List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking on SEN on Tuesday morning, Cameron revealed he’d broached the topic with Kelly during their coffee catch-ups, which occur “once or twice every couple of months, just to see how he’s going”.

Shades of Laidley and his corridor catch up with Wellsy.

Just ignore it if it's going to cause you angst.

Yep. Not worth worrying about too much, it'll happen. I'm looking forward to being too distracted by winning games of football and finals.

I’m fairly chilled about all this right now. We’d all love to have Josh for a variety of reasons, including his football ability and connection to the club, via his dad. However, I think the club has managed to put a very reasonable Plan B in place already. As long as Polec, Tyson and Pittard don’t turn out to be Lance Picioanes, we’re very well covered on the midfield depth side of things. Let’s face it, if Kelly does come, we’re going to have to give up something serious in return.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they were really confident about JK re-signing, would that article appear in that format and with that commentary?

It's just that Josh is a wiser operator now, and they see this as a change in the weather.

If they were really confident about JK re-signing, would that article appear in that format and with that commentary?

It's just that Josh is a wiser operator now, and they see this as a change in the weather.
I reckon he's staying, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

Tef pretending to be intelligent again.

GWS didn't write the article, Fox Sport wrote it based on an answer given during an SEN interview.

Cameron gave a rather open and honest answer, Fox chose the format and commentary. I wonder if Tef even listened to the interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason talks are more advanced than 2017 is because they were asleep at the wheel & didn't even know the capability of the player they had at the time.

I doubt Josh's contract extension was ever far from the top of their list management agenda.

Connors is probably guiding Josh much better, due the the last contract scenario turning in to a circus. Josh is also a wiser lad now.

I would much prefer to read that Josh has put off contract talks until the end of year. Albeit that didn’t work out well for us last time!

Not convinced at all that Josh will be at North next year.

Big change in situations this time.

We have less money, they have a heap more of it.

Fair chance that their offer may even be higher than ours this time around.

We will be a far different prospect on the field at the end of this year though.

Big change in situations this time.

We have less money, they have a heap more of it.

Fair chance that their offer may even be higher than ours this time around.

We will be a far different prospect on the field at the end of this year though.

We don’t have less money for Kelly. We could still easily pay him over $1M PA. Remember we offered Martin $1.5 & Kelly $1M. Since then we’ve signed Polec on $700~$800k. Tyson, Hall & Pittard aren’t breaking the bank.

Besides, Kelly has already shown he’s not all about the coin by choosing to stay at GWS for less.

We don’t have less money for Kelly. We could still easily pay him over $1M PA. Remember we offered Martin $1.5 & Kelly $1M. Since then we’ve signed Polec on $700~$800k. Tyson, Hall & Pittard aren’t breaking the bank.

Besides, Kelly has already shown he’s not all about the coin by choosing to stay at GWS for less.

A few existing contracts have been front loaded with the excess cap space over the past few years.

The money won't be an issue. My concern is the level of hardball instituted by GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back