• No

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Next year is his last chance and must win the flag

Votes: 36 37.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We were top 4 both those years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
They came 3rd each year, no excuse- lost to the premiers in each Prelim. Very good years just didn’t make the GF.
Yes but they had the best teams both years. Should have at least made the grand finals both years and won at least one of them.

Should Simpson have been sacked for getting beaten by 10 goals in the SF last year and clearly outplayed tactically?
He should have been sacked if he played Priddis and Mitchell again this year and didn't bring in young players with speed. The results would have been a lot worse this season if he did that

What was the excuse last year then? and 2016?
Beaten by the eventual premiers both years? They absolutely minced your mob so hard people had you back in the bottom 4. Nothing wrong with their coaching their players are hitting that age of 24/25 where you start contesting for premierships. maybe in 4 years you ask the question.

I wouldn't blame all of their worries on missing personnel. Griffen and Deledio injured, oh really? 32 year old Heath Shaw who looked like he was done last year injured? The General done a knee (sadly). Jez Cameron did something dumb. Like Collingwood to an extent - when you have big name players who frequently get injured it makes your injury list look a lot worse than other clubs.

But they're at the stage of injuries where they can't get enough fit guys on the park to train and that's a big blow. 21 fit guys training this week. Where's the high intensity training and pressure for spots?

They certainly turned it up a bit today which was interesting. Melbourne down 2 on the bench and the Giants looked like they didn't want to be there after 3/4 time. If they come out and win after the bye it will be a big turnaround.

All of that said, I think this year Leon Cameron has coached better than he has the last couple of years and has started to fix some of their issues. Forward pressure has increased. More width and change of direction in their game. Bringing the right role players in at the right times.

I would've sacked him 2 years ago. As of now I'd keep him.

Should be gone now. The fact they can't make it past the prelims and still don't scrap or fight for it is telling. Cameron wants them to play a bruise free style. Perennial underachievers isn't a good look. With the talent they got, should be better.

Now GWS need to get an experienced coach such as Roos.

Not convinced of his credentials and I think the coaching from the sidelines experiment is stupid, but they would’ve finished top four if not for injuries and would probably be on the way to another PF. Would be crazy to sack him after this year and it won’t happen.

Next year will be big for him and his team,

Playing away finals in front of 80k opposition supporters will forever be a hurdle for GWS.
Didn't they lose a Prelim to the Doggies on their home turf in 2016?
That was their chance right there.
They would have faced the Swans at the MCG in front of a neutral crowd.

But I agree with you. I think GWS are really up against it now. I cant help feeling their chance has come and gone.

Didn't they lose a Prelim to the Doggies on their home turf in 2016?
That was their chance right there.
They would have faced the Swans at the MCG in front of a neutral crowd.

But I agree with you. I think GWS are really up against it now. I cant help feeling their chance has come and gone.

I reckon they have at least 5 years more in their era. They've p!ssed 3 years of being legitimate chances away. I reckon they get one more year before there's real heat on Leon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries have probably cruelled them more than Cameron, but he still doesn't seem to have made the most of what he has at his disposal. At the moment Cameron coaching GWS is like putting a bush jockey on Winx

Giants were really struck down by injuries. The years a pass mark for Cameron. I thought he did pretty well.

However he’s really got to get more out of Lobb and J. Cameron in finals. They’re both great at the trash talk but fire blanks when it matters most. For me that’s his greatest challenge.

Think GWS did well to make the semi’s in 2018 & a competitive loss tonight.

I’m a big Brayden Preuss fan but think GWS should target him from North to be number 1 ruckman.
What was his form like in the VFL.?..Was he ever putting real pressure on Goldstein for his spot this year.When people assess Preuss are they thinking more in a few years time?

Should be gone now. The fact they can't make it past the prelims and still don't scrap or fight for it is telling. Cameron wants them to play a bruise free style. Perennial underachievers isn't a good look. With the talent they got, should be better.

Now GWS need to get an experienced coach such as Roos.

Tonight was bruise free was it?

Giants could have easily faded after they lost four in a row, and could have easily continued with their style of play. But Cameron went down to sit on the bench, just like Libba did when he came back wounded from his ACL. Cameron changed, the team evolved.

They were beating teams towards the end of the season without a bench, 18 vs 22. In modern 14km+ running football this is an incredible feat. Giants came back in that second half of the season.

And as lethal Leigh Matthews used to say about AFL, sometimes games can be won over 6 quarters. When a team works hard in the second half of their previous game and carries this momentum into the following game. Sometimes premiership seasons can be won over more than one year, when a team takes their second half of the season momentum into the following year. West Coast did it this year.

Back