• Yes

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Next year is his last chance and must win the flag

Votes: 36 37.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll try to avoid the usual Dogs V Giants trolling that explodes in these threads.

I like Cameron and I think he’s actually done a good job. In hindsight I think moves like getting Griffen and Deledio were the wrong ones but they were understandable.

The idea he was given a Ferrari isn’t quite right. They had a lot of early picks and shrewdly grabbed some more but retention has been an issue since day one and it’ll take time to correct it.

They have enough A Grade talent that is young enough for them to be around the mark for a few more years. I think people underestimate how hard it is to get a side into finals consistently and to date Cameron has achieved it. Shouldn’t be in trouble.

I’ll say one thing about GWS fans, they’re fiercely loyal.

Question: why does he coach from the boundary line? Usually guys coaching cellar dwellers do it so they can have some extra contact with the team when the chips are down, but why Cameron?

I’ll try to avoid the usual Dogs V Giants trolling that explodes in these threads.

I like Cameron and I think he’s actually done a good job. In hindsight I think moves like getting Griffen and Deledio were the wrong ones but they were understandable.

The idea he was given a Ferrari isn’t quite right. They had a lot of early picks and shrewdly grabbed some more but retention has been an issue since day one and it’ll take time to correct it.

They have enough A Grade talent that is young enough for them to be around the mark for a few more years. I think people underestimate how hard it is to get a side into finals consistently and to date Cameron has achieved it. Shouldn’t be in trouble.
I dont think retention is quite the issue people think it is. It began with a perception that large numbers of teenage talent would not want to leave Vic or their home state. The club addressed that by recruiting the Lamberts and it worked well.

At least a large part of the reason Leon got the job was his empathy and relationships with the players.

We ceetainly haven't kept every player we wanted to but that was never going to happen. The majority of players who have left have been affected by the reducing list size. It was inevitable this would happen, but we were given first look, and the inside running to retain who we wanted.

Anyone still expecting an exodus of homesick players is being a bit silly. The originals are now around 25, mostly with stable lives and settled.

The free agency window approaching is a risk as it is for all clubs. That's not about homesickness or wanting to go home though. It's about the players having earned the right to choose the best offer available. We probably wont keep them all, but as for most clubs I'd expect inertia to work in our favour.

Certainly a year out from a significant number of players becoming free agents is not the time to introduce any possible destabilizing influence.

Back