Mar 2, 2009
East of Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Desire
From Twitter...

Patrick Keane ‏ @AFL_PKeane
AFL has announced the appointment of Joel Bowden as Game Analysis Manager, replacing Andrew McKay who joined Carlton as its head of football

Bowden's role is a key link between the AFL and clubs on Laws of the Game, Tribunal and other football department issues.

Bowden played 265 senior games, winning two B and Fs with the Tigers, was twice All Australian and also served as AFLPA president.

At last they'll be getting rid of the stupid rushed behind free-kick rule :p

Hopefully he returns to the club in a role similar to Gale. Though some may have criticized off field, he was always very impressive off the field. Terry often made him the lamb to the slaughter in some of our darker days when the press were all over us. Always kept his head and act professional.

Great news for Joel. To me he always came across as smarter than the average footballer, and I thought he would have made a quite insightful commentator.

Bowden is one of those blokes, if they played in more successful teams, he would be remembered very differently. Very skilled player who was a bloody decent footballer. Possibly the smallest CHB we had for decades, yet somehow made it as an AA against blokes like J Brown and co. But yeah, he was soft and couldn't play.

Bowden is one of those blokes, if they played in more successful teams, he would be remembered very differently. Very skilled player who was a bloody decent footballer. Possibly the smallest CHB we had for decades, yet somehow made it as an AA against blokes like J Brown and co. But yeah, he was soft and couldn't play.

What quite sure how else he could be remembered. Highly skilled, courageous player, 14 seasons, 250+ games (9TH MOST FOR THE CLUB), 170 + goals, AA X 2, B&F X2, Innovative thinking, great club man, great humanitarian values, one club player.

Sums him up well i think.

After years of floating around the half backline "observing" from afar i'm sure he has formed many relevant views in improving the game .

Quite the student ;):p

Come on big fella, no fence sitting. I rated him.

Yeah mate ... we had a raft of great footballers who got us to 9th;)

good footballer , but flawed like most of our most recent "champs"

He had a laser right leg. Like i said, in a better team, he would have been rated way higher externally i reckon.
I watched the 95 state of origin a few days back. We had Cambo, Knighter and special K playing for vic, and Bullus and Daffy for SA. People knocked Campbell over his career, but amongst a SOO team that was rated one of the best ever, he was not out of place. Played a handy game for the big v.

He had a laser right leg. Like i said, in a better team, he would have been rated way higher externally i reckon.
I watched the 95 state of origin a few days back. We had Cambo, Knighter and special K playing for vic, and Bullus and Daffy for SA. People knocked Campbell over his career, but amongst a SOO team that was rated one of the best ever, he was not out of place. Played a handy game for the big v.

Oft overlooked that Bulluss represented SA on the back of his 95/96 ...

I dont buy this "would have been great in a better side" carp ... i say he wouldnt have got a game in the better sides for being one dimensional .... maybe :p

Who knows .

I dont buy this "would have been great in a better side" carp ... i say he wouldnt have got a game in the better sides for being one dimensional .... maybe :p

Who knows .

He was one sided, but a very intelligent footballer. Had a bit of sniper in him too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We talking about the same Bowden here...:confused::p...

Who knows .

Rubbish!!!!

He was a 2x AA. I can understand if he was just a B&F winner that he could have been a good player in a s**t side but to get 2 AA's shows he was gun player and would have walked into any other team any time of the day. People keep going on about the role he played...FFS, do you not think the coach told him to play that way cause of his skills and reading of the game.

Very good player and an excellent Richmond man.

To say he's an intelligent man without really knowing him proves your all idiots.
LMAO.

What a pack of ars lickers.

"Oooh,i hope he comes back to the club"

again=LMAO- Is he Jesus-like and will he provide some administrative miracle to save the club from loserdom,when after all,he's one of the reasons we're still there.

Good read Big Footy-for a laugh.:D

To say he's an intelligent man without really knowing him proves your all idiots.
LMAO.

What a pack of ars lickers.

"Oooh,i hope he comes back to the club"

again=LMAO- Is he Jesus-like and will he provide some administrative miracle to save the club from loserdom,when after all,he's one of the reasons we're still there.

Good read Big Footy-for a laugh.:D

So enlighten us Jesus......

LMAO.

To say the above without really knowing any of the posters and whether or not they do actually know Joel proves you to be what exactly?

FYI - Grammar is the difference between know your sh!t and knowing YOU'RE sh!t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back