Delisted # 9: Jorja Borg - Not offered a contract for 2023 - 20/3

Remove this Banner Ad

…adding height to Essendon's team, Borg has developed her ruck craft over the past three seasons in Carlton’s VFLW side, with the 23-year-old showing great potential once in an AFLW environment.

Jorja-Borg.JPG

181cm :)

Injury Update: Moved to the inactive list due to a foot injury - 23/8

So it’s a fracture from the praccy, 12 weeks (season done)

Unfortunately, Jorja fractured her foot in the opening quarter of our practice match against Port Adelaide. This is an estimated 12-week injury so we have moved Jorja to our inactive list. Jorja will be in a boot for the next month and we will re-scan before commencing impact training.

Also back running after being ruled out for the season with a broken foot. :)

In excellent news for our rehab group, Georgia Nanscawen, Jorja Borg and Eloise Ashley-Cooper will start running this week following their injuries, with Ashley-Cooper returning via the AlterG machine.

Of all the delistings I'm most surprised by Borg, mainly because the list is already lacking in height
I'm wondering if Brooke Brown might be the back up for Steph Wales in the ruck 🤔 she's billed as a rebound defender but at 184 she's as tall as most rucks. Also Ellyse Gamble back from injury. But yeah, they're not really rucks the way Jorja is, and you'd think Jorja was originally intended as the no. 1 ruck, having been recruited before we drafted Steph Wales. injuries suck

I'm wondering if Brooke Brown might be the back up for Steph Wales in the ruck 🤔 she's billed as a rebound defender but at 184 she's as tall as most rucks. Also Ellyse Gamble back from injury. But yeah, they're not really rucks the way Jorja is, and you'd think Jorja was originally intended as the no. 1 ruck, having been recruited before we drafted Steph Wales. injuries suck
I guess it's possible but that doesn't seem ideal given we're not exactly deep for tall defenders. I wonder if there's plans to somehow recruit more talls because with Ryan and Sargent out now too there's no depth for tall forwards either..

I guess it's possible but that doesn't seem ideal given we're not exactly deep for tall defenders. I wonder if there's plans to somehow recruit more talls because with Ryan and Sargent out now too there's no depth for tall forwards either..
There's a bit of height around in the defence, but yeah the forwards are shallow,

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 12.48.02.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a bit of height around in the defence, but yeah the forwards are shallow,

View attachment 1634656
Love the spreadsheet! Yeah I guess defence isn't too bad but tall forwards depth is dire and now no backup ruck. I mean Phillips can kick a goal I guess they could play her forward a bit more? 100% need to recruit tall forwards

Love the spreadsheet! Yeah I guess defence isn't too bad but tall forwards depth is dire and now no backup ruck. I mean Phillips can kick a goal I guess they could play her forward a bit more? 100% need to recruit tall forwards
Full thing is here;

Will have to wait and see. I guess the thing about AFLW is that a lot of players are versatile because they're cross-coders that don't necessarily have a defined role that they've been learning to play well for 5-10 years before they were even drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back