Preview Leg End's Official Match Preview vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaches have woken up to the slingshot style and in 2012 we didn't have power forwards in Buddy and Tippett so the slingshot worked , now with them power forwards we have to adapt and a use the them to our advantage and have a forward structure which we are still having trouble with. There is not point of having Buddy and Tippett in the defensive half , we need to change our style
Be interesting to see what Horse has in mind when Tippett returns

Who Knows
I reckon Punts he has a juggling act with
so many senior players, a potential premiership (if all the stars return to the side) and
he definitely has to retire some senior legends at the end of this year and next year.
He also has to promote some of our junior talent.

I reckon Punts he has a juggling act with
so many senior players, a potential premiership (if all the stars return to the side) and
he definitely has to retire some senior legends at the end of this year and next year.
He also has to promote some of our junior talent.
Well with the list we have not to get to a PF at least ( injuries permitted ) would be a huge disappointment for club/players , fans and bit of a laugh for the rest of the comp in the way we have gone and got 2 power forwards

Well with the list we have not to get to a PF at least ( injuries permitted ) would be a huge disappointment for club/players , fans and bit of a laugh for the rest of the comp in the way we have gone and got 2 power forwards
With respect we have only one power forward and one power mid/winger
Reid does not have the presence in the FF position to hold it and command respect. Pyke is the closest we have and he is busy rucking. Budweiser is like Goodes cruising around creating havoc but not standing at FF. We bought a mid when we bought Franklin. When Tippett is out what is our game plan ?
When Tippett is in how different is our game plan ? I know it should be different.
What is our forward struture ? I dont know. I look at other sides I know less about but I know what their best structure is.

What I want to see: composure with ball in hand and generally, intensity in hunting the ball w. Don't really care who's in the team as long as they can execute those 2 things.
Was thinking exactly that when watching Essendon last night

With respect we have only one power forward and one power mid/winger
Reid does not have the presence in the FF position to hold it and command respect. Pyke is the closest we have and he is busy rucking. Budweiser is like Goodes cruising around creating havoc but not standing at FF. We bought a mid when we bought Franklin. When Tippett is out what is our game plan ?
When Tippett is in how different is our game plan ? I know it should be different.
What is our forward struture ? I dont know. I look at other sides I know less about but I know what their best structure is.
Buddy has kicked 580 goals mate , regardless if he cant mark his head at times he is a power forward not a winger , if we use the ball properly ala Hawks we should hit him up the lead on a regular bas

Buddy has kicked 580 goals mate , regardless if he cant mark his head at times he is a power forward not a winger , if we use the ball properly ala Hawks we should hit him up the lead on a regular bas
So does he stand at FF leading or cruising around ala Goodes creating havoc
I see his best goals being kicked from way out. His first last weekend was a beauty on the left about 50m out. For the Hawks some of his best were out on the left wing absolute screamers.
He is not a stay at home FF.
I think until Tip gets up and running our forward structure will be mostly mids doing what we did early last year. A spread of goals to a bunch of players.
Buddy is no power forward ala Cloke. He can kick Coleman goals but not sitting at FF. Hawthorn proved that with a different role.

I see his best goals being kicked from way out. His first last weekend was a beauty on the left about 50m out. For the Hawks some of his best were out on the left wing absolute screamers.
I think until Tip gets up and running our forward structure will be mostly mids doing what we did early last year. A spread of goals to a bunch of players.
Buddy is no power forward ala Cloke. He can kick Coleman goals but not sitting at FF. Hawthorn proved that with a different role.
first on the right sorry

when did I say he is a stay at home FF , he is not a winger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when did I say he is a stay at home FF , he is not a winger
What Im trying to get at is there is no one from Sydney that commands respect at FF without Tippett. That creates problems I think for Reid (should be 2nd tall). Oposition defences would team Buddy up first, Reid would be marked and there does seem to be a third tall from Sydney apart from Pike that offers any major threat tall wise and he is rucking.
Without Goodes and Tippett we are short up front.
We dont threaten the opposition goal square

What Im trying to get at is there is no one from Sydney that commands respect at FF without Tippett. That creates problems I think for Reid (should be 2nd tall). Oposition defences would team Buddy up first, Reid would be marked and there does seem to be a third tall from Sydney apart from Pike that offers any major threat tall wise and he is rucking.
Without Goodes and Tippett we are short up front.
We dont threaten the opposition goal square
Im talking about when tippet is in the side

Ideally i want to see us come out and flex some muscle and smash them, not a competitive loss or a close win, this list should be able to beat the current collingwood side in a home game by at least. 5 goals

No such thing as a easy Collingwood game, i don't care the margin just want a win.

Its not that i care its just reality

The premiers just flexed their muscle and freo did last week, are we a contender or an also ran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back