Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They won't print our wings over the shoulder, why would they allow Richmonds sash to do that?
Because the wings extend halfway between the shoulder panels, so having them where they are makes no difference.

Because the wings extend halfway between the shoulder panels, so having them where they are makes no difference.
Makes no difference? Excuse me? It makes a world of difference.

Take this photo of Cuz in the wings. Notice how the wings end along the top of the shoulder. Makes the wings look fuller, and the top of jumper gold.
bencousins.jpg

Now take this picture of the current wings. The top of the jumper doesn't look gold, because the wings end far too early. Means the wings don't stand out as much as they possibly could.

GettyImages-533156002.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm probably in the minority, but the lack of a sash on the back doesn't fit too well with me. Especially with the way modern templates are, it would either be cut off slightly on the front, or overlap to the back a bit. It's sort of what I dislike a bit about Port's jumper with the chevrons not really 'attaching' to anything. I reckon yellow numbers with a (really) thick black outline would go alright on the yellow sash.

I'm probably in the minority, but the lack of a sash on the back doesn't fit too well with me. Especially with the way modern templates are, it would either be cut off slightly on the front, or overlap to the back a bit. It's sort of what I dislike a bit about Port's jumper with the chevrons not really 'attaching' to anything. I reckon yellow numbers with a (really) thick black outline would go alright on the yellow sash.
It would basically be an inverse of your clash.

This is similar to the changing of the Hawthorn jumper. A few years back the Hawks removed their white number panel in a throwback to the 80's.

Old panel:

Hawthorn-Hawks-2008-Premiers-Jumper-_1.jpg

New panel:

$_35.JPG

Old-old jumpers circa. 1980's (same as the current)

url.jpg

I think it might be a good move to change it back even for a few years just to see how it works. Even if it sucks they still make merchandise money so they can't lose :)

This is similar to the changing of the Hawthorn jumper. A few years back the Hawks removed their white number panel in a throwback to the 80's.

Old panel:

View attachment 311803

New panel:

View attachment 311804

Old-old jumpers circa. 1980's (same as the current)

View attachment 311802

I think it might be a good move to change it back even for a few years just to see how it works. Even if it sucks they still make merchandise money so they can't lose :)
If Hawthorn dropped the back stripes it'd be classy. Looks like every other striped team at the moment. Need that point of difference back.

I still don't know why clubs who can, don't change their jumpers a lot more. Hawthorn and the Bulldogs especially have elements you can drop, add, and change and they still represent historical periods and represent the club well. I would love the Hawks to go back to the yellow socks and plain back, looks heaps better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back