UK Liz Truss - Shortest serving UK PM in history

Remove this Banner Ad

unfortunately the USA appears so broken (partisan distrust, alternative histories and irreconcilable beliefs) that it looks like they will go back to the republicans
Wrong thread for it - but my take is Biden will get shifted out of the way, replaced by a young and energetic alternative, and the USA will have a stark choice at the next election.

Everyone in the western world is ready to stick it to the boomers and mess that have made and Trump is a boomer.

If they’d just have the common sense to make voting compulsory, a lot of their problems would go away.
Australia hasn't exactly been a model of political stability either. On the surface intraparty factional infighting isn't really the electorate's fault to be fair, but 'somebody' votes for anyone who holds a seat in our system, so that 'somebody' put all these factional bozos where they are in the first place!

Wrong thread for it - but my take is Biden will get shifted out of the way, replaced by a young and energetic alternative, and the USA will have a stark choice at the next election.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is still too young for the job (she's 33) and Bernie Sanders is too old (he's 81). Is there anyone on the Democratic Left in that nation who is in the middle of those two who might run?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is still too young for the job (she's 33) and Bernie Sanders is too old (he's 81). Is there anyone on the Democratic Left in that nation who is in the middle of those two who might run?
Gen X has been a blow out politically, I put it down to the fact that we probably killed more brain cells collectively in the 80s and 90s than any generation that's ever existed before or since.

Gen X has been a blow out politically, I put it down to the fact that we probably killed more brain cells collectively in the 80s and 90s than any generation that's ever existed before or since.
Yeah. You might be right. I know I'm not as widely read as I could be these days about politics but there's not a lot of Xers in the political sphere to actually get excited about are there?

Maybe there's a lot of action at the grassroots level, but how many are growing upward and onward?

Australia hasn't exactly been a model of political stability either. On the surface intraparty factional infighting isn't really the electorate's fault to be fair, but 'somebody' votes for anyone who holds a seat in our system, so that 'somebody' put all these factional bozos where they are in the first place!
But we have improved that recently, with first Labor and then the Coalition introducing tough new leadership challenge rules. Don't think we'll be seeing too many frivolous challenges from now on. For better or for worse, Albanese's and Dutton's positions are pretty secure.

Yeah. You might be right. I know I'm not as widely read as I could be these days about politics but there's not a lot of Xers in the political sphere to actually get excited about are there?

Maybe there's a lot of action at the grassroots level, but how many are growing upward and onward?
I think we're mostly just the middle kids in the ruck between boomers and millennials.

I think we're mostly just the middle kids in the ruck between boomers and millennials.
Did the post-Vietnam era create an apathetic vacuum in the scene? I would have thought it would have galvanised political stances, but then again post-Iraq/post-Afghanistan haven't really 'shook things up' in the scene either. It just reinforced that 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss' stuff that The Who sang about.

Grassroots activism was buzzing at the time, yeah sure. But nothing growing up from that fertile soil that I could see. Maybe economic pressures and another depression might throw some skittles around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prediction- rishi will aim to be a save the furniture type pm, his speech indicated his priority was to unify the Party before the country, so by being steady and unspectacular will aim to keep Tory losses to a lower level (and avoid the current spectre of total party wipeout)

Ru Paul's cousin.

I mean, Cory Brooker (who was seen as a rising star a few years ago). He is actually Ru Paul's cousin too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back