Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

The court case must be pretty serious if nobody is even offering him a contract.
I know he's been out of form for a while but would fit into most teams best 22

The court case must be pretty serious if nobody is even offering him a contract.
I know he's been out of form for a while but would fit into most teams best 22

Not really. The Pies have to finish off the Treloar saga with The Dogs first before they can put JDG to paper.

No way does he leave the Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with De Goey (similar to Stephenson) is that he is the cherry on top player. He will look great at times in a good teams but isn't the type to elevate a middling to bottom team into the 8. The problem with this is that the really good teams can't afford him and the teams that can would not be suited by his skillset. Which of course leaves Collingwood between a rock and a hard place.

The other issue is consistency. You want your top paid players to be at least good in 70%+ of games. He's probably played as many standout games for Collingwood as Daniel Wells. Brilliant on the day, just not often enough.

So we assume JDG and Mihocek have re-signed on the down low.
I was also lead to believe that trades have to be finalised before they go through, so let's not take anything off the table here.

Going by that standard they could have contracts signed with both players with details to be worked out later on years and total value.

Collingwood are getting away with conduct that not a lot of other clubs would be able to, if they were in the same position.

This De Goey contract situation - when paired with the Treloar debacle - would want to be on the up and up and sorted, otherwise 17 other clubs will soon riot - especially clubs like Adelaide, Sydney and Essendon, who have been heavily penalized for breaking rules in the past

I was also lead to believe that trades have to be finalised before they go through, so let's not take anything off the table here.

Going by that standard they could have contracts signed with both players with details to be worked out later on years and total value.

If thats the case Im 100% of the opinion that their TTP is as tight as ever and they still need the Treloar trade finalised before they can work out the dollars for JDG and Mihocek.

No wonder Walsh stepped down. Collingwood seems like a three ringed circus atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back