Kyabram District FL -Mark II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gives a person the right to carry on in this matter?
It should be the responsability of the home club to keep these "peanuts" out?
Oh my did A. James do it again?????:D

Welcome back Cellar, I am sure Jamesy will get more weeks than you did on this website!:D:D

I have had a look in the Shep News today and they seem to think that there could be a loop hole that could see the last 16 weeks big AJ got rubbed out for not count to him being deregistered.

The Riddle league is in a Metro comp so the he not been suspended under the VCFL, could anyone tell me if they have the same rule in the Metro comp that if you accumulate 16 or more games in suspensions you are deregistered for life?

I have had a look in the Shep News today and they seem to think that there could be a loop hole that could see the last 16 weeks big AJ got rubbed out for not count to him being deregistered.

The Riddle league is in a Metro comp so the he not been suspended under the VCFL, could anyone tell me if they have the same rule in the Metro comp that if you accumulate 16 or more games in suspensions you are deregistered for life?

Hard to see why it wouldn't be recognised otherwise deregistered or suspended players could be encouraged to swap between the 2 organisations .

Hard to see why it wouldn't be recognised otherwise deregistered or suspended players could be encouraged to swap between the 2 organisations .

I would think that the rule would cover Football Victoria not just Country or Metro.

I thought that it was a Football Victoria ruling which would apply equally to both VCFL and VMFL competitions as well as the VAFA.

If so, then he will need to find a new sport....

I thought that it was a Football Victoria ruling which would apply equally to both VCFL and VMFL competitions as well as the VAFA.

If so, then he will need to find a new sport....

One would hope that he finds a sport without a stick or bat in it.

I was told once be a person from Stanhope, he is a good bloke but he is a time bomb that is waiting to go off.

The boys from the RDFL have given me this info.

AFL Victoria (and therefore all affiliated clubs and associations) have brought in the 16 week rule (referred to as the deregistration policy - refer the AFL Victoria site for the policy http://www.aflvic.com.au/index.php?id=8 - this is to stop serial offenders. The new transfer rules also ensure that a player's history follows when he/she moves clubs and leagues.

As an affiliated association, the RDFL has this rule but with the override that the player's history commences from (I think) 2 years ago so everyone started with a clean slate.

I'm a new fella to BigFooty. I played for UFNC last year, was wondering if anyone could tell me who the spectator was that AJ love-tapped?

Yeah, we had a couple out as it was, then after half time had no bench as Thomo broke his wrist, A.Portia twanged a hammy and Troy Mitchell hurt his knee. It was just a s**t, s**t day of footy for us.
Avenel also had no bench after 3/4 time.

Just on the umpiring, and I know both teams were out on the ground and had to deal with them, but alot of our players were asking what the hell was going on in that last quarter, with some shocking decisions going agaisnt us, and especially when we noticed that the one umpire, who had a penchant for finding Avenel frees in their forward line, found his way to the opposite end of the ground in the last quarter and started paying them against us up our end as well. :rolleyes:
Isn't it illegal for the umpires to swap ends in the middle of a quarter?

...And this fool paid one of the most ridiculous frees against us I've ever seen. Corey Carver has the ball 35 metres out from the Avenel goal, is ten metres clear of anyone, looks to switch the ball but just as he is about to dispose of the ball by foot he decides not to kick it, fumbles the ball as he does so and it hits the deck. he then scoops it up ready to pass it off to me....but the whistle goes, and this complete tossbag of an umpire pays a 'throw' against him, because he says he threw the ball to the ground.....A throw!! FFS.

Anyway, regardless of what we thought of the umpiring in that last quarter, you only sound like bad losers when you blame their decisions (and I'm a very bad loser, no doubt), and we lost a winnable game of football thru some pretty average play at times.
Speaking of bad decisions!!!! Whilst waiting for the ball to be returned to the middle after a goal, Willy Sanders [playing on-ball] and Perry Meka standing at CHF were engaging in some friendly banter of the verbal kind, something about Willy leaving Ardy [Meka] and why he did so [Sanders] no-one else was involed, when the ball was finally returned Alan Muntz[umpire] tossed it to Willy and said have a free kick, when quizzed on the decision Muntzy said it was because Perry had SLEDGED him. Well blow me down.

I'm not sure if it was in fact the spectator who said it or an opponent before the scufffle, but if the rumour is true about what was said to James before he lost his cool then I don't blame him one bit.

Everyone knows that sledging is a part of football, but there's a line and from what I hear, and I say again, if it's true, it was crossed by a long, long way.

Today's News Article.
No escape if guilty

Nervous wait: Stanhope’s Aaron James’ future hinges on tomorrow night’s tribunal hearing.

May 22 2008
Shepparton News

Stanhope's Aaron James is facing deregistration if he is suspended for either charge he is contesting at the Kyabram District Football League tribunal tomorrow night.
Victorian Country Football League north east area manager John O'Donoghue yesterday confirmed the potential loophole in the system - where the 15-match suspension he received in the Riddell Football League would not carry over because the league is not affiliated with the VCFL - is over-ruled by AFL Victoria's deregistration policy.
James, who played at AFL level with Collingwood, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs, is facing one count of striking and one count of misconduct after last Saturday's victory against Undera.
Under the AFL Victoria guidelines, any player who accumulates 16 weeks' suspension during a senior career is automatically deregistered and not allowed to re-register in any affiliated league ever again.
"The policy is in place and the suspension from the Riddell Football League carries over," O'Donoghue said.
"There was a bit of a grey area over the specifics earlier in the week, but if he gets suspended for a week or more, then the policy will come into play."
AFL Victoria community football development manager Peter McDougall said the policy had been in place for the past four years.
"It was brought in place to eliminate repeat offenders from the game and 16 weeks was the level we thought was acceptable," McDougall said.
"We want all of our players to be comfortable out on the ground and if we have to remove a few people to get to that level, that's what we'll do."
Since the rule was introduced about 30 players have been deregistered, but they all have the right of appeal.
"We've had quite a few appeals, with two players granted re-registration this year, but if they reoffend, they have no right of appeal and are not allowed to play permanently," he said.
"If players behave themselves then we don't have a problem, but we won't be finding excuses for someone who has been suspended for 16 weeks or more."
James will front the tribunal at the Shepparton RSL at 8 pm tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if it was in fact the spectator who said it or an opponent before the scufffle, but if the rumour is true about what was said to James before he lost his cool then I don't blame him one bit.

Everyone knows that sledging is a part of football, but there's a line and from what I hear, and I say again, if it's true, it was crossed by a long, long way.
I second that, and if we are on about the same thing. the rumors are very tru indeed...

wtf? shoosh fool.
why dont ya expand on that please....
can u please pretend that you actually show an interest in what were talking about! and one more thing, can ya please pretend that u actually wanna talk serious on here instead of sh!t! and that you have something interesting to say!

gud team bloke u r! (especailly picking on a team mate, on here, and also at the footy the other week (right after he burried his best mate) you had to be a typical twit, and again lip off to him, low low act!!).
You are a fool. How dont i show an interest and dont be a hypocrite you talk nonstop sh1it on here. Im tryin to stop u from sayin dumb things im not gunna pick on u. The other week i said a harmless joke that you took the wrong way. Not like i was tryin to stir you after u were at a funeral i was makin a joke about footy not about ur mate how is that low.

If what was said was so bad, i reckon the big fella would have done more than that little fairy slap i saw on t.v, but come on boys keep the excuses coming;)

Being in the coaches box I was a fair way away from the incident so i can't say if anything was said. What I can say is that in two training sessions since not one person has said anything about anything being said.

Also there were many stanhope people in the same shed as the Undera people where the off field incident ocurred. I would have expected something else to have ocurred if something so bad was said.

I also spoke to the umpires after the game. They were in close vicinity and didn't mention anything.

Also many Stanhope and Undera players and officials drank together that night in the rooms for the Paul Barbour cup. Again not one thing about something bad having been said was mentioned to myself, or our president or anyone.

As I said I can't say categorically what was said or wasn't but the evidence doesn't seem to add up at the moment.

just thought id share the info that girgarre is in the poo, they are spending big dollars on new recruits and its sending all the local players to other clubs, give it 2 years and gig will be struggling for numbers and wont have any money left to buy there team

tips in,

murch v nag
gig v ardy
tally v merri
stanny v vt
av v und
lanky v rushy

murch/naggers game the only one up in the air but have to side with the boys.

just thought id share the info that girgarre is in the poo, they are spending big dollars on new recruits and its sending all the local players to other clubs, give it 2 years and gig will be struggling for numbers and wont have any money left to buy there team

You're only a month or two late on that bandwagon cob.

Being in the coaches box I was a fair way away from the incident so i can't say if anything was said. What I can say is that in two training sessions since not one person has said anything about anything being said.

Also there were many stanhope people in the same shed as the Undera people where the off field incident ocurred. I would have expected something else to have ocurred if something so bad was said.

I also spoke to the umpires after the game. They were in close vicinity and didn't mention anything.

Also many Stanhope and Undera players and officials drank together that night in the rooms for the Paul Barbour cup. Again not one thing about something bad having been said was mentioned to myself, or our president or anyone.

As I said I can't say categorically what was said or wasn't but the evidence doesn't seem to add up at the moment.

Do the spectators not say anything, surely if somebody is yelling out disgraceful calls or personally abusing one of your clubs players, somebody would tell them to shut up, what do they do sit in the corner with a hot cup of coco.

Also does anybody know why your tribunal is held on a friday night, surely not a good preperation for somebody thats up and gets off. Also what happens if the decision is to go to appeal, is that player allowed to play until the appeal is heard. I know our league looked at a friday tribunal but threw it out do to the possability of any appeal.

Do the spectators not say anything, surely if somebody is yelling out disgraceful calls or personally abusing one of your clubs players, somebody would tell them to shut up, what do they do sit in the corner with a hot cup of coco.

Also does anybody know why your tribunal is held on a friday night, surely not a good preperation for somebody thats up and gets off. Also what happens if the decision is to go to appeal, is that player allowed to play until the appeal is heard. I know our league looked at a friday tribunal but threw it out do to the possability of any appeal.

Not a good reason not to have it on a friday, an appeal usually doesnt happen on the same week as the first hearing is held, doesn't matter if the tribunal sit on Tuesday or Friday. (Yes you can keep playing until your appeal is heard)
Agree Friday is not the best night for a sides preparation, tribunal hearings should be held before thursday night so clubs can pick their sides accordingly.

I am pretty sure mooroopna man was alluding to the fact that there wasn't any personal abuse or disgraceful calls made, as no one has made mention of it after the game or at training since.

But then again you were probably 180 ks from the action so you probably know more than any of the supporters sitting in the corner with their cups of coco.

When should this league have the tribunal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back