Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Match Information

• Venue: Princes Park (Ikon Park)
  • Time: 2.05pm
  • Entry: Free for members of competing clubs
  • Broadcast: Foxfooty
  • Weather: Humid. Patchy morning fog or cloud clearing to a mostly sunny day. Max 28
Teams

CARLTON
7. Dylan Buckley, 9. Patrick Cripps, 10. Harry McKay, 11. Sam Kerridge, 12. Blaine Boekhorst, 13. Jed Lamb, 14. Liam Jones, 16. Billie Smedts, 17. Sam Rowe, 18. Kristian Jaksch, 19. Liam Sumner, 20. Lachie Plowman, 22. Caleb Marchbank, 23. Jacob Weitering, 24. Rhys Palmer, 25. Zac Fisher, 26. Harrison Macreadie, 27. Dennis Armfield, 28. David Cuningham, 29. Cameron Polson, 30. Charlie Curnow, 31. Tom Williamson, 32. Nick Graham, 33. Jarrod Pickett, 35. Ed Curnow, 39. Dale Thomas, 42. Kym LeBois, 43. Simon White, 48. Matthew Korcheck

Notable absentees: Jack Silvagni, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Kade Simpson, Matthew Kreuzer, Sam Docherty

ST KILDA

2. Jake Carlisle, 3. Jack Steven, 4. Jade Gresham, 5. Shane Savage, 6. Seb Ross, 7. Luke Dunstan, 8. Blake Acres, 9. Jack Steele, 13. Jack Lonie, 15. Jack Billings, 16. Jack Newnes, 18. Billy Longer, 20. David Armitage, 21. Ben Long, 22. Nathan Brown, 24. Sean Dempster, 25. Koby Stevens, 26. Josh Battle, 27. Josh Bruce, 28. Tim Membrey, 29. Jimmy Webster, 32. Paddy McCartin, 33. Nick O’Kearney, 34. Nathan Wright, 35. Jack Sinclair, 36. Daniel McKenzie, 37. Bailey Rice, 41. Darren Minchington, 43. Rowan Marshall

Notable absentees: Leigh Montagna, Tom Hickey, Mav Weller, Sam Gilbert, Dylan Roberton, Jarryn Geary, Nick Riewoldt

Good to see Cripps back, other than that the Carlton squad looks pretty thin. Missing 3 out of their 4 best players hurts.

Good to see Cripps back, other than that the Carlton squad looks pretty thin. Missing 3 out of their 4 best players hurts.
Wouldn't it be 4 of their best 5, at least? Gibbs, Murphy, Docherty and Simpson look to be a clear level or two above the next best after Cripps in that squad.

Anyway, with both teams going younger this week it will be good to see some fresh faces and to see how they go.

Hoping to see Battle and Long for us and maybe Rice and looking forward to seeing Pickett and Marchbank for the Giants. I mean Blues.

Last edited:

Wouldn't it be 4 of their best 5, at least? Gibbs, Murphy, Docherty and Simpson look to be a clear level or two above the next best after Cripps in that squad.

Anyway, with both teams going younger this week it will be good to see some fresh faces and to see how they go.

Hoping to see Battle and Long for us and maybe Rice and looking forward to seeing Pickett and Marchbank for the Giants. I mean Blues.
Who did Bruce and Steele used to play for??

Correct.

I just think the outs hurt Carlton a lot more. Carlton's current depth is miles behind St Kilda. I would consider it to be impressive if they are competitive.

Correct.

I just think the outs hurt Carlton a lot more. Carlton's current depth is miles behind St Kilda. I would consider it to be impressive if they are competitive.
Yeah, agree with all that. No offence to them but the squad they have for today would have to be one of the weakest and in particular least experienced you'd ever see an AFL team put out for a game of any kind.

I haven't seen our final squad, but I would actually prefer if we left out Armitage and Dempster, to give a couple more young ones a crack.

No need for us to go with what is basically our full strength midfield against Cripps (who I doubt will play the whole game) and um, I'm not even sure who is next in there after him today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back