Josh P. Kennedy vs Joel Selwood

Kennedy vs Selwood

• Josh P. Kennedy

Votes: 120 69.0%
  • Joel Selwood

Votes: 54 31.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But yeah, your right he’s been shown up to be an ordinary player since the new rules, like you said hey. Why you need to keep going over old ground is amazing to witness, keep it up... i thought this was about who is a better player, kennedy or selwood? might need to start a new thread

It is.....And I made the point that one is renowned for Ducking & cheating while the other is not.

Not sure how to read this poll. It's not like those who hate Selwood simply wouldn't vote for him, they'd also vote for Kennedy out of spite.

So that's more or less a "double whammy" or 2 pts of lols rather than 1

Not sure how to read this poll. It's not like those who hate Selwood simply wouldn't vote for him, they'd also vote for Kennedy out of spite.

So that's more or less a "double whammy" or 2 pts of lols rather than 1

Its a poll as to who you would prefer. Unless JPK is coming up against an out and out jet like Martin, Fyfe, or Dangerfield he's gonna win. He's a likeable player with the stats to back it up. He's also the clearly better inside footballer and a better marking option.

If, as a Cats fan, you still feel aggrieved by the poll then it may be some comfort to know that Hawthorn traded Kennedy for a 3rd round pick without even giving him a chance. And he's a third generation father/son of a legendary family name at the Hawks!

It is.....And I made the point that one is renowned for Ducking & cheating while the other is not.
How is it cheating? Is it against the rules to try and evade tackles by lowering your center of gravity or shrugging your shoulders, which normally results in 1. Evading the tackle or 2. Drawing a free kick. Both an advantage to his team. Some people are just stupid. If he played for Hawthorn, you would consider him GOD. Give me your opinion on Sam Mitchell? Personally I can't split them. Love JPK, ultra consistent and can handle a tag better. The leadership qualities Selwood possesses are phenomenal. Tie.

Last edited:
How is it cheating? Is it against the rules to try and evade tackles by lowering your center of gravity or shrugging your shoulders, which normally results in 1. Evading the tackle or 2. Drawing a free kick. Both an advantage to his team. Some people are just stupid. If he played for Hawthorn, you would consider him GOD. Give me your opinion on Sam Mitchell? Personally I can't split them. Love JPK, ultra consistent and can handle a tag better. The leadership qualities Selwood possesses are phenomenal. Tie.

He deliberately plays & stages for free-kicks.....And the umpires should have been hip to it ages ago.....He's a blight on our game & so are the umpires who keep on getting sucked-in by it.....He aint called Duckwood for nothing.....On top of which, he's the worst sore-loser, self-entitled Captain the game has ever seen.

He deliberately plays & stages for free-kicks.....And the umpires should have been hip to it ages ago.....He's a blight on our game & so are the umpires who keep on getting sucked-in by it.....He aint called Duckwood for nothing.....On top of which, he's the worst sore-loser, self-entitled Captain the game has ever seen.
Now you are just bitter because he normally dominates against your mob. You call him "Duckwood" but he doesn't duck. You nuff's are all the same. He does whatever it takes to win, if that means sucking the umpires in by PLAYING WITHIN THE RULES then so be it. Not his fault that he wants it more and the opposition can't tackle. A champion that hates to lose, ok. Self entitled, wow. That's just embarrassing. Like I said previously, if he played at Hawthorn he would be a god to you. He isn't a 3 x premiership, 3 x Carji Greeves, 6 x All Australian and 4 x Most Courageous player for nothing. Jog on

Now you are just bitter because he normally dominates against your mob. You call him "Duckwood" but he doesn't duck. You nuff's are all the same. He does whatever it takes to win, if that means sucking the umpires in by PLAYING WITHIN THE RULES then so be it. A champion that hates to lose, ok. Self entitled, wow. That's just embarrassing. Like I said previously, if he played at Hawthorn he would be a god to you.

Joel Selwood after losing the 2013 Preliminary Final to Hawthorn by less than a goal....'They've pinched it'.....This after we had 100 more disposals & 10 more scoring shots....And after we had to endure 11 losses on the trot, most of which were by less than a kick & a couple after the siren.....And yet, Clarko or Hodgey never whinged once post match, after any of those losses.

There's a good reason for why he'll never captain a premiership side.....A complete lack of grace.

Joel Selwood after losing the 2013 Preliminary Final to Hawthorn by less than a goal....'They've pinched it'.....This after we had 100 more disposals & 10 more scoring shots....And after we had to endure 11 losses on the trot, most of which were by less than a kick & a couple after the siren.....And yet, Clarko or Hodgey never whinged once post match, after any of those losses.

There's a good reason for why he'll never captain a premiership side.....A complete lack of grace.
So they've pinched it means what? You have got to be kidding me. How dumb can you be? Have you ever considered, maybe, just maybe that in his bias mind he thought Geelong should of won? Take your blinkers off ya nuff. Clarko just punches holes in walls and Hodge is a sniper. A complete lack of grace.

So they've pinched it means what? You have got to be kidding me. How dumb can you be? Have you ever considered, maybe, just maybe that in his bias mind he thought Geelong should of won? Take your blinkers off ya nuff. Clarko just punches holes in walls and Hodge is a sniper. A complete lack of grace.

Neither Clarko nor Hodgey ducked & weaved, or dropped to their knees for frees, on the regular.

Neither Clarko nor Hodgey ducked & weaved, or dropped to their knees for frees, on the regular.
Again, just showing your bitterness. He doesn't duck, pretty sure majority of players weave, doesn't drop to his knees, lowers center of gravity. But keep trying nuffy. Answer me this, wouldn't the person at fault here be the umpire? If he is paying free kicks that are considered cheating, shouldn’t the umpires be at fault?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, just showing your bitterness. He doesn't duck, pretty sure majority of players weave, doesn't drop to his knees, lowers center of gravity. But keep trying nuffy. Answer me this, wouldn't the person at fault here be the umpire? If he is paying free kicks that are considered cheating, shouldn’t the umpires be at fault?

And yet, he's universally referred to across the league as 'duck-wood'.....Go figure.

Because of nuffy's like you. Jesus. You aint that bright are ya cob?

Ad Hom is the last retreat of those with nothing of substance left to offer s a counter argument.

The self-referential nature of your last post is somewhat amusing, to say the least.

Ad Hom is the last retreat of those with nothing of substance left to offer s a counter argument.

The self-referential nature of your last post is somewhat amusing, to say the least.
Just stating facts because it sounds like you don't understand what "cheating" and "ducking" mean. That's all. Sorry if I hurt your feelings snowflake.

Just stating facts because it sounds like you don't understand what "cheating" and "ducking" mean. That's all. Sorry if I hurt your feelings snowflake.

Selwood is a ducker & a cheater because he plays & stages for free-kicks - It's that simple....And you haven't hurt my feelings in the least....It's you who are getting all personal & emotional.

Selwood is a ducker & a cheater because he plays & stages for free-kicks - It's that simple....And you haven't hurt my feelings in the least....It's you who are getting all personal & emotional.
He is neither and you haven't proved otherwise. I'm only getting personal because you are coming across as unintelligent. Let me break it down for you so might understand. To cheat, 1 must break the rules. Selwood doesn't. To duck, 1 must lower the head. Selwood lowers his center of gravity. Ya get it now buddy? It's that simple.

He is neither and you haven't proved otherwise. I'm only getting personal because you are coming across as unintelligent. Let me break it down for you so might understand. To cheat, 1 must break the rules. Selwood doesn't. To duck, 1 must lower the head. Selwood lowers his center of gravity. Ya get it now buddy? It's that simple.
Open your eyes. When it comes to the shrug, the knee drop, milking those high frees he is a clear, prominent, regular offender. You might get pedantic over the exact wording, but it's clear as day he plays to milk high free kicks.

There are absolutely others in the league that do this too, Dylan Grimes I have seen do it a couple of times. But don't deny Selwood is a chief offender.

Open your eyes. When it comes to the shrug, the knee drop, milking those high frees he is a clear, prominent, regular offender. You might get pedantic over the exact wording, but it's clear as day he plays to milk high free kicks.

There are absolutely others in the league that do this too, Dylan Grimes I have seen do it a couple of times. But don't deny Selwood is a chief offender.
I'm not denying he does anything to give his team an advantage. I'm saying that he doesn't duck and is not a cheat.

I'm not denying he does anything to give his team an advantage. I'm saying that he doesn't duck and is not a cheat.

Anything also includes ducking, staging & cheating.....Your first sentence is a contradictio ad absurdum when married against your second.

Anything also includes ducking, staging & cheating.....Your first sentence is a contradictio ad absurdum when married against your second.
My god. Like banging my head against a brick wall. IN ORDER TO CHEAT, ONE MUST BREAK THE RULES. Jesus christ. Are you all there?

He may not duck, but he shrugs, drops knees, and so forth. It's not "cheating", but its manipulative and not in the spirit of the game.

And again, Joel Selwood is not the only player who deserves criticism for this.

And again, Joel Selwood is not the only player who deserves criticism for this.

He is however the principal culprit & main exponent of it.....He has also gained the most by it from free kicks over the past decade.... So much so in fact, that he has set new records for most frees for, by any player in the competitions history....That would be all well & good if it's because he was a fair player.....But it aint.

Back