Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
What is Josh worth in a trade? Don't worry I don't rate him but would be interested as there are rumours around that he wants out of the pies.

Personally I would say good riddance, he is a sook, will never be a good ruckman so time to move him on and go get one.

Collingwood have been fantastic to Josh.

Their simple ignorance of getting another half-decent ruckman to help support Josh, and probably spend alot more time on ball with him will surely be in their favour to resign him:rolleyes:

Way to ruin a number 1 draft pick pies. Honestly it has been a disgrace how they have destroyed this footballer just because our coach obviously doesn't rate ruckmen.

Is it any wonder he is almost bald at 25.

Their simple ignorance of getting another half-decent ruckman to help support Josh, and probably spend alot more time on ball with him will surely be in their favour to resign him:rolleyes:

Way to ruin a number 1 draft pick pies. Honestly it has been a disgrace how they have destroyed this footballer just because our coach obviously doesn't rate ruckmen.

Can't see us trading him.
I reckon his best footy is still in front of him.
Around 27/28 he will be dominating.

Agree we need a genuine big bodied ruck to help him.
The other two are just a joke.

This guy is an interesting one. There is no doubting his quality but just as equally everyone knows when he comes up against the very best rucks in the comp he's found wanting. That would count against him being able to command a trade deal Collingwood would be happy with.

Personally, I wouldn't be prepared to offer what Collingwood would think was a fair deal and I'm not sure many would.

Personally I think he should spend the rest of his career as a KKP and forget about rucking, but ofcourse we have noone else to ruck so that becomes a problem.

From a crows perspective must admit i never really rated him as a quality ruckman.

If i were colligwood i would go very hard this trade period to try and get one.

I agree, MM has played him into the ground, the recruitment staff never sought out a suitable backup for him.

I disagree on him wanting out of the Pies though, that's just the typical rubbish posted by the pimply faced morons on this forum.:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Josh needs a hand in the ruck but to suggest he is burnt out and of no value to anyone is an insult to him.
As Snoop said - he aint going nowhere.

I'm sure I had this discussion with pies fans about 3 years ago, Fraser is a good average HFF at best. Ordinary as a 1st pick but who knows what damage was done to his body in his first couple of seasons were he was rucking all day against mature bodies

He may have had a tough time in the ruck but on the other hand i dont think he has worked as hard on his body as he should have so he could take the knocks you get as a ruckman.

He may have had a tough time in the ruck but on the other hand i dont think he has worked as hard on his body as he should have so he could take the knocks you get as a ruckman.

I reckon Collingwood look much better when he is on the field he is a more then serviceable ruckman i just think he needs some support

Has still not signed and rumours are that Richmond are into him with a big cash offer to get him to nominate for the PSD.

Has still not signed and rumours are that Richmond are into him with a big cash offer to get him to nominate for the PSD.
I feel if he does go to Richmond, we will be back to square one. We have now got Wood for probably our first choice ruckman and if Fraser left, we would lose his mobilty and we would be stuck with Bryan as our back up.

Problem with Fraser is he has no support at all - with Wood coming in, he will at least have a partner in crime. He would have rocks in his head if he left at this stage of his career from a team that is looking OK.

To answer the original question - I think Fraser is worth a pick in the 7-12 range with some sweetner type player.

The advantage with Fraser is he does work hard and can kick a goal.

Surely we have more cap room than the Tigers would.
We can't lose Josh now, it'll undo all the good work of getting Wood.

Give him a decent contract and frontload the crap out of it so that he'll get most of the cash next year when we are well under the cap.

He's either a `third tall' forward or a second-string ruckman.

Can't imagine that being a high value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back