Kyabram DFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How will they go Hank tell us a bit about them
Both will be very handy players, Shannon has done jobs on Rhys Archard and Tyrone Downie over the years, but is also versatile and can play fwd, back or through the midfield in his own right, missed the last half of the season through OP. Dipped his foot into a coaching role this season as my AC, spent the last half of the season observing off the bench, will be a steep learning curve for him still but good on him for having a crack.
Mello, versatile big man could play in the ruck or key position at both ends.

Both will be very handy players, Shannon has done jobs on Rhys Archard and Tyrone Downie over the years, but is also versatile and can play fwd, back or through the midfield in his own right, missed the last half of the season through OP. Dipped his foot into a coaching role this season as my AC, spent the last half of the season observing off the bench, will be a steep learning curve for him still but good on him for having a crack.
Mello, versatile big man could play in the ruck or key position at both ends.

Tucker will be a big loss for you Hank. His toughness in the contest and ability to win the hard ball will be tough to replace.

Ok so I see coaches are on the agenda.
Tucker to Gig, good move for Gig! Bertoli staying at Lancaster, good for the young blokes out there.
Any other coaches decided for next year?
Actually did hear that a thirds coach was appointed to Lancaster. Now please tell me if I'm wrong but isn't it customary to advertise for such positions? I only ask because I do see positions advertised quite often. Or is that only if they have no one step forward?? Another rumour to go with this is that he was appointed approx 3 weeks ago. Now I have asked some people I know out that way who will have thirds there and they have no knowledge of this appointment and that if the name of said person is correct they will seriously reconsider playing out there! Gotta love the controversy, gives us something to chat about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recruiting coaches at any level is becoming increasingly difficult and baseless scuttlebutt is one of the reasons. Under age coaches usually receive no remuneration and as long as they have a WWC, AFLVic accreditation and the support of the Club then parents should be grateful and put their hand up to assist. There is no doubt that there are people coaching who will push their own agenda but there are many more who have done well out of the game and haven't put back. Kids will do one of two things, follow mates or chase a flag and some coaches have been guilty of recruiting by promising the impossible. It's always easier to follow someone else than to say that you made a choice based on your own convictions.

Ok so I see coaches are on the agenda.
Tucker to Gig, good move for Gig! Bertoli staying at Lancaster, good for the young blokes out there.
Any other coaches decided for next year?
Actually did hear that a thirds coach was appointed to Lancaster. Now please tell me if I'm wrong but isn't it customary to advertise for such positions? I only ask because I do see positions advertised quite often. Or is that only if they have no one step forward?? Another rumour to go with this is that he was appointed approx 3 weeks ago. Now I have asked some people I know out that way who will have thirds there and they have no knowledge of this appointment and that if the name of said person is correct they will seriously reconsider playing out there! Gotta love the controversy, gives us something to chat about.
Name???

Violet Town are early movers for next year, Ash Hobbs to return from yea, along with Pat Horsborough from Euroa expected to do so also.
Anyone on here know much about the salary cap that is coming in. Don't know how it is going to be monitored. I hear stanhope offered a ex afl player 35000 for next season. Going to be very interesting to see how they bend the rules again.

Anyone on here know much about the salary cap that is coming in. Don't know how it is going to be monitored. I hear stanhope offered a ex afl player 35000 for next season. Going to be very interesting to see how they bend the rules again.
If he gets named coach then only half of his payments go into the salary I believe , can someone verify this .
And if that's true it still leaves $68k to spend on players with the salary cap being $85k

They don't bend the rules They Cheat ???

Still trying to confirm the name. Asked a few people from a few clubs and they have not heard of a coach being named yet! Apparently lancy presentation night next Friday so maybe will be announced then. Like I said rumours only. Thought someone on here might have known that's why I brought it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back