Kyabram District FL -Mark II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Avenel got up against Lancy today? Can anyone give a rundown of how they managed this? Who stood up for the swans?

LAN - 32
AVE - 37

Good win by the Swannies to come from behind at three quarter time. This loss could hurt Lanky come August.

LAN - 32
AVE - 37

Good win by the Swannies to come from behind at three quarter time. This loss could hurt Lanky come August.

Great last QTR from the boys. Jed Smith kicked a couple of great goals, including a nice torp.

Then big Subba "Dunstall" Arandt finished it off with a torp from the centre square that slid through. Which wasn't bad considering the conditions and the fact that the previous longest kick for the day was about 30 mtrs.

It was a great team effort (we were given a few free kicks in the last term that I'm not sure existed). but the best thing for me was with only a minute or so left. The oldest bloke in the side, Macca ran 150 meters to put pressure on one of the lanky blokes. He got there just in time to effect the kick, and caused a turn over. It was efforts like that in the last five minutes is why Avenel got over the line.

Great last QTR from the boys. Jed Smith kicked a couple of great goals, including a nice torp.

Then big Subba "Dunstall" Arandt finished it off with a torp from the centre square that slid through. Which wasn't bad considering the conditions and the fact that the previous longest kick for the day was about 30 mtrs.

It was a great team effort (we were given a few free kicks in the last term that I'm not sure existed). but the best thing for me was with only a minute or so left. The oldest bloke in the side, Macca ran 150 meters to put pressure on one of the lanky blokes. He got there just in time to effect the kick, and caused a turn over. It was efforts like that in the last five minutes is why Avenel got over the line.

Go Swannies :thumbsu:

Just a quick report from stanny and undera, Stanhope played very smart footy and it showed on the score board early. It took undera till half time to come out with some kind of show. Big talking point might be out of the game was big aaron james lowering his flag and after a scuffle turned on a member of the crowd and was enraged with the field umpire giving him a red card for his efforts. Might be the end for the big fella who was named to kick 250+ for the year.

what happened with aarron james today heard he may of slapped a spectator is this true. if so that would have to be career over.
A.J. slapped a spectator in last year's granny, and threw his hat and sunnies in the gutter, nothing ever came of that! I must say the spectator probably deserved it and did'nt take it to badly.

went to the game also mappo and must say it was a good win by avenel. arant number 30 was briliant for avenel. marking the wet ball when no one else could. must comment on the umpiring and how bad it was. at one stage avenel kicked a goal after 3 free kicks in a row. it was an old guy who looked like the monopoly man, does anyone know who he is. i know a few of the lancy players were filthy on him.
on another note i reckon lancy sustained injuries as well. thomas, mitchell and i think there were others. anyone know anything, Cosby??

Just a quick report from stanny and undera, Stanhope played very smart footy and it showed on the score board early. It took undera till half time to come out with some kind of show. Big talking point might be out of the game was big aaron james lowering his flag and after a scuffle turned on a member of the crowd and was enraged with the field umpire giving him a red card for his efforts. Might be the end for the big fella who was named to kick 250+ for the year.

i wont be suprised if he gets off lightley as the league probably cant afford to loose a player of his status to not be playing. its these sort of blokes that they just slap on the wrist (merry pekka, or is it harley davidson boy perry mecka) and let off with a slight warning. and when a lesser known player does it, they throw the book at them to make a point.
But thats the KDL for you. anyway, i'll give him 2 to 4 weeks.

i wont be suprised if he gets off lightley as the league probably cant afford to loose a player of his status to not be playing. its these sort of blokes that they just slap on the wrist (merry pekka, or is it harley davidson boy perry mecka) and let off with a slight warning. and when a lesser known player does it, they throw the book at them to make a point.
But thats the KDL for you. anyway, i'll give him 2 to 4 weeks.

the league should throw the book at him. what a disgrace, the man cant control his anger. sure, hes a good player for the league, but his actions tarnish the leagues rep. should be out for the rest of the season. also heard he threatned to kill the umpire and was in a punch on with undera's full back. all this combined, plus previous offences in other leagues, he should be gone for the season. at least.

went to the game also mappo and must say it was a good win by avenel. arant number 30 was briliant for avenel. marking the wet ball when no one else could. must comment on the umpiring and how bad it was. at one stage avenel kicked a goal after 3 free kicks in a row. it was an old guy who looked like the monopoly man, does anyone know who he is. i know a few of the lancy players were filthy on him.
on another note i reckon lancy sustained injuries as well. thomas, mitchell and i think there were others. anyone know anything, Cosby??

I made a mention of the umpires. To be honest, I think the last QTR went our way, however over the course of the game it would of been pretty even.

I have seen worse. (and I have been known to be a little critical in this topic).

the league should throw the book at him. what a disgrace, the man cant control his anger. sure, hes a good player for the league, but his actions tarnish the leagues rep. should be out for the rest of the season. also heard he threatned to kill the umpire and was in a
punch on with undera's full back
. all this combined, plus previous offences in other leagues, he should be gone for the season. at least.
good work mcMurtrie probably the only bloke with in 6 inches height wise and shoulder width from big A.J in the league. dont worry mainland boys will be on here offering excuses soon>>>>>>>>>>>:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, we had a couple out as it was, then after half time had no bench as Thomo broke his wrist, A.Portia twanged a hammy and Troy Mitchell hurt his knee. It was just a s**t, s**t day of footy for us.
Avenel also had no bench after 3/4 time.

Just on the umpiring, and I know both teams were out on the ground and had to deal with them, but alot of our players were asking what the hell was going on in that last quarter, with some shocking decisions going agaisnt us, and especially when we noticed that the one umpire, who had a penchant for finding Avenel frees in their forward line, found his way to the opposite end of the ground in the last quarter and started paying them against us up our end as well. :rolleyes:
Isn't it illegal for the umpires to swap ends in the middle of a quarter?

...And this fool paid one of the most ridiculous frees against us I've ever seen. Corey Carver has the ball 35 metres out from the Avenel goal, is ten metres clear of anyone, looks to switch the ball but just as he is about to dispose of the ball by foot he decides not to kick it, fumbles the ball as he does so and it hits the deck. he then scoops it up ready to pass it off to me....but the whistle goes, and this complete tossbag of an umpire pays a 'throw' against him, because he says he threw the ball to the ground.....A throw!! FFS.

Anyway, regardless of what we thought of the umpiring in that last quarter, you only sound like bad losers when you blame their decisions (and I'm a very bad loser, no doubt), and we lost a winnable game of football thru some pretty average play at times.

If AJ gets a week, correct me if im wrong here, would he not be banned for life? as a player cannot be suspended for more than 16 weeks..

could anyone clarify that?

I could be wrong but I don't think weeks supsended in metro leagues go towards a VCFL tally, and any weeks suspended prior to this new system coming into play weren't carried over??? :confused:

If AJ gets a week, correct me if im wrong here, would he not be banned for life? as a player cannot be suspended for more than 16 weeks..

could anyone clarify that?

Yeah couldnt tell ya mate, but in all honesty, my opinion, he will just get a slap on the wrists, and be sent on his way back to stanny to play the next week, i mean, look at his profile, that pretty much gets him out of it.
how the heck he couldnt take it from one specatator, in country footy, i'll never know.... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

how in the heck can he not take abuse from one or two country fellas?? also something that i'll never figure out is, when he used to have a gig in the big show.. how did he not lash out at spectators every game there..?? :confused::confused:
does he have something against country footy or something??

good work mcMurtrie probably the only bloke with in 6 inches height wise and shoulder width from big A.J in the league. dont worry mainland boys will be on here offering excuses soon>>>>>>>>>>>:p

Lastline, it was a great stoush between the two biggest guys in the comp, reminded me of a school yard fight, everyone circling around but no one willing to get in between them.

Re: Kyabram District FL

anyone be able to tell me how vt are traveling?ive seen the scores and stuff but wondering if anyone can shed any more light on how they have been playing, the best players, where other teams think vt are at and so on, havent heard much from the vt lads since ive been in the uk, just looking for any info really

Patty Ryan just shock his head in disgust when I asked how the vt boys went on sat. Gezza Ryan told me that vt are going to struggle all year unless they have the full list on the park. A few injuries on the sidelines and they got done by Murchison by 33pts which is probably a worse loss for them than if they lost to Stanhope by 10-15goals.:mad: P.S. I told them if they really want to be on a regular losing team this year to come and play with their cous' over here at Tat.

Yeah couldnt tell ya mate, but in all honesty, my opinion, he will just get a slap on the wrists, and be sent on his way back to stanny to play the next week, i mean, look at his profile, that pretty much gets him out of it.
how the heck he couldnt take it from one specatator, in country footy, i'll never know.... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

how in the heck can he not take abuse from one or two country fellas?? also something that i'll never figure out is, when he used to have a gig in the big show.. how did he not lash out at spectators every game there..?? :confused::confused:

Do you think he would have heard 1 or 2 out of 50,000 people
He has copped abuse from spectators in every league since he left the AFL, some of the things i heard some say when he played in the RDFL, Gee if what i heard was said to most people they would be locked up for murder. I guess people see his frustration and play on it and attack it, instead of just admiring him for what he can do on the field.

I very much doubt that he will only get a slap on the wrist. He apparently put a leg over the fence to slap the guy and it was caught on camera. Mind you the spectator didnt even spill his beer. Even so you just cant let that go by.

I feel sorry for AJ in regards to the abuse he cops, but he really should be able to ignore it. The more times you respond the more often peanuts will start yelling rubbish.

I very much doubt that he will only get a slap on the wrist. He apparently put a leg over the fence to slap the guy and it was caught on camera. Mind you the spectator didnt even spill his beer. Even so you just cant let that go by.

I feel sorry for AJ in regards to the abuse he cops, but he really should be able to ignore it. The more times you respond the more often peanuts will start yelling rubbish.
What gives a person the right to carry on in this matter?
It should be the responsability of the home club to keep these "peanuts" out?
Oh my did A. James do it again?????:D

A.J. slapped a spectator in last year's granny, and threw his hat and sunnies in the gutter, nothing ever came of that! I must say the spectator probably deserved it and did'nt take it to badly.

i see on apr 4th on the other KDFL thread you put headline of the year : A James to get 25 weeks, not sure if he will get that many but it was almost spot on. :thumbsu:

Can you please pretend that you come from stanhope or somewhere else

Can you please pretend that you come from stanhope or somewhere else

wtf? shoosh fool.
why dont ya expand on that please....
can u please pretend that you actually show an interest in what were talking about! and one more thing, can ya please pretend that u actually wanna talk serious on here instead of sh!t! and that you have something interesting to say!

gud team bloke u r! (especailly picking on a team mate, on here, and also at the footy the other week (right after he burried his best mate) you had to be a typical twit, and again lip off to him, low low act!!)

any way big AJ if anything, would probably be the easiest target to pick on in our league, because of just who he is and has been over the past couple of decades. i agree with ya there old hopper.
but yeah silly actions from the big fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back