JLT 2017 - Wk1 - Collingwood v Essendon, Etihad, 7.40pm, Foxfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be a clash between two sides that are absolutely no threat to win the 2017 flag. GWS, Sydney, Bulldogs are so much better than them, it is a joke!

This will be a clash between two sides that are absolutely no threat to win the 2017 flag. GWS, Sydney, Bulldogs are so much better than them, it is a joke!
One game into a bullshit comp and this flog calling it already. It's amazing how in the know you get when you win a flag every 60 years.

Collingwood VFL side did well tonight.

Did anyone watch Daicos closely in the last? Set up 2-3 and was involved in a couple others. Not a bad quarter for a kid playing against men for the first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the only logical choice is to just have a 3 team Comp this year.
Yes I agree, but we will go through the motions. It is just my opinion, but I think this will be the most lopsided year in the history of the game. Of course, fans from every side can still have hope and dream of bigger things and I hope for them they do well in 2018, but surely realists will not expect to beat the reigning premiers or GWS, when they have the best list of players aged 20-24 that has ever been assembled in over 120 years.

Wouldn't get so cocky Bulldogs are the hunted now can easily see them do Hawthorn 09
Im not cocky buddy. But the Bulldogs players aged 20-24 in 2016, are streets ahead of Hawthorn 2009. Im happy with my flag though but I think the Dogs will lift this year to another level. It is just common sense that players like Bont, Libba, Hunter, Macrae, Daniel, Dalhauus, Stringer, T.Boyd, Johannasen (the list just goes on and on) will get better if their hunger is there. It will take a miracle for another side to stop them.

Yep, call the whole season off and give the Dogs the flag
Im not saying that mate, I am fascinated to see how the Dons respond to all their challenges because their young talent is on the cusp of something special. Just my opinion, but the Dogs and GWS are far more advanced than the Bombers and more talented in 2017. Of course, the Bombers will challenge them in the future and maybe be heir equal, but I just cant see them doing it this year. Good luck to the Dons,I respect their fans for standing by them, and Im sure another flag is within reach with their array of young talent!

Im not cocky buddy. But the Bulldogs players aged 20-24 in 2016, are streets ahead of Hawthorn 2009. Im happy with my flag though but I think the Dogs will lift this year to another level. It is just common sense that players like Bont, Libba, Hunter, Macrae, Daniel, Dalhauus, Stringer, T.Boyd, Johannasen (the list just goes on and on) will get better if their hunger is there. It will take a miracle for another side to stop them.
And we had a great bunch of kids in 93 and didn't go on with it and plenty of other sides have been in the same boat. A flag is never a certainty and for one reason or another plenty are unable to back it up

Im not saying that mate, I am fascinated to see how the Dons respond to all their challenges because their young talent is on the cusp of something special. Just my opinion, but the Dogs and GWS are far more advanced than the Bombers and more talented in 2017. Of course, the Bombers will challenge them in the future and maybe be heir equal, but I just cant see them doing it this year. Good luck to the Dons,I respect their fans for standing by them, and Im sure another flag is within reach with their array of young talent!
Blind Freddy can see that we are nowhere near the Dogs or GWS and I don't know any Essendon supporters who think we are a legitimate chance this year or even the next couple of years. Reckon even the most one eyed Bomber supporters have us in the 7th-12th bracket at best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back