Judd out for up to a month

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone bring up some threads about what people were saying around this time last year when we lost to Dogs @ Subi and Port @ AAMI.....

I think we'll find very similar comments being made.

Not saying the ending will be the same in 2007 but anything is possible.

Absolutley, if i recall correctly wasn't it you saying that west coast are overated and wont win the prmiership?

Absolutley, if i recall correctly wasn't it you saying that west coast are overated and wont win the prmiership?

BINGO!

Thats correct.

I have learnt from my mistakes. But I do feel that this year there is a certain something missing. Whether it is the main man Benny or not who knows?

I am hoping and praying we snag a top 4 spot, we have to win 1 of the 2 at AAMI.

Boys - do not panic!!

We were bound to have a form slump this time of year.

I expect us to lose the Adelaide game - unless Judd and Embley line up or the other players pull their finger out - which they should as Woosha would put them on notice. Spots are going to be tight after 2 weeks.

From the Brisbane game on we will not lose a game to the finals - bookmark it

Boys - do not panic!!

We were bound to have a form slump this time of year.

I expect us to lose the Adelaide game - unless Judd and Embley line up or the other players pull their finger out - which they should as Woosha would put them on notice. Spots are going to be tight after 2 weeks.

From the Brisbane game on we will not lose a game to the finals - bookmark it

OH MY GOD!!!

That is the biggest joke of a comment Ive ever heard!!

Have you ever seen us play against Port @ AAMI??

How about our record at the Dome where we play 3 times in the last 6 weeks against finals contenders??

not to mention a tough home game V rival Sydney and a derby we have a VERY hard run home - which if we do make the top 4 should hold us in good stead because we would be used to the type of finals style pressure.

10 games to go - we wont go 9-1

Im thinking 6-4 and Im really, really hoping for 7-3 :thumbsu:

Full strength by round 18, and won't lose a game from there onwards.

End up 16 - 6, and be grand finalists. Thats my opinion.

But as far as Judd goes, I suffered osteitis pubis for three years, as when it flared it was always named as a groin strain. Watch for him to play 2, rest 1 for games up until finals time, then as soon as the season's finished have an op to clear out osteitus pubis. They know thats what it is, but don't want to put that out there.

Shocking injury, and terribly difficult to shake fully.

Anytime you have a slump of any kind, there is a "purple hater" type poster who "points out the facts" and talks doom and gloom.

Fact we are third. Fact we are 8-4. Fact we played on the weekend without Judd, Cousins, Embley, Fletcher (thats 2 Brownlows, a Norm Smith and a bunch of AA's). For 2 or 3 years people have talked up our midfield and 4 of its best 5 players in that period were not playing. All will be back within a month (I mean consider the weekends game with those 4 in for say, Morton, LeCras, R Jones and *name random young player*. Who wins?

Last year we gave up the advantage of Top 2 by losing week 1. We still won the GF.

The teams all around us in the Top 4 at present have ZERO finals form. Not many premiers bob up in "year 1". I mean does anyone honestly think Hawthorn or the Pies will win the flag this year?

The threats are Adelaide and Geelong, both these sides are flawed and cannot beat us on a neutral ground or at Subi when we are at full strength.

Purple Hater needs to get a grip...

Full strength by round 18, and won't lose a game from there onwards.

End up 16 - 6, and be grand finalists. Thats my opinion.

But as far as Judd goes, I suffered osteitis pubis for three years, as when it flared it was always named as a groin strain. Watch for him to play 2, rest 1 for games up until finals time, then as soon as the season's finished have an op to clear out osteitus pubis. They know thats what it is, but don't want to put that out there.

Shocking injury, and terribly difficult to shake fully.

You can't simply clear out osteitus pubis with an operation. As far as I know, such surgery has the potential to do more harm than good.

The teams all around us in the Top 4 at present have ZERO finals form. Not many premiers bob up in "year 1". I mean does anyone honestly think Hawthorn or the Pies will win the flag this year?

Another myth. Side bob up all the time and win flags! and Collingwood are not in yr 1 nor is Geelong!

The threats are Adelaide and Geelong, both these sides are flawed and cannot beat us on a neutral ground or at Subi when we are at full strength.

Statement's like that are just silly, any side can beat anyone on the day. No one would have given St Kilda a snowballs chance in hell on Sunday.

Purple Hater needs to get a grip...

Bookmarked. I have a grip and it's with reality. The eagles have been playing fairly average football since round 5. It is now starting to bite and in the upcoming weeks it could bite hard. We will finish in the 8 but it won't be top 4! We could drop five of the next six quite easily and in the current form it wouldn't surprise me! Do that and we won't even be in the 8!

The truth is we have struggled away this year and haven't had an away win since beating the bottom side in Rd 5! With away games coming up against Adelaide (will beat us eventually and will be fired up after last years Prelim loss), Port who always seem to embarrass us, WB away and chuck in a derby inbetween, something has to give and Judd being out does not help!

May not be time to panic but something has to change and fairly quickly. Adelaide was the game last year that turned it around, will it be the same this year or will the hole just get deeper?

We match up well against the Crows and with Burton probably out (he usually tears us apart) and Goodwin in doubt its not about personnel.

Its going to be about team structure and game plan. If we're switched on we're a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're a game off top spot and there's talk of missing the top 8. :rolleyes:

You are also one game from falling out of the top 8 with a string of hard games coming up and no Judd, Embley, Cousins etc. Injuries have struck down many good teams over the years. Don't take it so hard if you miss the 8 because there is a chance of it happening. But if you can scrape into the top 8 and get those players back you could be the dark horse come finals time.

You are also one game from falling out of the top 8 with a string of hard games coming up and no Judd, Embley, Cousins etc. Injuries have struck down many good teams over the years. Don't take it so hard if you miss the 8 because there is a chance of it happening. But if you can scrape into the top 8 and get those players back you could be the dark horse come finals time.

There are 5 teams on 7 wins, we have 8. What do you think the chances are that 4 of those 5 teams end up higher on the ladder than us?... Very small? Me too.

You can't simply clear out osteitus pubis with an operation. As far as I know, such surgery has the potential to do more harm than good.

You could well be right, I ended up giving up playing serious level footy at age 18 because of the pain I was constantly in. It is caused by overworking and can be further hurt by running on hard surfaces. We used to do the lake monger runs and the concrete tracks are a hard surface. Did a time of 10:19. I'd be interested to see some West Coast times just to compare. I was in our top two, but I'd imagine I would be further down the pecking order when you consider West Coasts times.

Another myth. Side bob up all the time and win flags! and Collingwood are not in yr 1 nor is Geelong!

Statement's like that are just silly, any side can beat anyone on the day. No one would have given St Kilda a snowballs chance in hell on Sunday.

Bookmarked. I have a grip and it's with reality. The eagles have been playing fairly average football since round 5. It is now starting to bite and in the upcoming weeks it could bite hard. We will finish in the 8 but it won't be top 4! We could drop five of the next six quite easily and in the current form it wouldn't surprise me! Do that and we won't even be in the 8!

The truth is we have struggled away this year and haven't had an away win since beating the bottom side in Rd 5! With away games coming up against Adelaide (will beat us eventually and will be fired up after last years Prelim loss), Port who always seem to embarrass us, WB away and chuck in a derby inbetween, something has to give and Judd being out does not help!

May not be time to panic but something has to change and fairly quickly. Adelaide was the game last year that turned it around, will it be the same this year or will the hole just get deeper?

Sorry, sides "bob up all the time and win flags"??? When????

The last side that came from nowhere one year and won it the next was probably Adelaide 10 years ago. Hardly a regular occurence. The last team to win a flag that was not a finalist the previous year was Adelaide in 1997 - 10 years ago.

Any side can beat any side on a given day. BUT finals are somewhat different and to win a GF you have to win at least 2 other finals against the better sides. It was finals that exposed both the Dogs and the Dockers as pretenders last year. GF appearances are rarely fluked and premierships even less so.

The Eagles were playing similarly average football last year. The only difference was the comebacks re Geelong and Carlton (who are worse than the Saints and basically did the same thing to us in about the same round). We are 2 wins worse off because of those results.

The poorish form obviously makes us more vulnerable away, the loss of elite players makes us more vulnerable. The quality of those players and the win last year means that we are much more capable of winning a flag without finishing Top 2 (see Brisbane 2003).

As for your comments on Collingwood and Geelong, this is THIS Collingwoods first crack, 4 years since there last crack at it and last year they were a rabble by finals time. Geelong, I think I said were one of the 2 threats. I still believe they lack leadership and will be exposed on the G or Subi in finals. Adelaide cant run with our best midfield - they know it and we know it.

We need our better players back, we need to get some form back but you remain the typical negative nellie that actually thrives on the negative and the doomsday scenarios. Of course we might lose 5 or our next 6, we might not too. If we do, we arent good enough and we deserve to fail. Is that what you really believe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back