Kennedy vs Selwood

• Josh P. Kennedy

Votes: 120 69.0%
  • Joel Selwood

Votes: 54 31.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

still exposed is he? :thumbsup

Still leading the frees for too....So much for a clamp-down & change in direction.

By the time Selwood finishes his career, he'll have accumulated 3 times more free kicks than any other player over the same period.....A pretty damning statistic in my book.

Still leading the frees for too....So much for a clamp-down & change in direction.

By the time Selwood finishes his career, he'll have accumulated 3 times more free kicks than any other player over the same period.....A pretty damning statistic in my book.

better check your facts old mate, cripps is leading frees for this year and has a game in hand. But don’t let the truth get in the way of your story.

better check your facts old mate, cripps is leading frees for this year and has a game in hand. But don’t let the truth get in the way of your story.

Apologies.....Is running second for only the 3rd time of the 12 seasons he's played in.....With all the other 9 having him as the run-away winner.

Not sure what I was thinking tbh.

Just like free kick tally’s within games it doesn’t tell the full story, but some people like to obsess over it, for mine there are more interesting areas of the game, but each to their own

He's not called duckwood for nothing.....and the umps are referred to as the 3 blind mice for equally good reason.....Maybe if they just paid incorrect disposal & holding the ball, then there wouldn't be this scrum-fest mess to begin with.

Now there's a thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine that contested players getting frees, im blown away also

Kennedy is more contested, but doesn't get many frees at all.

Kennedy: 14 contested possessions per game, 0.9 free kicks per game.
Selwood: 11 contested possessions per game, 2.71 free kicks per game.

Surprised at how fairly lop-sided this is. Thought picking Kennedy was just a homer opinion; but a 70% majority?

In all seriousness it’s way closer, josh is a stud, but joel has been very very good for his whole career, even as an 18 year old he was playing in the midfield in a pretty good side, and now he is even better. I guess it comes down to taste,and by the poll most choose kenedy

we can do lots of things with numbers if we want, Cripps is heading near 50 frees this weekend,the most selwood has got in a year is 70, so if paddy rounds out the year with 70 this year do we all throw our hands up and cry blue murder? maybe i will when it happens

we can do lots of things with numbers if we want, Cripps is heading near 50 frees this weekend,the most selwood has got in a year is 70, so if paddy rounds out the year with 70 this year do we all throw our hands up and cry blue murder? maybe i will when it happens

Joel Selwood has 716 free kicks now. For this era, that is quite remarkable, and nobody's getting close to it.

But as to the previous numbers, I don't think it's playing with numbers, it does show that contested ball doesn't mean free kicks when the best contested midfielder for 7 years or so doesn't get many.

Yes, but Kennedy doesn't drop his knees every time he feels a tackle from behind.....Or get his arms & shoulders oiled up so he can lift the arm, thereby causing the other players initial legal tackle to slip high....Nor also lean his head into the tackler, all simultaneously, so as to draw a free kick by his own actions.

In other words.....Kennedy doesn't cheat.

The umpires have had 12 years to wake up to this bullshit; & they are still getting sucked-in by it today......Beyond ridiculous.....His free-kick numbers for are damning on both himself & the umpiring fraternity as a whole.

Because you certainly wouldnt have landed him without that third round pick from Swans? Dont confuse luck with astute trading. It was a balls up from Hawthorn.

LOL.....Sydney have done very well out of it & Josh has forged a fine career for himself there.....He'll be remembered as a Swans player & good on him for making the most of that opportunity.

Yes, but Kennedy doesn't drop his knees every time he feels a tackle from behind.....Or get his arms & shoulders oiled up so he can lift the arm, thereby causing the other players initial legal tackle to slip high....Nor also lean his head into the tackler, all simultaneously, so as to draw a free kick by his own actions.

In other words.....Kennedy doesn't cheat.

The umpires have had 12 years to wake up to this bullshit; & they are still getting sucked-in by it today......Beyond ridiculous.....His free-kick numbers for are damning on both himself & the umpiring fraternity as a whole.

But yeah, your right he’s been shown up to be an ordinary player since the new rules, like you said hey. Why you need to keep going over old ground is amazing to witness, keep it up... i thought this was about who is a better player, kennedy or selwood? might need to start a new thread

Back