Autopsy JLT 2 - Melbourne def Carlton by 54

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry i haven't been around, kinda blacked out this weekend :p
Well, allow me to catch you back up ...
UqhNCXg.png

No need to thank me, I was happy to do it.

You know what we should have done? had a triple header. 1:50pm Casey vs Footscray, 4:40pm Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne, 7:30pm AFLW Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne. Opportunity missed. We could have even done it this week with the Northern Blues

You know what we should have done? had a triple header. 1:50pm Casey vs Footscray, 4:40pm Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne, 7:30pm AFLW Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne. Opportunity missed. We could have even done it this week with the Northern Blues
Really good idea but sadly it's the VFL that controls the pre-season

Really good idea but sadly it's the VFL that controls the pre-season
I imagine the AFL could hand them ultimatums as they usually tend too, But if i where the VFL i'd not do it out of spite

I imagine the AFL could hand them ultimatums as they usually tend too, But if i where the VFL i'd not do it out of spite
well you gotta think about it this way, clubs would be playing part time football players depending on the other team's injury and then you would likely need to play the development team way before it's schedule games which could hinder a lot of development in the younger kids

Honestly think it's a bit silly that we play Carlton in Casey. The ground barely holds 5k people and I expect a fair turnout from both supporter bases. Might watch from home this week.

Judging by the game on Saturday (pretty much all doggies supporters) I don't expect our delicate supporters to make the trip to Casey. But yes Carlton fans will probably pack the place out.

Judging by the game on Saturday (pretty much all doggies supporters) I don't expect our delicate supporters to make the trip to Casey. But yes Carlton fans will probably pack the place out.
Its a pretty ordinary ground for events. Car park is tiny and public transport is s**t.

Its a pretty ordinary ground for events. Car park is tiny and public transport is s**t.

Youre not wrong! I just rock up early haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's like 115 car parks in the joint. Car parking shouldn't be an issue

VFL don't have a Praccy until later in March. Would be stupid to force them to run one way earlier just to get a triple header

Development play next week but that's against an nt rep side and was the only time they could. As far as I know casey don't have a game until the 10th?

There's like 115 car parks in the joint. Car parking shouldn't be an issue

VFL don't have a Praccy until later in March. Would be stupid to force them to run one way earlier just to get a triple header

Development play next week but that's against an nt rep side and was the only time they could. As far as I know casey don't have a game until the 10th?

115 car parks with no train station within walking distance? I reckon they're going to really struggle to fit everyone, it'll be well over 5k people down there.

115 car parks with no train station within walking distance? I reckon they're going to really struggle to fit everyone, it'll be well over 5k people down there.
115 car parks. Not spaces. I was being hyperbolic, that they have a shitload of parking areas there. I've never seen all the car parks full

115 car parks. Not spaces. I was being hyperbolic, that they have a shitload of parking areas there. I've never seen all the car parks full

My bad friend. Hopefully its a pro Melbourne crowd, I understand why we do the expansion stuff down in Casey but think it'll be at least another 10 years + some successful seasons for us to have an impact down there.

My bad friend. Hopefully its a pro Melbourne crowd, I understand why we do the expansion stuff down in Casey but think it'll be at least another 10 years + some successful seasons for us to have an impact down there.
I don't think it'll be a huge crowd either way, but you see a fair few Dee's fans down at casey games (frustratingly they only care about the dees players though). I should be there

I don't think it'll be a huge crowd either way, but you see a fair few Dee's fans down at casey games (frustratingly they only care about the dees players though). I should be there

True that... I watched a few Casey games last year and found myself enjoying tim smith more than most Dees players haha... but now hes a Dees player sooo

I'm going to give it a miss and watch on tv. I have been previous years and yeah parking is a bugger. They had people directing traffic on the way in and it was everyone for themselves after the game. Your also lucky if you don't get stuck in a ditch while getting out!
I'm thinking also that it'll be packed out especially with AFLW on first.

True that... I watched a few Casey games last year and found myself enjoying tim smith more than most Dees players haha... but now hes a Dees player sooo
The ones that annoy me most are the cheer squad. Even before we were the demons, they would just bring red and blue pom poms and sit behind the goals, and cheer for the melbourne players. The scorps weren't just read and blue, and weren't called the Demons. Idiots

5000 / 115 = 43.5 people per car.

When is this game? I'm going to set up a chair at the car park and watch the midget clowns piling into and out of cars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back