Coach Kenny Hinkley - should he stay or should he go (or will he be here until the end of time)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it officially a drought in 2023?

Why isnt it a drought now? What am i missing
well, my definition of a drought is when you haven't landed a flag for more years than there are teams in the competition, hence 19.
Please send ken to GWS.

The players seem to love Kenny even though their supporters don’t
And there lies the problem. Players aren't supposed to 'love' their coach, and Hinkley shouldn't just be a fatherly figure who engages in greyhound syndicates with his players.

It's an elite performance environment and his job is to get the most out of his players. He has failed miserably in that category time and time again.

He would be perfect for Essendon though

Agree re Pyke, a very underrated coach.
Would need to provide real evidence that he has learned and changed his motivational style since his time at Adelaide to be made a head coach again. He definitely is very smart tactically and I think he’s been a big part of Sydney’s recent success, but the whole camp saga suggests he did not really understand the individual needs of his players and was very stubborn in his approach, even as things started to unravel.

I also think he’d have to do a lot of hard work early to win the players over as they’re naturally going to be biased against him with everything in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port should axe him and bring in old boy Adam Kingsley.

Hinkley said he's happy in SA didn't he? wants to see out the last year of his contract
He says that now but if another club offers him a multi year deal would that security be enough to sway him?

It’s a bit of an open secret in SA that Port would have sacked him on multiple instances if they felt they could afford to pay him out. With his contract up he probably needs a minimum top four finish next season to keep his job, it could work out well for both parties if Ken was offered a longer contract elsewhere and took it.

Actually it's two flags in the last 60 years, which is more than Port Adelaide have in their history btw.

Re: tanking, that was so long ago now the coach that was in charge at the time has been dead for 10 years and the last priority pick we got retired years ago (as a Port Adelaide player, on less).

I don't think Port need to tank personally- I think your list is pretty good. Certainly better than finishing two or three spots out of the eight!

10 Years is such a long time meanwhile the 2nd flag you are bragging about was in checks notes 1964.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back