Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

It feels like you're leaning over the edge, and want to see if we'll push you.

Not this time, but - knowing you - there'll be a next time.
I just posted a Joe Rogan video in a thread where we guess if stories are real or not. It was a standard post for that thread.

Last edited:
I couldn't stand him at first but some of his conspiracy stuff is truly hilarious. North Korea isnt real, satellites are fake, obviously flat earth. Just wild s**t, i have no idea what he gains by believing it but its funny

People say weed has no side effects but he sure isnt the poster child for this theory. Fried
Yeah I've noticed the weed/acid/shroom crowd tend to be tin foil hatters.

He's getting closer to the bottom of the barrel now. Talking about a subject like that and trying to pretend to your audience it's real is desperation for downloads/clicks

the point is 'don't relate unsubstantiated, outrageous rumors....especially on a platform consumed by millions, many of whom believe anything uncritically....even more in a tense political climate'.

Does nearly FA help to correct it much later, in a half-assed way.

God I thought you meant Dave Rubin for a second there.

Ben and Dave - thought you were completely lost to the RWNJ rabbit hole :D

Just had to google Dave Rubin, seems like a good bloke! Who is Ben?

The Rick version of the pod was very entertaining btw, interesting bloke in how he produced so many different types of music, he's not musical at all so he says.

Who is Ben?
Ben Shapiro GIF by GIPHY News

I just finished one of his Pods (Demetrious Johnson) and was scrolling through and found he did one with Tulsi Gabbard recently. About halfway through, they get into the transgender discussion and safe to say it would piss a lot of people in the thread on here off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just finished one of his Pods (Demetrious Johnson) and was scrolling through and found he did one with Tulsi Gabbard recently. About halfway through, they get into the transgender discussion and safe to say it would piss a lot of people in the thread on here off!
Here’s the thing…

You’ve got issues like inflation, crime, fuel prices, abortion, trickle down economics, unionisation, healthcare, education, transport, climate change, wages, and police brutality, and all this campaigner can talk about is trans people?

I mean I know he talks about other stuff but he gives WAY too much focus on an issue that pales in comparison to what impacts the MAJORITY of Americans lives.

There’s not going to be a huge percentage of the population who’ll suddenly transition or millions of kids having hormone whatever the *s forced on them or anything like that so who gives a s**t?

Rogan is a moron.

Here’s the thing…

You’ve got issues like inflation, crime, fuel prices, abortion, trickle down economics, unionisation, healthcare, education, transport, climate change, wages, and police brutality, and all this campaigner can talk about is trans people?

I mean I know he talks about other stuff but he gives WAY too much focus on an issue that pales in comparison to what impacts the MAJORITY of Americans lives.

There’s not going to be a huge percentage of the population who’ll suddenly transition or millions of kids having hormone whatever the *s forced on them or anything like that so who gives a s**t?

Rogan is a moron.

I don't know man, if you're game maybe give it a listen.

I think generally speaking the whole "why do you care" argument doesn't hold much water, it's a lazy rebuttal to what someone may think is a genuine injustice. I mean what if you said something like that about the Ukraine war "why do you care, it's over there, it doesn't affect you" blah blah blah I'm sure most would take a dim view of that.

Rogan said he has a teacher friend who has a (primary school aged) student who identifies as a "furry", I think this means they identify as an animal. So at the insistence of the parent the school have had to put a kitty litter tray in the closet of the classroom so the student may go to the bathroom.

Of course you can say "why do you care" to this I suppose, but equally I can still think it's ridiculous, would be funny if it's not true.

I don't know man, if you're game maybe give it a listen.

I think generally speaking the whole "why do you care" argument doesn't hold much water, it's a lazy rebuttal to what someone may think is a genuine injustice. I mean what if you said something like that about the Ukraine war "why do you care, it's over there, it doesn't affect you" blah blah blah I'm sure most would take a dim view of that.

Rogan said he has a teacher friend who has a (primary school aged) student who identifies as a "furry", I think this means they identify as an animal. So at the insistence of the parent the school have had to put a kitty litter tray in the closet of the classroom so the student may go to the bathroom.

Of course you can say "why do you care" to this I suppose, but equally I can still think it's ridiculous, would be funny if it's not true.
To which I would reply, "Bullshit."

This thread was once called, "Joe Rogan gets tricked by fake news in real time". He has been tricked before, and he will be tricked again; that he was tricked is not his fault - he is human - but the problem is that he goes to air with these absurd things without factchecking them. If he can demonstrate there's a primary school with a kitty litter tray because a child below the age of 12 has identified as a cat in America which has a teacher who just so happens to be mates with Joe Rogan, I'll eat my hat.

Honestly, why do you humour this absurdity, Interloper? Is it just the parasocial nature of the interviews, how he seems to be kind of cool and kind of intellectual but not in an aggressive way?

Already seen the excerpts on the LefTube. She's a grub.

To which I would reply, "Bullshit."

This thread was once called, "Joe Rogan gets tricked by fake news in real time". He has been tricked before, and he will be tricked again; that he was tricked is not his fault - he is human - but the problem is that he goes to air with these absurd things without factchecking them. If he can demonstrate there's a primary school with a kitty litter tray because a child below the age of 12 has identified as a cat in America which has a teacher who just so happens to be mates with Joe Rogan, I'll eat my hat.

Honestly, why do you humour this absurdity, Interloper? Is it just the parasocial nature of the interviews, how he seems to be kind of cool and kind of intellectual but not in an aggressive way?

Honestly I approach listening to Rogan as like meeting someone at a social function. I don't see him as a journalist or a truth teller, he's just a bloke who talks s**t basically and I take it with a grain of salt. He does make some attempt to check facts through his producer but not always, he's usually happy to just let the conversation happen.

I know this is no good for some people and I get it, I just don't agree. I've been through this argument in this thread a fair bit so I'm sure a few know my views.

For background I also listen to Sam Newman's pod, he really does talk a lot of bullshit but I do enjoy at least that it's unfiltered, something to be said for that these days I reckon. I also listen to a few feminist podcasts too (mainly on business and sport), I don't agree with some views but I reckon it's important to know what people think who don't agree with me. Particularly since I work in tech, certainly an industry where you need to be aware of diversity issues and the like.

Im

Hang on a sec. This story has gone around and was bullshit. I didn’t know the extra lie of Rogan knowing the teacher has been drizzled on top.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hang on a sec. This story has gone around and was bullshit. I didn’t know the extra lie of Rogan knowing the teacher has been drizzled on top.

I just googled and found an article from two days ago that he said it was bullshit. Well there ya go, fair cop. Admittedly the Gabbard pod is from a month ago, I had heard something about kitty litter and Rogan but never knew what the hell it was about.

You know RM is your more favouriter than Joegan:

Geez that guy is annoying! I mean the purple glasses for starters, stupid laughs and annoying commentary, that was a painful watch!

Amusing at times, some funny editing etc. I guess this guy is rapt Rogan wasn't given the arse by Spotify, I'm sure he gets plenty of content out of his pods.

It was run in Australia as being about a private school somewhere over here.

It's stupid, possibly arose from some primary school students indulging in some fad and acting like cats one lunch time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back