Josh Frydenberg. Out of his depth.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
But for that trillion dollar debt you know the Australian economy would be a basket case, and you also know that even after factoring in payments made to companies (which should have been repaid) a Labor government would by its own admission have racked up a much bigger debt.

Cue LOL?
The Australian economy is a basket case.

Hope that trickle down starts trickling soon.

Until he gets a job Josh will have to pass his time pleasuring himself to old photos of Reagan and Thatcher. Hard to know which one is his go to 🤔

Until he gets a job Josh will have to pass his time pleasuring himself to old photos of Reagan and Thatcher. Hard to know which one is his go to 🤔
267 days in lockdown in Victoria, the engine room of Australia, was never going to have a positive impact on the economy, was it?

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
It wasnt healthy prior to Covid but lockdown brought the 'house of cards' down.
I’m not surprised we’re here but it amazes me that people bought the bullshit about the economy being healthy six weeks go but now it’s ****ed up the arse? Call me Nostradamus but if you couldn’t see this coming your not reading the signs. The housing price boom had me completely baffled, I couldn’t understand it and I still don’t - this was inevitable, but again the Liberal Party are the best Economic Managers…

But for that trillion dollar debt you know the Australian economy would be a basket case, and you also know that even after factoring in payments made to companies (which should have been repaid) a Labor government would by its own admission have racked up a much bigger debt.

Cue LOL?
Come on Sttew, get serious. You are always harping about Victoria's debt (lots of infrastructure) yet are forgiving of a Trillion dollars.

Besides the payments (without any clawback from companies that cheated the system) during Covid, what has the Federal government done with the rest?

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I’m not surprised we’re here but it amazes me that people bought the bullshit about the economy being healthy six weeks go but now it’s ducked up the arse? Call me Nostradamus but if you couldn’t see this coming your not reading the signs. The housing price boom had me completely baffled, I couldn’t understand it and I still don’t - this was inevitable, but again the Liberal Party are the best Economic Managers…
My favourite has been the labour shortage that's now being brought to the fore. Before the election that rarely got mentioned instead it was lowest unemployment figures and how good it was.

My favourite has been the labour shortage that's now being brought to the fore. Before the election that rarely got mentioned instead it was lowest unemployment figures and how good it was.
On water matters seem to be of sudden interest to the press as well.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
If you'd bothered reading my other posts you'd have read he is NOT INTERESTED and therefore OUT OF THE PICTURE. .

But explain to me why the CEO of the AFL needs to have played Australian Rules? A good CEO surrounds himself with the appropriate experts leaving him to make CEO decisions. Why do you have to have played football to negotiate with TV channels?

So, Treasurer of a multi billion dollar economy/country counts for nothing, or having been Global Director of an overseas bank?

Take your blinkers off! Frydenberg isn't interested in this job, but he'll secure a plumb job somewhere befitting his credentials

It wouldn’t be an issue except that fryzo has been a notably inept treasurer

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

That’s Peter ‘I created hundreds of babies’ costello

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m not surprised we’re here but it amazes me that people bought the bullshit about the economy being healthy six weeks go but now it’s ducked up the arse? Call me Nostradamus but if you couldn’t see this coming your not reading the signs. The housing price boom had me completely baffled, I couldn’t understand it and I still don’t - this was inevitable, but again the Liberal Party are the best Economic Managers…
The housing price boom is quantative easing gone mad.

This level of QE is unprecedented and no one knows what is going to happen.

And now to slow it down we are looking at quantitive tightening and higher interest rates.

Literally no one knows what is going to happen.

Especially old Joshy boy who was handing cash to donors and mates while he could.

It is criminal how little Australia has to show for all that money printing. Absolutely criminal.

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
It wouldn’t be an issue except that fryzo has been a notably inept treasurer
Selling him short there. He was also notably inept as the Minister for Resources and Energy followed by being inept as the Minister for the Environment and Energy.

I think Taylor appreciates his work though.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Given all the $ the VIC government hands out to the AFL can you imagine Frydenberg going cap in hand to Andrews. Doubt Andrews has forgotten Frydenberg’s attacks on Andrews during the covid lockdowns
I doubt it will happen but i doubt Andrews would come out of it well by not assisting the AFL just as payback to Frydenberg

Tyberious Funk

Premiership Player
May 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Let's see now... Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia all have Labor governments.

Frydenberg couldn't even convince the people in his own electorate to vote for him, how is he going to get support for any initiatives in, say, WA as long as McGowan is in charge?

Joke on Front Bar about him possibly running for AFL CEO

Sam - The 1st thing he's gonna do is take the teal out of the power guernsey

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
How good is corporate welfare?
Anyone trying to claim this guy as anything but a crook or in any way competent in what his job description was supposed to be is either stupid or a schill.

------
Although some $5bn in public money has been lavished on the aviation sector, of which Qantas accounts for 70% in domestic terms, they never once called it a bail-out. As Qantas shares plummeted to $2.36 in March 2020 – way off their highs of $7.34 three months earlier – Frydenberg opted for what the Coalition called their “market-led solution”.

The biggest beneficiaries of this $5bn “market-led solution” were Qantas and Virgin shareholders. A good deal of it was via JobKeeper (for Qantas – as Virgin went into administration), a program which gave money straight to corporations, not to the employees themselves.

Big pay, big say​

Since then, Qantas itself has wolfed down more than $2bn in public money and shed 9400 staff. Some 2000 were axed unlawfully, according to the recent Federal Court decision. And now its chief executive Alan Joyce is back making acquisitions again, using the public rescue to buy other companies and a bunch of new planes. And his pay, along with other executives, is once again on the rise.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Come on Sttew, get serious. You are always harping about Victoria's debt (lots of infrastructure) yet are forgiving of a Trillion dollars.

Besides the payments (without any clawback from companies that cheated the system) during Covid, what has the Federal government done with the rest?
Scuba diving….the uptick of the glorious wall of kewlands much vaunted coral/fisherie

Cyg1992

Team Captain
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
How good is corporate welfare?
Anyone trying to claim this guy as anything but a crook or in any way competent in what his job description was supposed to be is either stupid or a schill.

------
Although some $5bn in public money has been lavished on the aviation sector, of which Qantas accounts for 70% in domestic terms, they never once called it a bail-out. As Qantas shares plummeted to $2.36 in March 2020 – way off their highs of $7.34 three months earlier – Frydenberg opted for what the Coalition called their “market-led solution”.

The biggest beneficiaries of this $5bn “market-led solution” were Qantas and Virgin shareholders. A good deal of it was via JobKeeper (for Qantas – as Virgin went into administration), a program which gave money straight to corporations, not to the employees themselves.

Big pay, big say​

Since then, Qantas itself has wolfed down more than $2bn in public money and shed 9400 staff. Some 2000 were axed unlawfully, according to the recent Federal Court decision. And now its chief executive Alan Joyce is back making acquisitions again, using the public rescue to buy other companies and a bunch of new planes. And his pay, along with other executives, is once again on the rise.
Mother *er! 🤬🤬

All that tax money worth it to pwn 'tEh LeFt' though hey?

Back