Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First interviews completed this week according to Alcock. Then deeper interviews.

Also mentioned that they are changing the process for member elected board members.

they are now going to get nominations and then select them themselves...Hmmm
Personally I'm no fan of democracy. It throws up idiots like Donald Trump and Kevin Rudd. Although the alternative of Board selection has inherent dangers also, I'm willing to give it a go. Might be our only chance to get some real grass-roots members on there. Certainly the current system isn't working.

There’s a difference between having a discussion and coming to a mutual decision and asking her permission like a puppy dog
True, but I think he was more talking about the discussion then the permission, probably could have used the word "blessing" but that's being a little pedantic. Or maybe I'm wrong and he needs to ask his wife if he's allowed to s**t, no judgement here, different strokes for different folks

First interviews completed this week according to Alcock. Then deeper interviews.

Also mentioned that they are changing the process for member elected board members.

But, but Callum Toomey said JLo hasn't been interviewed yet...

Surely Port Coogee is not the best place in Australia for an investment property?? Just did a quick search and the seoncd one listed was 3 bedroom with a pretty rocking view https://reiwa.com.au/66-9-coromandel-approach-north-coogee-4275854/
you'd need to be in it for the long haul. Still highly priced. I have three friends who have lost money in property there. Any decent capital growth is a long way off. There must be a thousand better suburbs around Australia that would offer a better investment opportunity. Smells like complete BS to me - unless he is hunting down Fyfe for a trade...

Personally I'm no fan of democracy. It throws up idiots like Donald Trump and Kevin Rudd. Although the alternative of Board selection has inherent dangers also, I'm willing to give it a go. Might be our only chance to get some real grass-roots members on there. Certainly the current system isn't working.

democracy is also the reason Rudd was only PM briefly. The problem with the alternative and "willing to give it a go" is if you don't like it, there's little you can do about it.

But, but Callum Toomey said JLo hasn't been interviewed yet...

I heard a snippet from an interview earlier in the day with Colin Young on Sport FM and he said Longmuir wasn't going to be meeting with Fremantle this week.
Not sure of the context, it being the weekend off for Collingwood, Whether it means he was expecting Fremantle to contact Longmuir this week for the interview or to confirm that he has the job.

Interview is up on their website.

Poor governance for Membership representatives on a Board. "It's tended to be a popularity contest so the Board (that I control) will now select (popularly) the appointed Member representatives". Hmmm indeed!

you'd need to be in it for the long haul. Still highly priced. I have three friends who have lost money in property there. Any decent capital growth is a long way off. There must be a thousand better suburbs around Australia that would offer a better investment opportunity. Smells like complete BS to me - unless he is hunting down Fyfe for a trade...
That's exactly my point... you wouldn't be a Victorian buying an apartment in Port Coogee for an investment!

I heard a snippet from an interview earlier in the day with Colin Young on Sport FM and he said Longmuir wasn't going to be meeting with Fremantle this week.
Not sure of the context, it being the weekend off for Collingwood, Whether it means he was expecting Fremantle to contact Longmuir this week for the interview or to confirm that he has the job.

Interview is up on their website.

Interviews this week to shortlist candidates. Maybe he is already shortlisted and out of respect they want minimal disruption to JLo during finals

Interviews this week to shortlist candidates. Maybe he is already shortlisted and out of respect they want minimal disruption to JLo during finals

Was thinking the same, maybe they're happy for him to go straight to a presentation to the selection panel. Even if they haven't met in person I can't believe they haven't been on the phone to him and moving things along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did you hear this? I thought they said they wouldn’t be providing running commentary?

Dean Solomon? No thanks.

I would think if on your resume is "long-time GC assistant" then you are immediately ruled out.

In 2008, Solomon was reported for elbowing Cameron Ling to the head which resulted in broken cheekbones and eye socket and Solomon received an 8-week suspension, the most severe AFL tribunal penalty in 11 years.

From wikipedia.^ He also got an inter-club suspension from coach Mark Harvey for getting drunk before a training session. Harvey called him 'unprofessional'.

Dean Solomon? No thanks.

I personally reckon he’d be a good fit as assistant. The boys could do with a bit more mongrel. By all accounts at GC he has good relationships with all of the players and is very well respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back