JLT 2017 - WK1 - W.Bulldogs v Melbourne, Whitten Oval, 4.40pm, Foxfooty, AFL Live App

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion, both Jordan Lewis and Cloke are going to have pretty good years if they stay fit and I think their old teams are going to have some serious egg on their face as a result.

Was an interesting game, think both teams can take fair bit out of that one. What I've noticed in this game as well as the other pre-season games, is that we're seeing a lot of players rotating through the midfield particularly on the inside. For the Bulldogs, the likes of Webb, Stringer and Daniel spent quite bit of time in there and also Salem for us. It's always important to have players that can rotate through the midfield effectively but those players I've mentioned spent a lot more time through there then I would have thought. I wonder if that's going to happen this season when we see more players rotating through the midfield than ever before even though it's not their natural position.

Good quality game regarding a/ the conditions & b/ both teams first real hit out of the season ... both teams should be relatively happy with the outcome, both look to have a fair bit of improvement still to come.

Was an interesting game, think both teams can take fair bit out of that one. What I've noticed in this game as well as the other pre-season games, is that we're seeing a lot of players rotating through the midfield particularly on the inside. For the Bulldogs, the likes of Webb, Stringer and Daniel spent quite bit of time in there and also Salem for us. It's always important to have players that can rotate through the midfield effectively but those players I've mentioned spent a lot more time through there then I would have thought. I wonder if that's going to happen this season when we see more players rotating through the midfield than ever before even though it's not their natural position.

For us that was more a result of not having Bontempelli, Clay Smith and Picken playing, who usually rotate through the middle. But we might see Stringer playing more midfield now that Crameri and Cloke are in the team.

But I definitely think most teams will be rotating a lot more players through the midfield this year.

For us that was more a result of not having Bontempelli, Clay Smith and Picken playing, who usually rotate through the middle. But we might see Stringer playing more midfield now that Crameri and Cloke are in the team.

But I definitely think most teams will be rotating a lot more players through the midfield this year.
Yeah that's true in regards to these three you've mentioned who didn't play. I think we've been hearing a lot this pre-season about team's trying to increase their flexibility especially in the midfield and I get the feeling we are going to have a lot more players rotating in the midfield than in previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back