker (who was seen as a rising star a few years ago). He is actually Ru Paul's cousin too.

There are a few progressive candidates. This L.A Times article from yesterday has the notable ones covered. Senator Cory Booker has some serious credentials, although the article labels him "a progressive with an asterisk" owing to his political pragmatism.

Ru Paul's cousin.

I mean, Cory Brooker (who was seen as a rising star a few years ago). He is actually Ru Paul's cousin too.

I don't think anyone sees him as being a part of the Left? He was one of a handful of Democrats who voted against allowing the importation of prescription drugs from Canada to help lower drug prices, has given weird defences of Wall Street, and has been one of the Democrats' biggest supporters of charter schools. I agree he's not really seen as a rising star anymore - never polling above 3% when he stood in the 2020 primaries will do that.

Beto O'Rourke?

Also not a left-winger. A reliably conservative Democrat voting for the fossil fuel industry and Trump's immigration record.

Nina Turner might be the best option if Bernie decided too old and AOC too young. AOC may as well just do it, she's probably only going to lose capital from here.

Anyway, this is off-topic, but then what is Liz Truss, anyway?

Just brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least two people have reportedly turned down honours from Liz Truss, with one apparently being too “humiliated” to accept a nomination from the UK’s shortest serving prime minister.
Following the lead of the late HM who took the uncertainty of the afterlife over the humiliation of having Truss serve her as her PM.

The promotion of Truss to PM should put the conservatives in the political wilderness for a generation. Already proven as incompetent as a minister , her first cabinet is full of talentless cronies. Worst of all Boris Johnson gave her his backing although you can guarantee he will be sharpening the knives to get back in as pm or leader of the opposition.
Well done, right on the money.

Such a balanced viewpoint.

The high level of left hatred is usually a good sign imo.
:tearsofjoy: I'm embarrassed for you.

Interesting to chart her lurch to the right over the years, particularly how she's gone from supporting some socially progressive movements as a conservative backbencher to now, writing a book about defeating wokeism. You have to wonder whether she believes all this stuff in her heart but changes her mind as the wind blows, or if she just knows what the right horse to hitch her wagon to at any given moment.

Of course, I already know the answer as I write this.

The must-read book of 2024 is coming.

I'd be almost tempted to read that to see how unhinged it gets. But in reality, it would probably just annoy me.
Plus, I'm never going to pay for a copy.

I'd be hoping for more of this gear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back