Scandal John Barnes launching concussion class action

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are you such a simpleton?

He had the choice to play badminton or tennis or curling or even basketball, the bloke is a flog. He deserves nothing and I hope Gil and his cronies stick a big finger up at them and offer them $500 and a free Tracksuit.

You act like AFL is mandatory, you choose to play, when you play you acknowledge the inherent risks and you take it like a man if you get hurt.

He didn’t mind the freebies and the above average salaries and the roots and the drink cards and all the opportunities that come with being a a good footballer- but now when he has to work full time like every other bloke he can’t be stuffed and or doesn’t have the skills and is now crying that the doctor he begged to go back on the ground and the club that gave him said opportunities is now to blame for his lack of quality of life.

Spare me the sanctimonious crap.
[/QUOTE]
Really poor trolling. Try to make it believable.
AFL are still responsibly for player welfare regardless if he chose footy over badminton .
Workplace health and safety is mandatory , you chose to play the AFL ARE responsible. If the AFL dont want to be responsible they should not run a workplace where footy is the game.
They club doctor is responsible if he allows a player to the field against best medical advice. That makes the club responsible.
His salary , roots ands drink cards still dont negate the AFL s workplace responsibility. You got anything else???
End of story.

You sound rather jealous that this guy had something you were never good enough to have and are now angry that he is claiming his worpkplce rights.
Didsh washing not getting you enough money????

Spare me the cowardly trolling. Get a life!!!

AFL are still responsibly for player welfare regardless if he chose footy over badminton .
Workplace health and safety is mandatory , you chose to play the AFL ARE responsible. If the AFL dont want to be responsible they should not run a workplace where footy is the game.
They club doctor is responsible if he allows a player to the field against best medical advice. That makes the club responsible.
His salary , roots ands drink cards still dont negate the AFL s workplace responsibility. You got anything else???
End of story.

You sound rather jealous that this guy had something you were never good enough to have and are now angry that he is claiming his worpkplce rights.

[/QUOTE]

I’m not jealous of anything mate, I just don’t want these dickheads to put the game as we know it at risk.

I don’t think you realise what’s at stake.

End of story.

I’m not jealous of anything mate, I just don’t want these dickheads to put the game as we know it at risk.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, peoples health and you seem not to care you apathetic tosser.

Yeah, peoples health and you seem not to care you apathetic tosser.
[/QUOTE]

I genuinely don’t care about their health and lack empathy.

I accept that.

On topic, this case will be very interesting - the concussion issue is the biggest thing facing the AFL.

That said, the progress of someone like Leigh Adams is interesting - he had to retire due to concussions, was in a really seriously bad way healthwise, but has recovered and is now back in footy full time as a coach, at an age when he could still well be playing.

If it was anyone other than John Barnes I would feel some sympathy towards them.

But this guy is an a grade dickhead who didn't mind bullshiting his way through some local clubs with fake promises and pocketing easy cash

If it was anyone other than John Barnes I would feel some sympathy towards them.

But this guy is an a grade dickhead who didn't mind bullshiting his way through some local clubs with fake promises and pocketing easy cash
Not true. You sound like the dickhead.

Not true. You sound like the dickhead.
yes 100% true

I may still be a dickhead though tuff boi

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which clubs and easy money pocket cash as you say weak boi?
the one where he got the ass after about 6 weeks for start

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I spent years getting blind drunk, binge drinking on weekends, I'm now in my 50s and my brain hasn't turned to mush. I played footy for 20 years, had plenty of injuries but was never concussed. I wonder what the difference is between the two of us?

Is it accurate to describe as him having mental health problems as in the current mental health issues that we see discussed daily or more an acquired brain injury such as someone who has been involved in some sort of collision type accident that suffers a head / brain trauma?

Yes, so many homeless people are ex footballers who suffered concussions, not mental illness due to drug and alcohol abuse.

George Burns smoked every day and lived to 100, therefore tobacco isnt dangerous.

Or, its just one example and not evidence of anything.

Yes, so many homeless people are ex footballers who suffered concussions, not mental illness due to drug and alcohol abuse.

George Burns smoked every day and lived to 100, therefore tobacco isnt dangerous.

Or, its just one example and not evidence of anything.

But did he inhale.

You telling me he wouldn't have played the 95 grand final after being concussed in the prelim final if he knew he may suffer symptoms later in life?
I reckon Barnes would not have if he knew the shellacking they were going to cop that day.
Or just suck it up and accept that you decided to play a rough sport and knew you could get injured. No-one is forced to play, everyone chooses to play
61460B99-FDF4-4C47-BE31-7EC0625110CE.jpeg
God, with the PC, snowflake world we live in now, this could open a major can of worms. Touch footy coming up
Gridiron shoulder padding and helmets to be introduced by 2030.

While it is fair enough to start a conversation on the long term effects of concussion, unless it can be proven that the AFL had received research and did nothing than it's not really comparable to the NFL.

I don’t want to see American football gear, but should players be made to wear those Caleb Daniel helmets after a certain number of concussions? It’s crazy that Selwood doesn’t wear one
He doesn’t wear one because they don’t do anything to stop/combat concussion. On a basic level, concussion occurs when the brain bashes against the inside of the skull, a helmet doesn’t stop this.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back