Toast John Nicholls Medal 2020 - Congrats Jacob Weitering!

Remove this Banner Ad

who am I, get it done guy?

Apparently someone needs to be, otherwise the earth will tilt a further 2.5 degrees on its axis and will cause a mass extinction event due to CFC stuffing up the B&F .....

Just saying mate, priorities ;)

'Backfired' seems like a pretty accurate summary to me.

The club tried for a better outcome (an in-person event). Not only did that fail, they've ended up with a worse outcome because of it (even more delays). Pretty much the dictionary definition of a backfire.

Obviously it's not the biggest issue in the world, we all understand the reasons for it, nobody wants to sack the pres or whatever. But yeah, it backfired.

Just seemed like an unnecessary roll.
Maybe we can hold the B&F while Richmond are unfurling their flag(s).

But this would make it all worthwhile.

Here you go ...

Coverage will begin at approximately 4pm AEDT (Club’s social channels) with the winner to be crowned in the early evening.

CARLTON has received clearance to host the 2020 John Nicholls Medal tomorrow night.
Following the announcement made by the Victorian Department of Health yesterday, the Blues’ club champion for the 2020 season will be announced tomorrow night.

However, due to the recent situation regarding COVID-19 in Victoria, the event will be held with just players and football department staff in attendance to continue to protect the health and safety of everyone involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here you go ...

Coverage will begin at approximately 4pm AEDT (Club’s social channels) with the winner to be crowned in the early evening.

Do we know if there will be a live-stream? It's says they'll provide rolling updates, but I don't see why there can't be a video feed too.

One of the categories on the night is the 'Best Young Player', which should go to Matty Cottrell.....not sure if there's anyone else to challenge for the award.

If nothing else, it would be a great achievement of hard work and persistence. He was of course overlooked in both the ND and Rookie Draft before given a 'last chance' lifeline as a SSP rookie, and has been rewarded with a new contract at the club for the 3rd year.

I'd be rapt if he won it :thumbsu:

One of the categories on the night is the 'Best Young Player', which should go to Matty Cottrell.....not sure if there's anyone else to challenge for the award.

If nothing else, it would be a great achievement of hard work and persistence. He was of course overlooked in both the ND and Rookie Draft before given a 'last chance' lifeline as a SSP rookie, and has been rewarded with a new contract at the club for the 3rd year.

De Koning get my tick for that gong (if he is eligible)

Don't get me wrong, Cotto has been outstanding, especially as you say, given all the hard yards and put in to get on an AFL list, but TDK and his breakout season in 2020 is just too good to ignore, in my opinion.

De Koning get my tick for that gong (if he is eligible)

Don't get me wrong, Cotto has been outstanding, especially as you say, given all the hard yards and put in to get on an AFL list, but TDK and his breakout season in 2020 is just too good to ignore, in my opinion.
oh, good lord, how did I forget about TDK!?! Yep, he's right up there in contention no doubt if he's eligible.....all will be revealed tonight :thumbsu:

DeKoning would be a big show BH but Cottrell would be a great choice as well, both showed some great signs last season...

There is no send off for Simmo and Tractor. They coach for Carlton.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Posted this elsewhere, and I hope it's okay/appropriate for me to post this here, but if you want to go to a function farewell Simmo, here you go.

I got my tix, I have never actually had the fortune to be to a function like a B and F, so this is going to be a real treat for me.

Simmo, Big Nick, Sticks, Cripps and Murphy in the same room. If only they managed to get Bruce Doull as well, I would feel like I have died and gone to (Blue Heaven)

Anyhow here is my top 5 for The JN medal (in order)

1. Ed Curnow
1. Weitering
3. Cripps
4. Jack Martin
5. Liam Jones

Posted this elsewhere, and I hope it's okay/appropriate for me to post this here, but if you want to go to a function farewell Simmo, here you go.

I got my tix, I have never actually had the fortune to be to a function like a B and F, so this is going to be a real treat for me.

Simmo, Big Nick, Sticks, Cripps and Murphy in the same room. If only they managed to get Bruce Doull as well, I would feel like I have died and gone to (Blue Heaven)

Anyhow here is my top 5 for The JN medal (in order)

1. Ed Curnow
1. Weitering
3. Cripps
4. Jack Martin
5. Liam Jones
Another that has left the plow out. Had a better year than last year when he came third. Coaching panel (as in those that give out the votes) love the work that he does. We shall see.

Another that has left the plow out. Had a better year than last year when he came third. Coaching panel (as in those that give out the votes) love the work that he does. We shall see.

It's sometimes easy to forget how much of an improved and valuable contributor Plowman has become for this footy club, given all the (unfair) sledging he gets online (some from here, but mainly on Facebook)

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Plow has another podium finish :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back