Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you help me with that? How did it start?
It would have to be years in the making. If he only wanted to stay in Adelaide he could have told us and we would have left him for the Crows to draft. The whole thing was an elaborate ruse to get him to Port and it's been JHF's and Fabian's plan from a long way out imo.

I don't think it was personal between him and North, he would have done the same to any other club he was drafted to. It's the dishonesty that stinks.

Last edited:

It makes me ill to think that someone was stupid enough to create a Kane Cornes thread on the North Melbourne board, and that so many fellow idiots have felt the need to post in the thread. Including me. :sick::sick::sick:

View attachment 1663285

We chuck this in the thread title mod's ?
Conor Mckenna Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

You can't even boycott him. He is everywhere.

SEN, SEN1629 , on multiple radio shows
On 9, Footy classified, The Sunday Footy Show
The Age
Afl.com.au

Argh!
Yet another sign of The Age’s sad decline. They used to have a genuinely decent roster of footy writers when RoCo was there. Pathetic these days, along with the rest of the paper.

Yet another sign of The Age’s sad decline. They used to have a genuinely decent roster of footy writers when RoCo was there. Pathetic these days, along with the rest of the paper.

Yep

When Dwayne Russell would write the Friday night Roos thumping for Saturdays 5 kgs of paper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't reckon you'd be missing much by tuning out from all that.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Funny thing I often read the post on my iPhone3 and then go back to see who posted the comment. I knew that was your work.

I did giggle when another poster said the Corn doesn’t know when to stfu. The irony-ore was a rich vein.

So we’ve won 11 games in four years PP #1 thanks the Corn .

What has that got to do with me hating SA and the majority of the people that live there ?
Time we reduced their GST payments, sick of carrying them.

Board the ******* joint up, we will receive some select refugees from SA of course.

We’re not campaigners

LOL this ******* family

THE FALLOUT continues from the booing of Port Adelaide young gun Jason Horne-Francis, with Chad Cornes saying he is too young for the abuse and has done nothing wrong.

Cornes, an assistant coach at Port, revelled in the abuse from opposition fans when he played for the Power.
But he said on Monday there was a big difference from dealing with it at 19 to when Cornes was a villain to opposition fans in his mid-20s.
"I didn't start revelling in that until I was a bit older – I was 24-25 before that real hate from the Crows fans came towards me," he said.

"The amount you learn from 19 to 24-25 is a lot. But I did love it."
Port coach Ken Hinkley was fuming at the public treatment of the 19-year-old after Saturday night's tight win over the Western Bulldogs.

First Hinkley went to Horne-Francis for an animated conversation on the ground immediately after the final siren.Then Hinkley blasted fans and media in his post-game press conference, saying some people should be embarrassed by their behaviour.
Horne-Francis, the 2021 No.1 draft pick, left North Melbourne after one season to join Port.

He has not only been the topic of extensive media commentary but has also been targeted by booing from fans, including in Saturday's game.
Cornes said Horne-Francis seemed to be coping with the attention, but like Hinkley was bemused by the public focus on him and said he hadn't seen such a situation before.

"Where he is right now, he's really resilient, it doesn't seen to be bothering him. But again, I don't understand it all," Cornes said.

He praised Hinkley's very public and passionate defence of the youngster.

"I've seen that a little bit behind closed doors. When Ken speaks with real passion, I love it," Cornes said.

"He, like myself and like a lot of people, don't understand why there's so much attention on a 19-year-old kid who hasn't done anything wrong except leave a club."
Cornes' younger brother Kane, also a former Port player and now a provocative AFL media commentator, has been strident in his defence of Horne-Francis.

Chad was asked on Monday if perhaps Kane's comments had fuelled the fierceness of the debate around Horne-Francis.
"Kane has been really strong in his support of Jase and he's gone quite hard at North Melbourne, so that obviously gets a bit of pushback from North Melbourne supporters," Cornes said.

"But there are a few other prominent media figures who are the ones driving it a bit more than Kane – although at times, Kane can go a little bit overboard with his support of it.

"No doubt that does fuel it."
Chad was also asked if he had considered asking his brother to tone down his public comments about Horne-Francis.

"It's not my place. All-in-all he does a great job in the media," he said.

Port have now scored two tight wins after their Showdown loss and Cornes described the last fortnight's heroics as "gritty".

"It showed a lot about the boys' character and their want to win," he said.

"Previous to last year, we really prided ourselves on winning those close games, but last year, a lot happens when you're 0-5 – it's hard to come back from there."

Not sure why Kane would hold a grudge - we had to put up with him not being able to perform.
Old man Cornes lasted half the season all I remember him coming on to the ground at Arden st and flattening Mick Conlan as a pay back for Conlan doing the same to John Burns.

JHF should thank his lucky stars that he isn’t playing you guy’s in Melbourne because he would be getting booed out of the stadium

They play the Saints in two week at Marvel, that supporter group will unleash on him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back