List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North | PConnors - Kelly would come home for family reasons -NBowen says NM $10m/9yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking the same Gas.....Todd I seriously hope.

And this could be the root of his current form slip....not so much that he could go to another club but the consequences of moving Interstate. If i was him i would be feeling sick to the stomach.

Sure they can reassure him but considering the August 2016 delistings who can honestly say anyone is safe?

So whilst this thread clicks over to 202 pages in June, it is sobering to remember the current North blokes who may have to move their own Dog to the other side of Sydney when they dont necessarily want to go or move.

Footage? Martin? Dusty? Interview? Out? Walk? Headphones? Question?

Never happened. It was at that product launch thing Choco Williams was doing where he had Dusty as an ambassador. After a question or 2 about his contract (which he answered politely) he stepped out of camera and walked away from the interviewers.

There was no fuss - media tried to build it up but the decent journos said it was nothing.

Never happened. It was at that product launch thing Choco Williams was doing where he had Dusty as an ambassador. After a question or 2 about his contract (which he answered politely) he stepped out of camera and walked away from the interviewers.

There was no fuss - media tried to build it up but the decent journos said it was nothing.

Yeah thought that was what old fella was referring too. It's just he said this happened "after their win", hence my confusion. Thanks for the clarification :3

I cannot believe the difference between Kelly and Martin in terms of how they handle the media re their contracts. Kelly is all class, answers the questions so well and is definitely captain material vs Martin who got asked the question after their win and he responded by taking the headphones of immediately and walked off - end of interview. Honestly the intelligence of the bloke.
Dunno about a reflection of intelligence. I just think very different people. I'd say dusty is very uncomfortable about it. Probably made a decision to leave and is feeling guilt over his decision. Otherwise would be very easy to just say no im happy at the tiges and we will get something worked out by he end of the year. Who knows maybe he doesn't care about the cash and wants to stay but his manager is forcing him to hold out and have Richmond over the barrel. Either way he's just not comfortable about talking about it.

Yes intelligence. He's a professional and if you agree to be interviewed be prepared to answer the question. Not hard to say I'm not making a decision till the end of year which is what his manager's been saying all year.
You know the players are contracted yeah?
They can't refuse interviews without breaching contracts.
Its probably a useless tv producer who thought he'd get to the bottom of the story, by putting him on air. Got crickets from Dusty.

Last edited:
Yes intelligence. He's a professional and if you agree to be interviewed be prepared to answer the question. Not hard to say I'm not making a decision till the end of year which is what his manager's been saying all year.

a person i know in the richmond gameday prep team, has told me that they have informed the media to not ask him questions based on his contract, and to direct them to hardwick or his manager, but the media constantly ask martin. id crack it too.

the post game interview is for that game, hence why he agreed to it.
him being a professional footballer, has absolutely nothing to do with interviews.
his professionalism has to do with his prep and gameday performance during the actual match. hes not payed to be a media person.

Robbo in his tackle piece

SO, WHY DIDN’T ESSENDON CLAMP JOSH KELLY?

He’s a super player, Kelly, worth zillions, but it’s time to find out how he performs with a tagger. John Worsfold wasn’t prepared to find out on Saturday.

“We didn’t have a specific plan (for stopping Kelly), other than seeing how the game panned out,” he said.

“At half-time we addressed the volume of his possession, but it was a pretty even game and we tried to get a little bit tighter on him in the second half, while still wanting to generate our ball going forward.

“He’s a very good player. We weren’t prepared to just put a straight stopper on him, but certainly (they) were accountable for him.”

Why not? If Kelly’s match-winning 38 possessions were reduced to, say, 22, would Essendon have had a better chance of winning? The answer is yes. You can have faith in your 18-man strategies, but not blind faith.

Kelly’s second-possession wins at stoppages and lack of pressure on him were pivotal to the result. His main opponent on Saturday was Zach Merrett — he had Kelly for 24 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo's dislikes:

1. TODD GOLDSTEIN

Comical for us and even the coach in a weird sort of way after Todd Goldstein fluffed the ball twice in the one sequence, one when the ball went through his legs and he followed up with a screwed kick for goal which floated out of bounds. Goldstein was the best ruckman in the comp two years back and is now a shadow of his former self, so much so that if Josh Kelly wants to go to North Melbourne, Goldstein could be included in a trade.

Robbo's dislikes:

1. TODD GOLDSTEIN

Comical for us and even the coach in a weird sort of way after Todd Goldstein fluffed the ball twice in the one sequence, one when the ball went through his legs and he followed up with a screwed kick for goal which floated out of bounds. Goldstein was the best ruckman in the comp two years back and is now a shadow of his former self, so much so that if Josh Kelly wants to go to North Melbourne, Goldstein could be included in a trade.

That's the whack we have been waiting for .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wat was that tweet....Schwatta was fuming this afternoon

a very unsavoury tweet about alex fasolo. not worthy of re-writing. how he still has a job (anywhere) i do not know.

Wat was that tweet....Schwatta was fuming this afternoon
I was just looking up the tweet when I was getting a coffee before.....he said : "Good drugs - clinical depression on Tue, training Thursday"

Must of had a few more than usual when he wrote that.

unfortunately, no one will read it, or take it seriously, as slobbo has pretty much stuffed his career with his tweet last week.

No more than usual I think :)

a very unsavoury tweet about alex fasolo. not worthy of re-writing. how he still has a job (anywhere) i do not know.

What the "good drugs" comment?

BFD.

Obviously better drugs than Robbo uses to self medicate for whatever reason he does it for. Or better support.

Sometimes drugs are good for people with depression. Especially with support and appropriate other activity. The right drugs can save lives and there is a stigma against using them. SSRIs particularly have a reputation for being harmful that is probably out of proportion with the actual harm they do.

And that tweet could also be a cry for help.

ST Kilda has pulled out of the race to sign Fremantle star Nat Fyfe, the Herald Sun reports.
The Saints’ backflip has huge consequences for the AFL player market.

A Channel 7 report on Friday night said it was a sign Fyfe now appears more likely to remain at Fremantle, despite widespread interest in the 25-year-old restricted free agent.

Previous reports have claimed any Melbourne club would have to offer up to $1.2 million per season to entice Fyfe away from Perth.

Last month, Fyfe’s management categorically denied claims the Dockers’ skipper had signed a $1.5 million per season contract with St Kilda.

Kelly has reportedly been the subject of a $9 million offer from North Melbourne.

Fyfe’s Dockers host Collingwood at Subiaco Oval on Sunday.

It has created a high-stakes big-money battle between St Kilda and the Kangaroos in the race to land Kelly’s signature and strike a trade with GWS.

Kelly, 22, does not qualify as a free agent and the Giants would have to consent to his potential departure from the club.

The midfielder’s future has been the subject of huge speculation since a reported nine-year $9 million offer for his services from North Melbourne earlier in the season.

Kelly averaged 31 touches, six clearances and almost eight tackles a game across the Giants’ four matches last month, as they climbed to second despite a horrific injury toll.

FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN A FOX FOOTY PRIZE PACK OR AN AUSTRALIAN ALMONDS PRIZE PACK, PICK YOUR MID YEAR ALL-AUSTRALIAN SQUAD HERE

With the prolific Stephen Coniglio sidelined for much of the season, Kelly has thrived on extra minutes in the Giants’ midfield engine room, something he had been striving for.

He revealed Callan Ward and Dylan Shiel had been mentoring him over the past month.

“I’ve had a move into the midfield which is something I’ve been building towards in the past couple of years,” Kelly said.

“I’ve had to probably shoulder a bit of extra responsibility with a few of the injuries we’ve had, so it has been pleasing, but I still feel like I can build on it and keep improving.”

Man, this is a bit extreme. I got locked out of the Dusty thread too for asking your Mod a sincere question. Settle down everyone.

To be fair, ever since the Swedes attempted to take down our North Melbourne overlord Julian Assange on trumped up charges, we've had a shoot first ask questions later reaction to all things Swedish around here Black Saab.

ST Kilda has pulled out of the race to sign Fremantle star Nat Fyfe, the Herald Sun reports.
The Saints’ backflip has huge consequences for the AFL player market.

A Channel 7 report on Friday night said it was a sign Fyfe now appears more likely to remain at Fremantle, despite widespread interest in the 25-year-old restricted free agent.

Previous reports have claimed any Melbourne club would have to offer up to $1.2 million per season to entice Fyfe away from Perth.

Last month, Fyfe’s management categorically denied claims the Dockers’ skipper had signed a $1.5 million per season contract with St Kilda.

Kelly has reportedly been the subject of a $9 million offer from North Melbourne.

Fyfe’s Dockers host Collingwood at Subiaco Oval on Sunday.

It has created a high-stakes big-money battle between St Kilda and the Kangaroos in the race to land Kelly’s signature and strike a trade with GWS.

Kelly, 22, does not qualify as a free agent and the Giants would have to consent to his potential departure from the club.

The midfielder’s future has been the subject of huge speculation since a reported nine-year $9 million offer for his services from North Melbourne earlier in the season.

Kelly averaged 31 touches, six clearances and almost eight tackles a game across the Giants’ four matches last month, as they climbed to second despite a horrific injury toll.

FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN A FOX FOOTY PRIZE PACK OR AN AUSTRALIAN ALMONDS PRIZE PACK, PICK YOUR MID YEAR ALL-AUSTRALIAN SQUAD HERE

With the prolific Stephen Coniglio sidelined for much of the season, Kelly has thrived on extra minutes in the Giants’ midfield engine room, something he had been striving for.

He revealed Callan Ward and Dylan Shiel had been mentoring him over the past month.

“I’ve had a move into the midfield which is something I’ve been building towards in the past couple of years,” Kelly said.

“I’ve had to probably shoulder a bit of extra responsibility with a few of the injuries we’ve had, so it has been pleasing, but I still feel like I can build on it and keep improving.”
Someone said on the radio that was supposedly 1.5 but no one was willing to pay it.

Its a pity. I am not sure if Saints are interested in dusty either so I sure hope Nick gets a 2 year deal and they have other targets than to have more available for Kelly. But I think we have Kelly committed to us anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back