List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely embarrassing if he signs with the franchise.

He can gagf if this happens. Would be completely against offering him another contract after the two years.
Agreed. If playing for the team you supported and dad played for isn't enough then move on and gagf.

The AFL probably offered him a house and cushy job on the side to stick around. Sticking around at a franchise...I've officially heard it all.

*mods if he signs please send this post to hell or change it to:

Lol. Never in doubt. As if he wouldn't sign for North.

Really gathering momentum now. I would say that someone has let the cat out of the bag. Bumma!

End of the day we've been told by the media since day one he'll re-sign. It will be what it will be.

Not a great surprise he doesn't want to come to us with a team on the bottom, and a clown in charge.

He'll likely take a short but very handy deal with GWS, try and win a premiership at the same time, and go for the $$$ next time when his value is even higher.

We turned down Hartlett. Hannebery and Heeney were well within their rights to stay for not much more money (Parker too, that one always gets forgotten).

Can't begrudge JK rolling the dice but there's nothing to say this offer is ever coming around again. It's taken two years minimum of forward planning and the benefit of having more veterans on our list for us to even be able to put this up. The raising of the salary cap wasn't an unknown quantity either.

We got in early with a million dollar offer and people think that will be the norm. Fact is there are better players that will also be looking for that money down the track (Bont, Cripps, Lynch etc). The pool isn't going to get any shallower.
Exactly. It's not like we can just say "oh well, we'll come back again in 2 years". I'm sure the stars aligned with a lot of forward planning. May be our only shot at him.

Exactly. It's not like we can just say "oh well, we'll come back again in 2 years". I'm sure the stars aligned with a lot of forward planning. May be our only shot at him.

if we are a strong minded club, i would hope this is his only chance to come.
Paul Connors lets the offer out of the bag, thus making us look desparate....fast forward 5-6 weeks, media niw saying it may be unders for him, and yet he may embarrassingly re-sign, making NMFC look stupid.
looks like we've been played by his manager, as the moment GWS advised "thats it, we cant offer more" it looks as if he will sign. we were used to get a better offer.

Tom clearly not on the same mailing list as Mark Stevens or Dwayne Russell.
Should've been as he was the one who released the god-father offer news, not the other two knuckle heads.

He can gagf if this happens. Would be completely against offering him another contract after the two years.
We probably won't be able to offer him a godfather offer next time and some other club will be in a better position that would be even worse.

Meh it will be abit embarrassing if we don't get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a great surprise he doesn't want to come to us with a team on the bottom, and a clown in charge.

He'll likely take a short but very handy deal with GWS, try and win a premiership at the same time, and go for the $$$ next time when his value is even higher.

but neither of those things are guarenteed! the way gws are going this year, they'd be lucky to feild a team with the injuries they have.
other players out of contract, when JK come OOC maybe in more demand.....if he us to re-sign, he is backing him self in. good on him, and good luck

if we are a strong minded club, i would hope this is his only chance to come.
Paul Connors lets the offer out of the bag, thus making us look desparate....fast forward 5-6 weeks, media niw saying it may be unders for him, and yet he may embarrassingly re-sign, making NMFC look stupid.
looks like we've been played by his manager, as the moment GWS advised "thats it, we cant offer more" it looks as if he will sign. we were used to get a better offer.
Yep. They called his bluff and kelly has blinked. Potentially

Easy come, easy go.

Would be simultaneously a very brave move from Josh and one I would commend if I supported any other team than North; and an extraordinarily embarrassing result for North Melbourne, IMO.

Not only would we now have been turned down by Heeney, Hannebery, Hartlett et cetera; we now can't get a godfather offer over the line.

Positively; it would open up the coffers for Dusty etc.
I don't see as embarrassing for us at all . If he decides to stay at GWS it's because of the opportunity to play in premierships and no other reason . He would've also knocked back a 6 yr @ 6m offer from the saints , who according to so called experts have one of best young lists going around . Heeney has been the only player we've put a serious offer in front of . As for Hannerbery & Hartlett we were late to the party in our interest and Weren't even the highest bidder in either player .

Let's face it guys they are every chance to win this year and the next 2 years that he stays . If he decides to come home after that time I'd suggest our offer will still be there and he would nominate us as his club of choice and at 24/25 would be at the peak of his powers and if I'm not mistaken he would be a restricted free agent and will cost us nothing in terms of trade . We will 2 years further on in our rebuild getting some high end talent in . Our young players that we already have will have 2 more years experience .

If he stays, I hope we just go to the draft.
I would hope that would be certain. We're going to get a top ten maybe top five pick, not going to spend that on Z. Jones, J. Billings or J. Schache. Love to see some smart trading to get a second pick in the first round. Like trading our second and our future second for something like 15 and 40.

Could all just be a ploy to squeeze a bit extra out of North.

Although that would be greed in the extreme.
Yeah well his Manager is the most likely source of the initial offer we made being made public to the media. :stern look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back