Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks Harry (and Dylan too). What are you thinking for the blue jumper? The blue GC currently use, a sky blue that people have been talking about or GC's current clash?
My thinking was sort of a sky blue, having the whole thing represent the sun in the sky. But that will probably make the monogram hard to make out, so you might have to darken it a bit :thumbsu:

I had a go at GC. St Mark got me worked up for this colour scheme.

dwiPoMd.png
Really like this..love the colour combo. I reckon they've steered away from this combo as there's been heaps of clubs that way that use them. But definitely think gold primary blue secondary and a bit of orange should've been their colours. Giants were clever getting on the orange. But one of them should've picked green!

My thinking was sort of a sky blue, having the whole thing represent the sun in the sky. But that will probably make the monogram hard to make out, so you might have to darken it a bit :thumbsu:

sFhafTj.png

I used Dylan's blue for this. This monogram doesn't look right on the clash so I abandoned it.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for a Gold Coast redesign. I actually don't mind their strip but the logo looks out of place. Here's what I came up with:

UlZA4zp.png

GmgaCPp.png
This logo looks very 80s to me. In fact, I could see them using this design if they were to release their own "retro" woolen jumpers.

The idea is there though. I think if you experimented with it, it could be really good.

This logo looks very 80s to me. In fact, I could see them using this design if they were to release their own "retro" woolen jumpers.

The idea is there though. I think if you experimented with it, it could be really good.

It's almost an 80s shopping mall or cinema like logo, but in a good way

My graphic design skills are non-existent, but I've given some thought to the "GC problem" and wonder what they would look like in a tri-panel of sorts?
The tri-panel is made up of red and yellow only, with a logo (any logo) in the middle.

Think of the below Carlton jumper with a wider stripe down the middle, the same size as St Kilda's.

Carlton-PS1.gif

Anyone care to mock it up for me and prove my ideas are as bad as my graphic design skills? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My graphic design skills are non-existent, but I've given some thought to the "GC problem" and wonder what they would look like in a tri-panel of sorts?
The tri-panel is made up of red and yellow only, with a logo (any logo) in the middle.

Think of the below Carlton jumper with a wider stripe down the middle, the same size as St Kilda's.

Carlton-PS1.gif

Anyone care to mock it up for me and prove my ideas are as bad as my graphic design skills? ;)
I created something similar when I was doing my other concepts but decided not to post it for whatever reason.
Wb7jCDR.png

Perhaps not exactly what you had in mind but I only had it as a png so I can't really go back and edit it.

I created something similar when I was doing my other concepts but decided not to post it for whatever reason.
Wb7jCDR.png

Perhaps not exactly what you had in mind but I only had it as a png so I can't really go back and edit it.
That's pretty much what I had in mind, only mine would be a full block of yellow (either down the middle or on the outside panels).

My logic is that the side panels look like a Macca's box, so why not turn them into proper panels.

That's pretty much what I had in mind, only mine would be a full block of yellow (either down the middle or on the outside panels).

My logic is that the side panels look like a Macca's box, so why not turn them into proper panels.
They'd look good in a version of East Freo's old jumper, maybe with yellow in the middle and reverse against Swans? Or else bring the blue in and have a tri-colour.
effc.png
As an aside, I always thought WCE were working towards a proper, St Kilda-style tri-colour. If they'd cleaned up the back and maybe lost the logo they'd have had a much more traditional jumper. Having said that, I'm glad they've gone back to a proper wings design.

They'd look good in a version of East Freo's old jumper, maybe with yellow in the middle and reverse against Swans? Or else bring the blue in and have a tri-colour.
View attachment 266015
As an aside, I always thought WCE were working towards a proper, St Kilda-style tri-colour. If they'd cleaned up the back and maybe lost the logo they'd have had a much more traditional jumper. Having said that, I'm glad they've gone back to a proper wings design.
Yep. That's a much better way of explaining my thoughts!

View attachment 266015
Pretty much exactly what I said on the previous page! Would be a ripping jumper.

Untitled 3.png
This is what I had in mind. Could put a blue circular band around the monogram to symbolise a sun in the sky.

Last edited:
I'll throw my hat in the ring for a Gold Coast redesign. I actually don't mind their strip but the logo looks out of place. Here's what I came up with:

UlZA4zp.png

I had a go, using yours as inspiration. I still think mine might be a bit too retro looking (maybe it's the circles reminding me of the old channel 7 logo).
GC Suns Logo Concept-01.png

Here's how it would look on the current jumper.
Gold Coast Home-02.png
And here it is with my proposed design.
Gold Coast Home-01.png

Edit: I just realised that it's very similar to this concept too.
2014 Gold Coast Suns logo

29ijkh.png

Edit 2: Changed size/spacing of the letters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back