News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still find it strange you guys think Brisbane targeted Neale out of the blue as a fully contracted player.. from SA.. playing in WA.
Hardly makes an obvious recruitment target

Neale approached Brisbane guys... a number of months ago infact.
He's gone. It is all about what we have to cough up now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still find it strange you guys think brisbane targeted Neale out of the blue as a fully contracted player.. from SA.. playing in WA.
Hardly makes a golden recruitment target a team in Brissy.

Neale approached Brisbane guys... a number of months ago. He's gone. It is all about what we have to cough up now.
Brisbane talked to Neale two years ago actually..

I still find it strange you guys think brisbane targeted Neale out of the blue as a fully contracted player.. from SA.. playing in WA.
Hardly makes a golden recruitment target a team in Brissy.

Neale approached Brisbane guys... a number of months ago. He's gone. It is all about what we have to cough up now.

What do you think you will cough up? Reckon Starcevich might be available as part of deal?

4 isn't enough even in this draft. 4 and 22 is still not enough but IMO getting closer.

I'd want 4 and next years 1st round but then Brissy will probably just wait it out.
Yeah it is really 5 and 25-30

5 and 15 is probably fair for Neale

I would prefer 5, 25-30, 2019 2nd for Neale

Or

5, 50ish, 2019 1st for our 2019 2nd and Neale

Or best case Neale for Cam Rayner (lol)

What do you think you will cough up? Reckon Starcevich might be available as part of deal?
Would be shocked if Starce was part of the trade. He has shown some good signs and has already extened his contract with us.

He is part of the reason why we dont feel the need to go to the draft again this year in a big way.

We already have all the young talent we need. We just need a few more ready made players to become more competitive short term to fast track a winning culture.

So its possible... but bloody unlikely

NAH............... You guys would have called Tom and said we have 4mil over 5 years, a top 5 pick and we want your midget.........
There are much more obvious and likely targets. Nope... not from us guys.... but we're gonna sure as hell take him with open arms.. and our picks.

Dont you find it strange that clubs like North or St Kilda or Bulldogs aren't clambering for him? Flying him down to Melbourne etc?

This is about more money yes... but it's also and about going to the Lions... Which I too am curious about.
We'll find together when it's all done.

Last edited:
I still find it strange you guys think Brisbane targeted Neale out of the blue as a fully contracted player.. from SA.. playing in WA.

Seems just as strange that Neale rang his manager out of the blue one day and said "Tell the other 17 clubs **** off, its Brisbane or bust for me."

Neale was always going to be negotiating a new contract about now (and its the big one) the managers/clubs all communicate cause no one wants to miss out for not having asked the question. My guess is Neale and his manager decided to put it out there that he was open to suggestions, Brisbane's reply got his interest and its been building up from there.

Brisbane have been chasing Linc a while too - so not sure why you think this is being driven by Neale & Linc because you only just found out about it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back