Injury Jeremy Laidler - Knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Worrying thing for mine was the innocuous way it happened.

Im no medico, but once you have one dislocation, it makes additional dislocations of the same joint far more likely.

Correct. A patella dislocation does make it far more likely as the tendons from the medial side are either torn or stretched. Luckily, in the short term at least, good taping and quadriceps strengthening is enough to get by with.

Eventually he may go the option of having it repaired surgically, although I would expect him to wait until the end of the season.

Worrying thing for mine was the innocuous way it happened.

Im no medico, but once you have one dislocation, it makes additional dislocations of the same joint far more likely.

I don't think it was that innocuous. My thought immediately after it happened was just how much force was being placed on Laidler's knee/leg in the battle of strength with the much bigger Minson. On the hard modern grounds, there is no give in the legs in such a battle.

McKay on SEN this morning said worst case is six weeks and if rehab goes well could be as low as four.

With Duigan & Jamison to come back into the side by round 1, I think Ratts will play Thornton as the third tall in the backline, as I don't think Bower ( Who doesn't seem like he can spoil the ball. Was beaten on countless occasions by Liam Jones) & Davies can hold well enough when caught one on one.

With Duigan & Jamison to come back into the side by round 1, I think Ratts will play Thornton as the third tall in the backline, as I don't think Bower ( Who doesn't seem like he can spoil the ball. Was beaten on countless occasions by Liam Jones) & Davies can hold well enough when caught one on one.

how many points did Jones score?

Have to agree. Have much more confidence in Thornton being the 3rd tall than Bower. Also Thornton can go forward too. We should have enough forward marking power without him anyway With Hampson Waite and Walker up there.

how many points did Jones score?

Points can be easily turned into goals if the player is having a good day. Bower was comprehensively beaten & just lacks the ability to put a bit of body on and affect the spoil. He just seems lost with ball in hand @ times, does not seem to back his foot skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bower shouldn't have even been playing on the big lads, it's just a fact that we don't have any enormous defenders that are capable of stopping the big lads, barring maybe Jamison.
Thornton and Henderson were beaten just as well as Bower was. Saying Bower doesn't back his kicking is a bit odd too, considering how often he is willing to run onto his left... :confused:

Points can be easily turned into goals if the player is having a good day. Bower was comprehensively beaten & just lacks the ability to put a bit of body on and affect the spoil. He just seems lost with ball in hand @ times, does not seem to back his foot skills.

However, if Bower's direct opponent failed to score then you could attribute that to Bowers work? yes?

I don't think you could attribute that to Bowers work, as he was beaten in almost every marking contest. Yes Jones had about 6cms on bower, but Bower could not keep up with him on the lead also. He is willing to take on a game, however he then does a U-Turn or runs sideways and sky's the ball. Definitely not in the best 22 @ this stage.

Watched Bower closely at the game on Sunday and when the ball was in flight, he was content to wait behind his opponent and then attempt to spoil from the back rather than either getting in front or alongside. He had plenty of time to react, but seemed to want to play from behind. He ended up getting beaten pretty much every time he took that approach.

Relatively good news re: Laid's knee. If he's back by Round 4-ish we'll have a good indication of where our defensive frailties are and where he can add value most. Dude can play many different roles and a very efficient and composed footballer.

I don't think you could attribute that to Bowers work, as he was beaten in almost every marking contest. Yes Jones had about 6cms on bower, but Bower could not keep up with him on the lead also. He is willing to take on a game, however he then does a U-Turn or runs sideways and sky's the ball. Definitely not in the best 22 @ this stage.

So if Bower's Direct opponent scored nothing, who gets the credit for blocking him out?

A part of me thinks Gibbs going back is the answer in the early season. Plays the role well and might give him something to focus on in the preseason.

Waits for the "It's only the NAB Cup crew" to defend his lacklustre form
275318-michael-malthouse.jpg

blooody hell.

give the guy a break. hes missed alot of footy, he just needs to get back into the swing of things.

he provides good dash out of defense and i actually think he will step right in and take Laidlers spot by rnd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back