Recommitted Kamdyn McIntosh [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he has another year like 2020 teams will be taking notice and making nice offers to him with his free agency card in his back pocket it could mean a good pay day for Kamdyn - But the bloke is as loyal as they come and would most likely knock it back.

But for his sake if it is good cash i hope he goes for it as he has served the RFC well and deserves to cash in

If he has another year like 2020 teams will be taking notice and making nice offers to him with his free agency card in his back pocket it could mean a good pay day for Kamdyn - But the bloke is as loyal as they come and would most likely knock it back.

But for his sake if it is good cash i hope he goes for it as he has served the RFC well and deserves to cash in

I love KMac. He's quite weird and plays like a mongrel. He's not too flashy, but sometimes does some exquisite things. very good value for money player.

I love KMac. He's quite weird and plays like a mongrel. He's not too flashy, but sometimes does some exquisite things. very good value for money player.

I am sure he is a great guy and is a very hard worker, but I think his disposal and decision making is usually poor, especially under pressure.

Definitley would not have him at Carlton.

I am sure he is a great guy and is a very hard worker, but I think his disposal and decision making is usually poor, especially under pressure.

Good, one club less to try and poach him.

KMac's role at the RFC is to run like buggery and stop the oppo moving the ball down the wing whilst being one cog in the attacking machine. He isn't a star, but a very good role player. Your prototypical winger is mainly about attack and ball movement. They are about the 3rd and 4th things KMac does. So if you are looking at it that way, then you wouldn't want him.

Which of these players would you take at Carlton for the 2021 season and which players would you drop for them
McIntosh , Pickett , Astbury , Broad , Castagna , Graham , Riewoldt , Cotchin , Nankervis

Would replace newnes and setterfield easily

I understand your view.

The Carlton game plan isn’t built to include a hard running grunt defensive wing man.

Ideally a smooth mover like LOB would transition into an Andrew Gaff style runner for them, but I haven’t seen any sign of this happening, yet.

I like the way SPS moves but don’t know if he has the endurance to gut run in that position. 80 odd games in and his best position is still an unknown for me. Jack Martins another one for that position, but perhaps he’s more damaging up forward with his burst.

Newnes will suffice, as they have spent their $$$ on other areas of the field and need to save every penny to reward Cripps and McKay with mega contracts at seasons end.

If you @ Richmond rate him so highly, why has he no resigned? He is a battler punching above his weight.
He is contracted until the end of 2021 and is a free agent , Similar to cripps this is their pay day and his management would be looking to maximise their earnings.

I wouldnt really blame him if he takes the cash if there is a big deal on offer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you @ Richmond rate him so highly, why has he no resigned? He is a battler punching above his weight.

Why hasnt cripps re-signed?

Dont rate him at the blues?

Ridiculous logic lol

So if he is as loyal as they come why would he likely knock back an offer?

So if he is as loyal as they come why would he likely knock back an offer?
I will put it simply by using an example of an ex richmond player that was in the same situation

Brandon Ellis
Due to Richmond success of winning 3 premierships in 4 years and in the window for another 2 maybe 3 years need to replenish the list with star quality players to replace the Riewoldt , Cotchin , Grimes types and would be looking to bring in these types. Players like Ellis and McIntosh would need to fit into the lower bracket of the pay scale.

Ellis was offered $350k x 4 years at Richmond and his Gold Coast offer of $600k x 5 years was way too good for him to pass on and his loyalty to the RFC was evident but just not possible and has the right to think about his future and take that $3 mil compared to the $1.4 on offer at Richmond.

McIntosh could be in the same situation with North possibly offering him $1 million a year which Richmond could not match

I will put it simply by using an example of an ex richmond player that was in the same situation

Brandon Ellis
Due to Richmond success of winning 3 premierships in 4 years and in the window for another 2 maybe 3 years need to replenish the list with star quality players to replace the Riewoldt , Cotchin , Grimes types and would be looking to bring in these types. Players like Ellis and McIntosh would need to fit into the lower bracket of the pay scale.

Ellis was offered $350k x 4 years at Richmond and his Gold Coast offer of $600k x 5 years was way too good for him to pass on and his loyalty to the RFC was evident but just not possible and has the right to think about his future and take that $3 mil compared to the $1.4 on offer at Richmond.

McIntosh could be in the same situation with North possibly offering him $1 million a year which Richmond could not match
Right so if he takes the deal - like Ellis - he is not "as loyal as they come"? If he leaves you will need to retract the comment.

Lots of players get bigger offer's to leave but stay. Therefore - as loyal as they come.

Happy to offer 1 million but over 5 years. $200,000 a year looks like overs but you have to pay extra to get players.

Right so if he takes the deal - like Ellis - he is not "as loyal as they come"? If he leaves you will need to retract the comment.

Lots of players get bigger offer's to leave but stay. Therefore - as loyal as they come.

Happy to offer 1 million but over 5 years. $200,000 a year looks like overs but you have to pay extra to get players.
I am genuinely starting to question your age and intellect in this forum, Please if you are going to reply to my posts do so with some reasonable logic and make sense. A players loyalty should not be questioned when he receives an offer thats more than double what he could possibly earn and has the right to take an offer thats too good to refuse.

Nearly every half decent player could get more if they wanted to move, the difference with players like Ellis is it’s an extreme life changing difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back