Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as you guys bang on about Moore, he’s just an average/perhaps slightly above average KPD. DeGoey is elite and has match-winning power that only a few in the comp have.

Guess you have not watched many Collingwood Games. Moore would been All-Australian this year IF he played 20 Games

giphy.gif

I don't think De Goey will win a Brownlow and play on that level that Martin did, but he has a knack for rocking up in the clutch and kicking big goals and providing a real match winning difference. If he can rock up to finals and play to the level Martin has and win a premiership then that's worth more than any Brownlow or AA selection. I agree he does have more of a hunger than Stringer but I'm not sure it's on Martin's level.

I think it will largely come down to how many more minutes he can spend in the midfield. If he can up it to 60/40 in the midfield then I think he could be a top 10 player in the league. If not then he will probably remain what he is with maybe a couple more years of minor improvement.
Judging by the pre-season and round 1, he seems to be spending more time than last year through the middle.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it will largely come down to how many more minutes he can spend in the midfield. If he can up it to 60/40 in the midfield then I think he could be a top 10 player in the league. If not then he will probably remain what he is with maybe a couple more years of minor improvement.
Judging by the pre-season and round 1, he seems to be spending more time than last year through the middle.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

and Makes a Impact as a Inside Mid getting us the 1st use of the Ball

Well yeah. Like I said, you guys overrate him for what ever reason.

I could say People have Overrated De Goey a Bit.

He shown he can be a Match Winner but can go Missing at times

Has any footballer in history not been "overrated" according to all the keyboard warriors. Most overused word in history

Could say the Same about Players being "Underrated"?

Has any footballer in history not been "overrated" according to all the keyboard warriors. Most overused word in history

This is a bizarre overreaction. It’s obviously completely subjective, but there are always gonna be players who we personally believe are rated too highly or too lowly by either the general public, or certain supporters. I believe you overrate Moore if you think he’s a more valuable commodity than DeGoey. Just my opinion.

This is a bizarre overreaction. It’s obviously completely subjective, but there are always gonna be players who we personally believe are rated too highly or too lowly by either the general public, or certain supporters. I believe you overrate Moore if you think he’s a more valuable commodity than DeGoey. Just my opinion.

I am interested in your Opinion you think Moore is Overrated?

Moore would probably be worth more to Collingwood than De Goey due to the fact that of their KPP's that are 25 or under they have a games tally of 73*, 72 of which were Moore's.

*Not including Scharenberg because he isn't really a KPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore would probably be worth more to Collingwood than De Goey due to the fact that of their KPP's that are 25 or under they have a games tally of 73*, 72 of which were Moore's.

*Not including Scharenberg because he isn't really a KPP.

Only 2 I can think of Moore and Kelly as Under 25 KPP we have

Cameron and Lynch.

I would not call Lynch and Cameron a Purer KPP. They are Cross between Ruck and KPP though I guess Moore could also play ruck but would be after those 2

I would not call Lynch and Cameron a Purer KPP. They are Cross between Ruck and KPP though I guess Moore could also play ruck but would be after those 2
Oh you're in the fantasy land where rucks aren't key position, okay.

Oh you're in the fantasy land where rucks aren't key position, okay.
To me and I believe to most, key position refers to key forward, centre half-forward, centre half-back and full back. A ruck is really a midfielder, but of course they do rotate in and out of key positions at times because of their height.

To me and I believe to most, key position refers to key forward, centre half-forward, centre half-back and full back. A ruck is really a midfielder, but of course they do rotate in and out of key positions at times because of their height.
Rucks are definitely KPP's. That's why when people refer to the spine (your typical KPP's) they include the ruck.

Rucks are definitely KPP's. That's why when people refer to the spine (your typical KPP's) they include the ruck.

Do they?

I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

I reckon most people recognise the 'spine' as including FB, CHB, CHF and FF only.

Do they?

I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

I reckon most people recognise the 'spine' as including FB, CHB, CHF and FF only.
I don't think I've ever seen it not be included in the spine until now.

As much as you guys bang on about Moore, he’s just an average/perhaps slightly above average KPD. DeGoey is elite and has match-winning power that only a few in the comp have.

I know it's all subjective and your welcome to your assessments, but this is massively under-selling Darcy Moore IMO.

The traits that he has, proven form and the mix of athleticism, size and footy IQ are an extremely rare commodity. I of course am a massive wrap for Moore and really only see his body as his single obstacle in him becoming a consistent, AA calibre KPD.

I know it's all subjective and your welcome to your assessments, but this is massively under-selling Darcy Moore IMO.

The traits that he has, proven form and the mix of athleticism, size and footy IQ are an extremely rare commodity. I of course am a massive wrap for Moore and really only see his body as his single obstacle in him becoming a consistent, AA calibre KPD.

Fair call. Good post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back