Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute spud, will always live in the shadow of Paul Curtis. Paul Curtis not being awarded the North Melbourne 2022 best first year player is the most disgusting thing to happen in history. The incredibly humble, gracious lord Sir Curtis still kept in good relations with that glorified naked mole rat

IMG_2122.png IMG_2123.png IMG_2124.png

That’s the AFL app if you scroll through it. Lots of Harley Reid from top to bottom. I like that fans across the country wanna celebrate the good things he does on the field. And as they should….he’s a star already and a class act.

Where’s the other guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1994570
View attachment 1994571View attachment 1994572

That’s the AFL app if you scroll through it. Lots of Harley Reid from top to bottom. I like that fans across the country wanna celebrate the good things he does on the field. And as they should….he’s a star already and a class act.

Where’s the other guy?
The best bit on that page is the Sonny Morey story …. Non SA fans should have a read as Sonny is one of those players that is the essence of SANFL history.

Reid’s a big news story for the AFL, it’s expected that they’ll ride the wave.
Didn't the other guy have a good game today too?

Maybe.....the AFL website like a lot of big sites that get a lot of traffic have ads through out it and because of that...they'll only show content that people wanna watch or and click on.

It's something I've noticed this year. Harley's everywhere, people love Harley......particularly on that site and yet I rarely see the other guy :think: Even when he plays well.

I wonder why that is???

Maybe.....the AFL website like a lot of big sites that get a lot of traffic have ads through out it and because of that...they'll only show content that people wanna watch or and click on.

It's something I've noticed this year. Harley's everywhere, people love Harley......particularly on that site and yet I rarely see the other guy :think: Even when he plays well.

I wonder why that is???
Really, you do need to get over Jason leaving North Melbourne, if he triggers you so much that you refer to him as “the other guy” then do yourself a favour and start by avoiding the threads with Jason’s name on it.

I wonder why that is???

Reid is the best thing that has happened to WCE in a long long time. We have plenty of other stars like Butters who played out of his skin in the final quarter. It's an unfair comparison, both are and will be brownlow winners. Fwiw, JHF had 27 disposals and 2 goals to Reid's 21 and 2. The difference was WCE were dominant while Port were **** for vast majority of the game. A consistent 4 quarter effort for a 20 year old. Tracking ahead of Dangerfield and Petracca by a long way.

Who cares what the AFL website has to say? remember Sam Walsh? people were wanking off to him in the first year, and he pretty much hit his ceiling. JHF's best is yet to come and he is still nowhere near it.

Really, you do need to get over Jason leaving North Melbourne, if he triggers you so much that you refer to him as “the other guy” then do yourself a favour and start by avoiding the threads with Jason’s name on it.
Gospel and accountability are important.

Don't think 'triggers' applies to me.

You must have had a nap when they won the Premiership.
6 years is a long time and they have been competing with your mob for the worst team in the past couple of years, while beating your mob to the spoon last year. They barely had a positive in the last 2 years. Reid is the only positive in their side. JHF is a star but we have plenty others as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wardlaw and McKercher are the North versions of JHF and Reid.

Sure they will end up very, very solid players.

But imagine how unstoppable that North midfield would be if JHF and Reid were powering out of it.

Most clubs recruit one of these sorts of players in a 20 year span. North should have had two in two years.

Wardlaw and McKercher are the North versions of JHF and Reid.

Sure they will end up very, very solid players.

But imagine how unstoppable that North midfield would be if JHF and Reid were powering out of it.

Most clubs recruit one of these sorts of players in a 20 year span. North should have had two in two years.
Both wouldn’t be the players they are now if they went to North. JHF would probably be carrying the injury the north couldn’t diagnose in his first year.

Unfortunately north really can’t develop players (I’m not trying to dig), I mean look at LDU, has all the talent in the world yet just an average player

Both wouldn’t be the players they are now if they went to North. JHF would probably be carrying the injury the north couldn’t diagnose in his first year.

Unfortunately north really can’t develop players (I’m not trying to dig), I mean look at LDU, has all the talent in the world yet just an average player
Hmm perhaps. But that’s the fault of the Prez and CEO who can’t resource the football department accordingly.

All clubs have what ifs but when you look at Norths draft hand I find it hard for them to be given any more…

They should have a forward line of Larkey, MacDonald and Sheezel.

Being fed by a midfield group of Reid, JHF, LDU and McKercher.

Now that’s a core to build a side around.

View attachment 1994570
View attachment 1994571View attachment 1994572

Where’s the other guy?

Funny you say that, let’s look at some key differences between Reid and JHF.

1. Reid has gone to a well resourced club with 40,000 attendances on a consistent basis. North have some of the worst facilities and are lucky to get more than 25,000 at games by themselves.

2. When Harley needed a rest, West Coast did it without any fuss. They also backed him in the media. From how Port have managed JHF and his injuries it certainly seems like North didn’t have much clue.

3. When Harley can’t run out games or maintain his explosiveness for long periods the media rightfully acknowledges that he’s a first year player who is developing his tank. When JHF was learning how to be an AFL footballer North decided to publicly shame him for not meeting standards.

Maybe look in the mirror about how your club could have handled things better instead of continuing this gross personal vendetta against what was at the time a 19 year old. He could have handled things better, but at the end of the day he made what was the right career choice for himself and to still be fixating on it two years later is just bizarre.

Side note, Harley is a product of the big Melbourne private school system. JHF is from a lower socioeconomic part of Adelaide and spent his draft year working in a factory. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the media looks more favourably on the former.

1. Reid has gone to a well resourced club with 40,000 attendances on a consistent basis. North have some of the worst facilities and are lucky to get more than 25,000 at games by themselves.

2. When Harley needed a rest, West Coast did it without any fuss. They also backed him in the media. From how Port have managed JHF and his injuries it certainly seems like North didn’t have much clue.

3. When Harley can’t run out games or maintain his explosiveness for long periods the media rightfully acknowledges that he’s a first year player who is developing his tank. When JHF was learning how to be an AFL footballer North decided to publicly shame him for not meeting standards.

Maybe look in the mirror about how your club could have handled things better instead of continuing this gross personal vendetta against what was at the time a 19 year old. He could have handled things better, but at the end of the day he made what was the right career choice for himself and to still be fixating on it two years later is just bizarre.

Side note, Harley is a product of the big Melbourne private school system. JHF is from a lower socioeconomic part of Adelaide and spent his draft year working in a factory. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the media looks more favourably on the former.

On that last point, it's because he's from Vic.

If he were from another state, he wouldn't have anywhere near the attention he's getting.

Yeah if i was a North fan i would just be wiping my hands clear of JHF and moving on... The guy is special and going to dominate for years to come. I get why they don't like him but death riding him won't end well because he is incredible.

So your rebuttal is based on the other guy’s time at North and that Reid went to a private school and the other guy didn’t???

Oh dear….

Like who ****en cares what type of school they went to. I didn’t even know until I saw your idiotic response.

Comparison is the thief of joy. Harley Reid is a freak so is JHF. 27 disposals and 2 is pretty bloody good. Gonna be hard for North fans to watch Harley and JHF over the years. Both are pretty handy.
And North could had and don’t have both of them

How good is the cherry picking of north’s alleged injury treatment of the other guy’s time at North #icebath yet in recent times we’ve seen blatant disregard for port players re Alir Alir & Rozee.

I guess when either player are concerned enough to leave the club it will make a good talking point in the associated thread/s.

I guess when either player are concerned enough to leave the club it will make a good talking point in the associated thread/s.
Right of course….
Because that’s why he left.

It’s not like he didn’t have no desire in the first place of playing out his first contract. Just…..you know normal kinda thing you get from draftees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back